Snake experts out there?

That’s what I feared too, sin.

As for the snake: just make sure it doesn’t hit any walls.

…what? These boards -are- mainly about games you know :stuck_out_tongue:

well, we’ve taken out his rocks so he won’t hurt himself.

You do realize snakes need to swallow rocks to properly digest? Put any round ones back in.

LMFAO. I’m perfectly awake, and that’s how I took it.

What scares me is that I understood Charle’s comments.

Im fully awake too, and I took it as such.

Um, on the snake issue, i would just make sure there is nothing sharp in his cage, and see if you can find what caused it and remove it so it doesnt happen again. And I would say go for the books, or see if you can find someone at a zoo/college that knows about them. I wouldnt go to the vet, as most vets dont know too much about snakes and stuff. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

It was yahoo, and they were glorious!

You fox!

No she didnt… did she? If she did, I want some. (No, not really, my Gf would kill me)

I took screenshots
i’ll upload them in a little bit

rolls eyes and slaps face

:fungah:

So, is still he uploading them?

Too late to regret it now!

Does your pet snake have a heater in its acquarium (or whatever you keep it in)?

The most mportant thing to do in case of a wound is to clean it, so as to avoid infections. It’s been too long since the wound’s been made, so I hope you did it.

I’d hope she keeps it in a terrarium. o_O Unless it’s a water snake, of course.

An aunt of mine has a friend who likes to raise snakes. The name for this hobby is herpetoculture. She has a couple of boa constrictors at home too, but since these boas are too big they can’t be kept inside a terrarium so they roam free through the house.

So I asked her about snake wounds, and she said what we always say to people who make threads here on the doubts they have about their personal health: go see the doctor. Only that in this case it’s a vet. And she also told me that the owund must be cleaned. That’s all.

And since I’m feeling snakish today, I wanted to post a song. At first I would post the song of that snake from the frist Mogli movie, but then I found this one which is much more like this thread,

BOA CONSTRICTOR
by Shel Silverstein

I’m being eaten by a Boa Constrictor,
A Boa Constrictor,
A Boa Constrictor.
I’m being eaten by a Boa Constrictor,
And I don’t like it one bit.

Whadaya know, it’s nibblin’ my toe.
Oh gee, it’s up to my knee.
Oh fiddle, it’s up to my middle.
Oh heck, it’s up to my neck.
Oh dread, it’s mm-mm-mm-mm…

Yes he’s kept in a cage and during the winter time, there is a heat rock inside that he likes to curl up on and so adorable!

Thanks for the info

Check if the heater thingie is not burning your pet. [edit]Sometimes this may be is a source of wounds like the one you described [/edit]. I was gonna say that.

kk!

nope. Its not

Hmmm… I’m at a loss here. whacks Charle over the head with a paddle Now where was I? :stuck_out_tongue: Ah yes… I don’t think snakes are supposed to bleed when shedding, and if that was the only part of the body that lost scales, then… I don’t see a reason for the snake to hurt itself like that either, so it must have been an accident of some sort. I guess there’s nothing I can say about it that hasn’t been said yet. I think you mentioned something about covering the wound with a bandage of some sort. Did that help at all?