Something I can't stand about Toronto

I’ve never been there, but the word Yonge, just irks me. A lot. I think its a really obnoxious word that shouldn’t belong in any language.

And what’s up with all your shootings and gang violence, esp in the metro?

Yonge isn’t a word, it’s a name. O_o
As for shootings and gangs, all I can say is shrug. Doesn’t happen in my area, and there isn’t anything I can do about it. Or rather, I imagine there is something I can do about it, but I’d have to be far more of an activist than I am.

YONGE IS THE LONGEST STREET IN NORTH AMERICA ETC ETC

When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought Sinistral was only going to have the word ‘everything’ in the body of the message. :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally thought it was going to have something to do with ice hockey. :stuck_out_tongue:

THEY DIDN’T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

40 years without a Cup. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I honestly have no idea how the Leafs still get people coming to their games. Geesh. X-X

What I can’t stand about Toronto? CANADA.

There. I said it. We can move on now.

We have tulips growing right now. Toronto? BLIZZARDS OF DEATH.

:kissy:

It isn’t that cold outside :frowning:

No, but we do still have a foot or two of snow sitting around in front of sidewalks.

What are you talking about, it snowed here in Vancouver Friday and Saturday. :booster:

Well, you can always go to Dallas instead. Although, there’s gang violence here in some parts, but quite honestly, no matter what they say there’s always going to be a measure of violence in every major city.

Having a winning hockey team makes up for it.

Yeah what’s up with that? Who expects snow on the west coast at the end of March?

No thread involving insults directed against Canada would be worthy of existence without a link to the Triumph spot on Conan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c3wC3rVu-A

(Yes, I know it’s a different province. Whatever.)

Nope Detroit is still terrible imo.

The only time I ever was in Toronto it was terrible. The men kept STARING at me, as if I was some kind of alien creature… then I realized, hey, It’s March and I’m not bundled up like a Yeti! They can see I’m a female! I’m not just another shapeless bundle o’ clothing!

Seriously, they were freaking me out.

Come in July and I have no doubt you’d have a very different reaction. But hey - it’s already pretty much April and this is the first day in a while we’ve broken a high of 5 degrees C. (Every day we do that, though, it seems to be rainy and yucky.) I’d probably look at you pretty funny if you were dressed in summer clothing in weather that no doubt would leave you freezing.

I can already tell that this year we’re going to go almost straight from winter to summer… it happens every few years. 8-\