Samurai Champloo

I kinda liked it, have the battlecry song on my computer. <3

I need to find that music…

Cowboy Bebop was based on oldschool noir, Mostle. Watanabe said at a con I went to that his main influences for atmosphere were Raymond Chandler and a Japanese author I hadn’t heard of, but wrote similar potboiler-detective novels.

As for the similarities to cowboy bebop, I agree, but on the other hand, I’ve noticed similar phenomenon in just about every medium I’ve seen. Many directors, writers, musicians, etc. have only one story they’re trying to tell or only one message they’re trying to get across, and do it over until they think they’ve done it right. Kurosawa was one of these directors, as, I think, is Watanabe.
So, the unoriginality doesn’t bother me much, and, on the upside, Cowboy Bebop had a great cast, in my opinion, from the beginning. Besides, putting them in fuedal Japan may change some things.

I haven’t seen any of this yet, but am thinking about getting it for my PSP soon, so, would you lot who’ve seen it reccomend it?

It’s a very good show i bet you would like it.

Oh did cartoon network show all the Samurai Champloo episodes or what’s going on? Cause they showed the first episode again last night.

Its only like 26 episodes so probably

I don’t think they got to the end of the series. I bet they got halfway through and started over. They do things like that, splitting one season into two.

I would recommend it. If you liked Bebop, you’ll like it. Honestly, I don’t see too many similarities between the two other than the style and a couple of the voice actors.

Umm ya i think cartoon network is showing reruns on weekdays and different ones on saturday…i could be wrong.

Yeah they show reruns during the week and new ones Saturday, but last Saturday they showed the first episode again.

It hasn’t been that long since they started showing Champloo. Nowhere near 26 weeks. Unless they’ve been playing 4 new episodes a week, there is no way they got to the end yet.

I’m nor sure what a champloo is. Maybe the name of that samurai that smells like sunflowers guy that Fuu is looking for?

Mitsuko solved the mystery above.