Silly D&D Situations

What’s the silliest thing that’s happened to people in D&D? Here’s mine, for now:

:enguard: Me and a few friends were battling a Dire Wolf in an arena campaign. For one of my attacks, I, a Sorceror wielding a Glaive, cast Jump on myself to leap into the fray Lancer-style. I roll perfectly for Jump, but for my Attack Roll…

:fungah: Two. After modifiers.

:hmm: So, I end up dropping my Glaive mid-jump. Then, after landing on the Dire Wolf’s back, my friend’s Entangle goes off, and I’m trapped on the thing’s back. We won, but that was embarrassing nonetheless.

So? Any other moments?

My Human female warrior got a spanking in mid-fight once. God, I can’t even remember everything that caused it anymore!

Now a spanking in mid-battle would be someting . . . . . why didn’t I think of that? :wink:

Originally posted by Dragon Ninja
Now a spanking in mid-battle would be someting . . . . . why didn’t I think of that? :wink:

Because you aren’t a sidistic, Kefka-worshipping DM who gets off on imaginary situations like that?

no, but I like sudden surprises and playfulness in my games.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
My Human female warrior got a spanking in mid-fight once. God, I can’t even remember everything that caused it anymore!

You think that’s bad? In a “free for all” Rpg, my Warlock got kidnapped and raped by dryads.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
You think that’s bad? In a “free for all” Rpg, my Warlock got kidnapped and raped by dryads.

Halfling Rogue, An elfin forest. Rogue was being an ass, and the Dm decided to do something about it. Some Goblins popped out, and the DM rolled to see if they successfully rape the halfling.

He rolled a 20.

You wanna a competition?

Mage Fight.

My oponent casts flaming arrow, which simply vanishes in my Spell Ward. I cast Ice Pike and throw it at him. We both roll… I win.

Wanna know in what part of him I stuck that pike?

LOL, that is just all silly
Man, I’m in mood for DnD again…

[b]You wanna a competition?

Mage Fight.

My oponent casts flaming arrow, which simply vanishes in my Spell Ward. I cast Ice Pike and throw it at him. We both roll… I win.

Wanna know in what part of him I stuck that pike? [/b]

No, I don’t.

Half-Elven warrior. We were in a fight with this horde of giants, and losing. Badly. Then, in a fit of inspiration, I rolled to see if I could knock a giant down, tripping up another giant and creating a domino effect. I rolled successful, but he started falling towards the elven member of the party. Now, I COULD have helped saved him, and maybe get some exp. of some sort, but, you know… He was an elf.

Anyway, he saw the falling giant, and rolled to see if he cast a spell to repel it. Well, not only did he fail, but the spell he was casting backfired, and DREW me towards him. I nearly died that game, all because of an elf!

Bet that taught you a lesson Val.

And good lord, DN, Val, SE, you are twisted. but spankings are fun anyay.

Ahem.

I happily point anyone to the WebRPG Top 20.

The other day I critically failed a jump check jumping over a bar to stop a guy, lets just say my groin had seen better days. >.<

In the same campaign as Frame’s, we were slaughtered (at level 1) by 6 gnolls, which took out our level 3 NPC in the second or third round. All of us were dead soon after, exept for Jo the Mighty, who decided, “I’m going to do my Barbarian Rage now.”

He proceeded to turn five of the six gnolls into hamburger. And then got killed by the last one, who had, I believe, about 3 hp left.

Ouch.::doh::

Thankfully, our DM was feeling especially clement (it was probably the root beer) and we were the subject of a Divine Intervention by Kelim Vor.

Schawwinggg!!! Down goes the last gnoll. And we get ressurected in the remains of our wrecked campsite. (We’d had a tent, but Jo’s Half-Orc wrecked it by standing up without bothering to get out of the tent. He’s 6’4", Barret’s height, and weighs over 200 pounds. This after Frame used his “Create Water” spell over Jo’s head, to wake him up.

Earlier that night, before we were all killed, I’m on watch.

“I do a listen check”

rolls 18

“Nothing unusual”

“Okay, I’ll hedge my bets. I hide.”

kthunker

“Hmm. A 3.”

“Well, you think you’re hiding…”

I believe that rape has no place in roleplaying games unless handled maturely. Randomly deciding if a PC gets raped is not maturely handling the situation. In fact, I think that rape should ALMOST NEVER be in any roleplaying game… but I think that it is possibly the most disgusting crime, so I’m biased.

Originally posted by Rountree
I believe that rape has no place in roleplaying games unless handled maturely. Randomly deciding if a PC gets raped is not maturely handling the situation. In fact, I think that rape should ALMOST NEVER be in any roleplaying game… but I think that it is possibly the most disgusting crime, so I’m biased.

I feel the same way and unfortunately I have yet to find a group which can do so successfully. My former group did include it (though it was rare), but whenever it happened everyone (other than myself) seemed to make all manner of perverted jokes. I rebuked their immaturity, but without success. It was one of the factors which led to my deviation from them.

Good call Perc. If it is nessesary I geuss it can be in the game, but something that extreme comes once every 17 millena.

my DnD group really doesn’t deal with rape all that much. In fact, the Goblin rape-thingy wasn’t even accepted as actually part of the game. The scene actually happened, but a minute later, we just went on and acted like nothing happened. It was more of a message to the player who was an ass.

gasp Nasty!

Same with me me. I like real games but once in a while I just like to get into stupid mindless ones just for fun.

Same with me me. I like real games but once in a while I just like to get into stupid mindless ones just for fun.

If you like stupid and pointless games, you should have sat in on my group when we went on “The Quest for the Magical Panties.” ><

(Let it be known, we did find them, sold them to the highest bidder, then got roarin’ drunk and destroyed the entire tavern in the process.)