Sakaguchi makes deal with MS

Everything else I said still stands.

You asked for an article and I provided it. I didn’t say that everything else you said was invalid.

I don’t give a shit if it is Microsoft. I’ve been playing Nintendo since I was born. They rock. Then XBOX comes along out of nowhere and gets a bunch of people who haven’t even fucking touched a videogame IN THEIR LIFE to go all “ahhh oh ym god xbox is so god lok at the grafics!! nintendo suk so kiddy little pany s hahahaahaha” And now they think the fucking control the gaming business or something. So yes, all of them and their mothers can die. Same with the stupid kids that think XBOX is the best cause it has a “built-in harddrive!” or graphics (I haven’t noticed anything better about XBOX graphics than GameCube graphics… -_-;:wink:

What the fuck? You think Microsoft brought on this huge influx of casual gamers? If anything encouraged non-gamers to get into gaming, it was the fucking PSX, and more so, the PS2. Microsoft just rode the wave of casual gamers that Sony purposely brought in and marketed to. And what the heck do you care? Gaming is a business, and companies will do whatever gets them the most money. And they can make more money from the people who want to play a game about Football or a game about shooting hookers, then they are going to make as many damn games about football shooting hookers as they can, and they are going to advertise to these people. It isn’t like these game companies give a fuck about the hardcore game players, the only thing they care about is making a large profit and keeping their stockholders happy. It isn’t like Gaming is some “club” that only those who play niche-rpgs and hardcore games can join. =\

And no offense, but why on earth are you people defending Sony? They’re a really, really bad company, and (in my opinion) are responsible for the stagnation of the gaming industry right now.

I agree with what Sin and Dev said so far. I dislike the Box because I have yet to see a game in it that I’d feel like playing and I’m not about to fork over cash just to play two goddamn games. Yeah Microsoft is evil and all that but that’s not why I don’t want the console.

Sin: I meant that the PSP as a whole was a mistake, not their not helping customers or whatever. And so what if I AM blaming it on them? I think it’s fairly obvious that had the XBOX not been created there would be no Halo fanboys running around.

984: I have heard a lot of people say specifically that they would not get a GameCube because it has bad (?) or kiddy (?) graphics. And what about Sony? I don’t remember hearing anything equivalent to “HALO ROCKS XBOX IS GOD GAMECUBE IS KIDDY” when the original playstation was out. Hell, I didn’t hear anything like that when the GTA series was out either! I don’t care about what people (Gaming experience vs No gaming experience) as long as they keep quiet or at least be reasonable and not obnoxious.

Then blame the people, not the console.

There have always been and will always be such fanboys. And Halo’s not a bad game. If people are retarded, it has little to do with the games they play. It has to do with society being what it is :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. They would be a part of the GTA Fanboy League.

984: I have heard a lot of people say specifically that they would not get a GameCube because it has bad (?) or kiddy (?) graphics. And what about Sony? I don’t remember hearing anything equivalent to “HALO ROCKS XBOX IS GOD GAMECUBE IS KIDDY” when the original playstation was out. Hell, I didn’t hear anything like that when the GTA series was out either! I don’t care about what people (Gaming experience vs No gaming experience) as long as they keep quiet or at least be reasonable and not obnoxious.

Kiddy graphics refers to the less realistic, more cartoonish graphics. Actually, most complaints are that they think the games themselves are too kiddyish (who wants to be Mario with a firehose when you can be Tommy Vercetti beating up hookers?).

Secondly, you didn’t hear those comments because Halo WASN’T out when the PSX was around. :stuck_out_tongue: However, you DID hear comments that the N64 was kiddyish (this complaint came about the time of Mario Party 1-9). There is something to be said where one system lets you beat up hookers, one lets you shoot rockets at your friends, and the other lets you use a water nozzle thingy. The first two appeal to a larger audience, and like it or not, their opinions aren’t invalid just because they don’t wanna vacuum cleaner ghosts.

And Ramza, the “hardcore, yay rah Nintendo, every other system sucks because it is popular” niche is just as annoying as “HALO IS TEH BEST EVOR.” So you might wanna follow your own advice and keep quiet or be reasonable.

They’ll probably be pretty cool, I’m disapointed since I don’t really want to spend more money on a new system yet.

Its never worth it to buy a system when it comes out, but when it starts having a library, which usually takes at least a year.

This actually sounds somewhat interesting. Between MS and Sony, I actually consider MS to be the lesser of two evils. Microsoft was at least able to provide us an internet gaming system with a hard drive at a reasonable price, while with Sony, you have to pay 150 dollars for a hard drive and an ethernet adapter. If I wanted to get back into online console gaming, I’d definitely get an X-Box before a PS2. I think I would anyway, as it is the next system I intend to purchase.

And Sinistral already said most of the things I wanted to say about Sony. But I know from personal experience that their consoles are junk. What really sucks about Sony’s consoles being shitty is the fact that some good titles do come out on PS2.

I actually like the old school X-box controller. It fits perfectly in my hand. Now as a GC owner, I’ve gotten used to the odd button placement on the controller. It’s also not as bad as a PS controller. My bitch about PS controllers is that they’re too small. They also wear out kinda quick.

Speaking of old school, the fit in my hands was the only thing good about the original GBA. And the Game Gear was just awkwardly huge. And it used a shitload of batteries, too. It was still cool, though.

Finally, I’d like to give my closing statement. Sakaguchi making a deal with MS isn’t the “ENDND OF TEH WLROD” . That would be what the second term of G-Dub is trying to bring.

I don’t get why people even have to judge by system to begin with. I mean, just look at the damn games. A game being made by Sakaguchi isn’t going to magically suck because it is on the Xbox, as was said earlier, the ‘OMG XBOX LEIK TEH ROKC!!111’ mentality is just as bad as the “Nintendo rules because it doesnt cater to casual gamers”. I’m going to play games based on whether I like them or not, not because a few (million) idiots liked or hated them, nor will my opinion be swayed by a select few who have ‘been gaming since they were born’. Guess what? You still haven’t played every single game in existence, you are not a god of gaming who knows everything about the industry. ‘Back then’ may only constitute the NES, when I know quite a few people at another forum (which is surprisingly intelligent for being 100% gaming oriented, and actually has LESS fanboyism there than this place does) who were too busy playing the PC back then. For some people, their ‘childhood’ is Atari (the old system, not the current company), for others, the NES is. For some, the SNES is what they were raised on. We’re entering the generation that was raised on the PSX/N64 now, or at least that generation is entering puberty now. I have fond memories of my NES, for me it was the NES that raised me, and I have owned every primary Nintendo system since. I never owned a playstation 1 (got a 2), and didn’t get an xbox until last christmas. I didn’t get into PC gaming until I was about 12ish. So, I have been most consistent with Nintendo themselves. Guess what? If, as you say, being with Nintendo makes one ‘more knowledgable’ and ‘capable of seeing what games are good’ or some crap, consider me an anomaly; if someone pointed a gun to my head and I had to choose which system was the lesser of the three for this generation, I would actually choose the cube! ENIGMA! They didn’t please me as much as the others this generation! But, don’t get me wrong, I thought the Xbox also didn’t live up to its full potential, either. And the PS2? Home media center my ass.

Now that I know there’s a whole new forum for this kind of thing… <.<

JESUS, people, is it 1995? Or even 1991? Why is it that every few years I have to hear this crap?

1993: “OMG, SEGA SUCKS SO MUCH!!! WHY WOULD CAPCOM MAKE STREET FIGHTER CHAMPION ONLY FOR SEGA IT SUCKS SOOO MUCH AND NINTENDO IS SO AWESOME OMG OMG!”

1997: “OMG, SONY SUCKS SO MUCH!!! WHY WOULD SQUARE MAKE FINAL FANTASY 7 ONLY FOR SONY IT SUCKS SOOO MUCH AND NINTENDO IS SO AWESOME OMG OMG!”

2001/2003: “OMG, NINTENDO SUCKS SO MUCH!!! WHY WOULD CAPCOM/SQUARE MAKE RESIDENT EVIL/FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES ONLY FOR NINTENDO IT SUCKS SOOO MUCH AND SONY IS SO AWESOME OMG OMG!”

And now, this crap. Enjoy your games, people. I agree with the others who’ve stated how this isn’t such a big deal. The current three manufacturers all have their niches; Nintendo makes a solid system with good but nonstandard hardware (carts on N64, no DVDs on GCN), and has an excellent, but small, library. Sony makes a crap system that should never have passed QA but has amazing upgradability/functionality (DVD Playback, HDD upgrade, network upgrade), and an incredible library. Microsoft is still making their niche, but so far it seems to be the company who thought they were king shit, were quickly proven that they were not, and, instead of making arbitrary stabs in the dark to fix it (coughsegacough), they’re listening to their audience and abiding by it, in the afore mentioned controller resizing, in the broadening of the library, in the fixing of power cables, and now in the addition of some Japanese talent. Give them some credit, though, the hardware on the Xbox was an excellent idea, even if it is so big that I’ve got 3 mexican families living in mine, and I park my car in it at night.

My question is… what will be the great ordeal in 5 years? My only hope is that, for some reason currently unknown to us, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all team up with Square, Capcom and Konami to make a game for an EA produced system. Then some of these people’s heads would just clear blow-up and we wouldn’t have to hear about it anymore.

I’d like to see an EA system just so I can tell which system NOT to buy, they are one of the few companies I think actually needs to have a few torpedoes launched in their direction.

I’m inclined to agree, but, as Tycho said (and I paraphrase), someday, we’ll go to the EA store and by our EA games to play on our EA systems. We don’t have to like it.

Jesus, am I the only person who would rather stomp goombas than get in a car, get a hooker, make the car bump, run her over when she get out, back up over her again, get out and take her money, then drive off!?

But seriously, 984, that is why I said equivalent. ; p I know it wasn’t out then. I never heard anything about N64 being kiddy, actually. I have had almost no bad experiences with playstation gamers. Hell, I own a shitload of games for the PSX myself.

When it comes down to it, I don’t think ANY other game (GTA, Halo, whatever the hell) can beat a genuine Mario, Zelda, or Metroid game. I’m sorry if I like Nintendo, I can remember playing Kirby and Mario when I was being concieved. I do not dislike PSX, and I do not dislike Microsoft (I use their computers…), I just do not like XBOX. Not even a tiny bit. I cannot stand their marketing strategy of “fumbling around in the dark grabbing whatever you can and making a game about it, hoping eventually you’ll get something that is worth a shit.” And now that they have caught the attention of quite a few idiots, they will keep feeding them, until they become fat idiots. And the fat idiots will ramble on of the greatness that is the hand that fed them. That hand is XBOX. This is the source of all rambling fat idiots.

Woah, woah, woah. Now, I’m a Nintendo fan boy. I bought a Virtual Boy. That’s right, I said it. I’m a huge Nintendo fan boy, and Gamecube is quite obviously my favorite (current) system. That doesn’t mean that I’m blind and dumb. Mario 64 was great, but Mario Sunshine wasn’t as great. Zelda Wind Waker is great, but that doesn’t mean F-Zero or Starfox Adventures were. Metroid Prime is okay, but it doesn’t feel like Metroid. Resident Evil on GCN is amongst the best, and best looking, games I’ve ever played. For every gem like Zelda Wind Waker, or Eternal Darkness there is on GCN, though, there is a piece of coal, such as your Kirby’s Air Rides, or your Resident Evil Zeroes. And, no, you’re not the only person who prefers the simply joy of Mario to the dirtier pleasure that is Grand Theft Auto; but that doesn’t make GTA players any less gamers than we are.

Every system has hits and misses, and it’s not the SYSTEM’s fault. Every system has devoted followers (GCN has people like myself, PSX has the GTA and Madden clans, Xbox is mostly the Halo guys), but those people make themselves, it’s not the system’s fault.

Don’t knock Xbox just cause you don’t like Halo. For every Halo on the system, there’s a Panzer Dragoon Orta, or an Otogi, or a Ninja Gaiden, or a Steel Battalion, or any other number of fantastic games. PS2 may have its Final Fantasies, but it also has its Pryzm: The Dark Unicorns.

And if your complaint is that Xbox made the Halo crowd, it didn’t. The Halo crowd was created by a weird mixture of Sega, Electronic Arts, and Sony. Sega, for being the first “edgy” system for adults, Electronic Arts for bringing them to our precious video games with their alluring calls of “Madden,” and Sony for giving these people the hardware they needed to remain gamers. Xbox and Halo was simply the next step for these people, and if it hadn’t been Halo, they’d still be playing Madden, though probably on PS2 instead of Xbox, and the Xbox probably would be failing pretty badly right now, and we’d be having this same discussion about something being Sony or Sega exclusive right now.

EA produced system? Sat, you do know that if EA produced a system, it would probably equal the PS2 in terms of shoddy quality? I don’t think I’ve ever played games that were as bugged as their homemade a-little-bit-related-to-sports games (NFS Underground 2 is a GREAT example of this).

Capcom and Konami are already whoring out each other’s characters and games as is, Boktai in MM:BN, the Drac-SOTN pose in RE4…

Well, Capcom in general are whoring out their characters, at least (Dante in SMT:Nocturne).

Japanese companies don’t have a much a problem so long as royalties are paid and they have some say in their character’s interaction in the game, really. Asking Microsoft to play nice and collaborate? If the game is on THEIR system, yes. If not, they’ll just not care.

But that’s not as bad as EA. Why collaborate when you can just purchase the product?

Holy hell, this thread reminds me of gamefaqs. Shit loads of rants :stuck_out_tongue:

ANGRY OPINIONS ARE MORE EFFECTIVE MMKAY