Samurai Champloo

Its an ok series, but what really bugged me is how unoriginal it was. Its as if they just took the cast of Bebop and stuck them in feudal japan.

I agree with you on the music though, its AMAZING. One of the few Anime soundtracks i actually paid money for.

I would like to buy the soundtrack but I don’t know where to look.

“Bebop” isn’t really a word but it’s a particular style of Jazz that was somewhat of a revolution during the 30s and 40s and was slightly brought back in the 70s. Just sayin’

How can you say Bebop isn’t a word? Its in the dictionary.

Well the dictionary can’t be counted on anymore since it’s full of slang and the likes. Thats right i dont’ think slang are real words :stuck_out_tongue:

Farfalonis can pertain to music. I wanna see some guy fart a song by Guns & Roses. That would RAWK because farts are cool, and Guns & Roses is also cool.

Sigh. :no2:

Someone close this thread, please.

What the cencored does that have to do with Champloo. Don’t spam the bleedin thread for all our sakes!

Okay, I’ll stop

Thank you ^-^. At least post something relative to the subject. Did that site help any Dave?

I can’t get on it. My work’s firewall blocks everything good.

On a side note, when I first watched SC, I thought the one with glasses was named Gene. I didn’t know it was spelled Jin.

It’s not Gene? o.O don’t feel bad

I guess thats how you pronounce Jin.

Like djini is the same as genie.

Did some research, says here the name came from “champuru” (e.g. goya champuru), which means to mix or blend.That should answer your question.

Thanks!!!

That makes perfect sense. I thought it had something to do with the music.

They’re always doing little mix/scratch things with the music and video. And there’s a record in the opening song.

woot woot high five…nevermind. Good work thanks for sorting that out.

Also, the word Bebop is used in Cowboy Bebop because, like SE said, bebop was a type of jazz popular in the thirties. CB has a lot of kickbacks to the detective noir shows that were also popular during that time, hence the name.

So its cowboy because the characters act like “cowboys” in that rough-and-tumble-don’t-give-a-damn-i-do-what-i-want-when-i-want way, and bebop because of what i mentioned above.

That’s also why there are so many references to jazz and detective noir on the DVD covers and the actual discs are shaped like old records. I also think that Shinchiro Watanabe was really just trying to do a modern day anime version of old detective shows. Look at alot of the plots, all you really have to do is replace “space” with “chicago”, “spaceships” with “cars” and it works. You even have the dueling Mafia organizations, and the rogue former member out for justice/cash.

The first episode just SCREAMS it. Instead of Red-Eye, have the guy selling moonshine, to make a few bucks and get him and his wife out of the life of crime they are leading. It even has the classic “female villain falls for hero but hero wants justice more than love” angle.

Just my thoughts.

And uh, back to the topic at hand, you can buy the soundtracks off of <a href=“http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-37-c5ce60051b462f8f9978fa2e3cf74cb8-71-cy-15-samurai%2Bchamploo-43-cy.html”>play-asia</a> (or a torrent). I got mine from the local anime-shop. Apparently there are more than one, though i only have "<a href="http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9x-70-k3p.html">Masta</a>".

2 whole pages were wasted by 13 year old’s answers . . all he needed was Mitsuko’s response. and he’s completely correct.

the show isn’t meant to be original. it’s not quite like the sequel to full metal panic or flcl . . but it’s still a comedy spoofing other shows. they played baseball in an entire episode!!! and there was not really an ending. they could meet again someday . . . all things unusual in anime plotted and planned. i forget if it has a manga . . but that would be strange.

2 whole pages were wasted by 13 year old’s answers

Oh well sorry i can’t really help that.

From what I understood previously, champloo referred to a “style” of cooking - throw a bunch of stuff together, and hope that it tastes good.