Slow Dying

Originally posted by Alice
The History Channel forum had lamers? What the hell?

No forum is safe, unfortunately.

There was a punk named Andrew Buttner that liked to stir up the most trouble. (Most folks went by their real name there, at least back then.) Did typical lamer stuff like add meaningless replies, call people morons for expressing their opinions, type using horrible grammar and spelling, lots of ALL CAPS or no caps, and using multiple names like “Hollywood Hogan” and “Hulkster” and “Butt Boy”. And THC’s moderators were NEVER around. I wrote them a couple times and still they did nothing about him. Ironically, one of the forums I posted in the most (as did Andrew), called Race Relations, was closed down with no warning, one of the leading causes for me to leave. I still am not sure if it had anything to do with Andrew or not.

gets nostalgic I might have to drop by there today. See if S Guidry or Pat or any of those good folks are still around.

Originally posted by Alice
The History Channel forum had lamers? What the hell?

Forum (Any) = Shit/Flies Interface

Well said, Piers.

And Seawolf: sniff That was…fargin’ BEUTIFUL, man!

If I had a name like Buttner, I’d probably be an ass too.
/sound rimshot.wav

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
And Seawolf: sniff That was…fargin’ BEUTIFUL, man!

Fullheartenly agree!
I’m still a tad baffled at how there were lamers at the History Channel, but I guess all forums are due for that fate.

I sort of agree with Zombie Ori. There are so few interesting posts that it sort of turns you away. Combine that with people not wanting to read through a bunch of bullshit in the good ones leads people to not post as much. Like I don’t have the energy to read through stupid threads/posts so if I see a majority of uniteresting threads, I won’t even read the good ones since the posts in them are probably of the same quality as the majority of the threads.

Just because a forum is slow doesnt mean its dead.