Sony is an artsy bastard

How does a Hardware engineer change a lightbulb?
He doesn’t. The software programmer can fix it.

How does a software programmer change a lightbulb?
He doesn’t. The tech writer can make a note of it in the manual.

How does a tech support guy change a lightbulb?
He doesn’t. It’s a feature, it’s supposed to be that way. Really!

Well that’s a brilliant way to save money and time on problem solving.

Just as Hiryuu did, I read this quite a while ago. And you guys are as bad with the Sony fanboy comments as most of the others at GameFAQs.

“OH NOEZ! UR INTREST’D IN DIS HNKOSHT!?!? OMGZ u must b a fanboi lolzolzozl”

But y’know, thats just my opinion.

Oh hey look at that. Handhelds suck.

There’s gonna be a flaw with all of them. Fixing it is the real problem.

Your article says absolutely nothing about what the actual bug is or what Intel’s response was :stuck_out_tongue:

Like a square shape?

What fucking idiots!! The PSP sucked shit out of an apes ass anyways. The only handheld you have to play while plugged into a wall! :DDDDD

Uh, yeah, I-I knew that… >_>

Wow, that was the lamest thing I’ve seen today, and that’s even after a day at work!

It would be lovely if Sony corrected the issue in subsequent lots, but I feel that it probably own’t happen, unfortunately. Having a technically sound quality product is an important thing, but from that response it just looks like someone thinks that enough people won’t be pissed off by the defect to do something about it.

I agree with Trilly about the idea of saving face. From seeing firsthand through my own work, it’s remarkable what sort of shit people will come up with when someone else notices something that’s obviously wrong.

If current trends continue, wait no longer until St. Patrick’s Day. Nintendo did what it had to…which was to release their handheld before Christmas in America, hoping to win over enough gamers and garner as much brand loyalty before a superior competitor entered the market. Unfortunately, I don’t think snagging one million gamers during Christmas is going to be able to tackle the 200,000 handhelds a month the PSP is pulling IN JAPAN. The DS market was about 420 million over 3 months, and the PSP market is about 125 million over 2 months, and its already outselling the DS.

Hopefully Nintendo will start making games for Sony…it’d be a shame to see franchises like MarioKart or Zelda disappear.

Shut your fucking yap. Nintendo wouldn’t go over to Sony, it just wouldn’t fucking happen. If any company would get them it would be Microsoft, they’ve already tried to buy Nintendo twice. It was either buy Nintendo or make the X-box. Nintendo said no, so they made the X-box. But if Nintendo were to get out of the console business you can bet in spades that Microsoft would unfortunately buy them. The president of Nintendo has said that it’s either consoles or bust. So we likely won’t be seeing them on another console. And mentioning Mario Kart as one of Nintendo’s big franchises shows how little you actually know. Mario Kart doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as The Legend of Zelda.

On another note, I love the guy’s response. He’s SUCH an ass. :stuck_out_tongue:

The truth hurts, man, but there’s no reason to get all pissy about things. I don’t see why Nintendo wouldn’t want to make video games on both consoles. Sega makes games for all three…why wouldn’t any other software company?

And mentioning Mario Kart as one of Nintendo’s big franchises shows how little you actually know. Mario Kart doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as The Legend of Zelda.

That, like the rest of your overly biased and opinionated post, is garbage. Grow up before flaming people for not being as big a fan boy as you are.

There are always better ways to state your opinions than flaming folks. Heck, I don’t even agree with FP, but after seeing Sonic turn up on both the PS2 and GC…anything’s possible now.

Anyway, I will not spend money on a product that is flawed. I’m one of the people who had this annoying blue dot on my DS that just would not go away that was on the top screen. I took it back, and Nintendo would’ve sent me a new one if I hadn’t gone back to Target first.

I appreciate that kind of service. I really do. The fact of the matter is, I’m a penny pincher, a cheapskate, don’t try to give me something that has a defect after money is spent on it and have the gall to tell me to get over it.

At least get some games I’m interested in before you even TRY to pull that crap…geez.

Well, see, A) the truth doesn’t hurt because I’d rather not see The Legend of Zelda on another systme. And I’m not a fanboy since I own all three consoles and have very few GCN games. And B) it’s interesting how saying Gates wants to buy Nintendo and the Prez of Nintendo doesn’t want the company to become a software company can be opinionated.

A) the truth doesn’t hurt because I’d rather not see The Legend of Zelda on another systme.

When that makes enough sense to reply to, I’ll respond accordingly. I have no idea what you mean, however.

And I’m not a fanboy since I own all three consoles and have very few GCN games.

Doesn’t mean you’re not a fanboy. It just means you like GTA and Halo as well as Mario Party.

And B) it’s interesting how saying Gates wants to buy Nintendo and the Prez of Nintendo doesn’t want the company to become a software company can be opinionated.

[i]Nintendo wouldn’t go over to Sony, it just wouldn’t fucking happen.

If any company would get them it would be Microsoft, they’ve already tried to buy Nintendo twice.

But if Nintendo were to get out of the console business you can bet in spades that Microsoft would unfortunately buy them.

So we likely won’t be seeing them on another console.

And mentioning Mario Kart as one of Nintendo’s big franchises shows how little you actually know.

Mario Kart doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as The Legend of Zelda.

On another note, I love the guy’s response. He’s SUCH an ass. :P[/i]

OPINION’D

Nintendo games will probably never ever be on a sony machine, Microsoft would buy them before that, because in the event that Nintendo did go under, Microsoft would win out over sony just because they have the sheer backing of more money. And Mario Kart is no where near as big or as popular a franchise as Zelda is, makes a hell of a lot less money too.

I sincerely doubt Nintendo would go under because Sony is trying to give it some competition. Read somewhere awhile back when the DS first came out that the PSP may appeal more to the gamers that have jobs and can spend that much on a handheld, while the DS would appeal to the younger gamers. Even after hearing about the button thing, my dad’s still gonna get one. ^^

I love MarioKart.

Which is your opinion. In reality, The Legend of Zelda series is more popular and makes more money. Which was Orian’s point I believe.

Either way, Mario Kart isn’t up there among Zelda. I love Mario Kart games too, but Zelda beats it by a long shot. If you want to describe Nintendo, say stuff like Mario and Zelda or Zelda and Metroid or something like that. Besides, people generally look forward to the next Mario of Zelda game over Mario Kart. You hear people getting all excited about the new Zelda game and Mario 128 or whatever it’ll be called, but you don’t hear as much about the next Mario Kart. Jango was just saying that there are bigger series for Nintendo than Mario Kart.

As for the topic, Jango is right about Nintendo’s president saying that they would stop making games when they stop making consoles, I read it awhile back. Besides, Nintendo is making a new console for the next generation, so Mario and…Mario Kart won’t die. They’ll be on the next generation.

Also, Jango’s respones have been very neutral and he doesn’t give the slightest impression of being a fanboy. Now many people here are Nintendo fanboys, but Jango isn’t one them. I don’t even really care for Jango, in fact, he’s on my ignore list (I read his things because of the quoting and decided to read the full thing), so I’m not even trying to defend him. Jango just isn’t a fan boy. Besides, if Jango was a fan boy, he’d say that GTA and Halo suck because they aren’t Nintendo games. In fact, he wouldn’t even admit to having a XBOX if he was a Nintendo fan boy.

Also, it’s like Epic said, Jango wasn’t saying that people don’t like Mario Kart. He’s saying that Mario Kart isn’t nearly as popular as Zelda. Mario Kart is just another game in comparison to Zelda.