RPGDude's Stories

Well, whatever style of writing you want to produce is fine, but just so you know, I’ve noticed a lot of people in here express themselves in their posts creatively, and it just makes people naturally want to read more if it’s in paragraph format, or something that we can picture as we’re reading.Line after line, is just kind of…non imaginative, especially if it’s out of character.
But if you’re just working your way into fanfic or writing, then it’s okay to experiment with different kinds of format, but most people wont accept something so blunt.
Aaaand I wouldn’t try and your shove your sig down anyone’s throats, because they wont take it here;)
In no way am I trying to be harsh or disrespectful.Maybe I can help you with my comments, or maybe they wont.I’m just suggesting:fungah:

I’m NOT shoving sigs down people’s throats! I’m just putting EMPHASIS on the “Don’t be rude” part!

Sorry. I’m just having a hard time dealing with this tough crowd.

It seems they want perfection from me.

Originally posted by RPGDude
[b]First of all, how I choose to handle constructive critisism is my business. I don’t just deal with it easily and/or “learn to” just like that. So, don’t give me any of that “Oh for fuck’s sake!” BS! If you’ve got a problem with what I just said, PM me about it.

Second of all, Script-Form is how I write this stuff. Paragraph-Form is good, but not my style of writing. So, GET USED TO IT! I’ll add a plot description next time, but that’s it.[/b]

A few things:

1. Sorc is not being rude, nor does he have a problem with you. He was pointing out that you take offense too easily and you assume you’re already a great writer. Well, sorry to burst your bubble here, but you need improving.

2. Your story has flat characters, a flat description, and is very unexciting. Maybe you ought to change your ways and think about the advice we’re giving you instead of assuming we’re just bashing you.

3. You’re not making any friends with that attitude

EDIT: People are entitled to their opinions just as you are, by the way.

Change my ways?! That’s like changing who I am.

And I wouldn’t have gotten an attitude with anyone if I hadn’t been so harshly informed. If people are going to inform me, at least put in a way I won’t get all attitudish. And who said I was trying to make friends? I didn’t. I’ve got enough friends in my town that like me well enough. AND my writing is just fine!

SO THERE!

Change my ways?! That’s like changing who I am.

You need to read between the lines more. I’m saying that you need to change the way you accept others’ opinions.

And I wouldn’t have gotten an attitude with anyone if I hadn’t been so harshly informed.

You were informed politely before, but then you started complaining, which is why Sorc got annoyed.

If people are going to inform me, at least put in a way I won’t get all attitudish.

They did. Except you obviously are too sensitive for your own good, considering we joke around a lot on RPGC.

And who said I was trying to make friends? I didn’t. I’ve got enough friends in my town that like me well enough. AND my writing is just fine!

Well, when you be a jerk on an MB, everyone is going to dislike you. By the way, your writing has some errors, is in a really disorganized script form, and has no plot development.

Your point is?

Sorry. I’m just having a hard time dealing with this tough crowd

Hmm, kinda.But someone’s writing is something to be extremely critical about, and I know from experience that critism is sometimes unwanted.They’re just pointing out what they think you may to improve on.And people generally judge you by your first posts, so…

I was NOT complaining! I wasn’t being a jerk! I WOULD KNOW! There WAS plot development. YOU just didn’t see it! :fungah:

And I’m not gonna change the way I think through suggestion of others!

Dude, we’re not asking you to move heaven and earth.Most of us, such as I, just suggested things to improve on your writing.

I was NOT complaining! I wasn’t being a jerk! I WOULD KNOW! There WAS plot development. YOU just didn’t see it! :fungah:

So now there IS plot development? A few posts ago you said NEXT time you were going to create a plot. Either that, or your story is too messy. Or both.

And I’m not gonna change the way I think through suggestion of others!

Then you’re not going to do well writing stories, considering a good chunk of it is based on how you listen to the suggestions of others.

I said I was gonna put a plot DESCRIPTION! There already was a plot DEVELOPMENT!

I feel like the whole world’s against me!:frowning:

For the record, I visibly noticed very little plot development.

Now I’m trying to be reasonable about this. The members of this MB are not against you. You ARE being a jerk in how you respond to others’ suggestions. If you’re going to hit people, people are going to hit you back. But then, you only read what you want to read.

EDIT: By the way, if you don’t work hard on stories, you don’t get much out of them, and I can assume that you didn’t work on it very well. So once more, I’m going to review nicely:

1. Use a normal story form

2. Organize your characters better and make the characters actually sound who they are

3. Make the story much more interesting

No, I was NOT being a jerk. I was unaccepted by the people, which caused me to lose my cool.

No, I was NOT being a jerk. I was unaccepted by the people, which caused me to lose my cool.

Read over what I said. You were accepted BEFORE you started criticizing others about not praising your story. Your whole “I am unaccepted” bit is BS.

I’m the RPGDude
So don’t be rude
Or I’ll start a feud

We weren’t rude, but you’re doing a good job feuding.

I must say, talking to you is like talking to a wall, so I’m going to give up, since you can’t seem to absorb that we’re TRYING to be nice. Good day.

I was not criticizing! Geez louise! It’s like everything I do is wrong! The only difference between me and a wall is that I have a life! So, don’t tell me to get a life, 'cuz I DO have a life! And I know SOME of you were trying to be nice, like Valikyrie, Chris-chris, and Evangelion. At least THOSE people are cool with me.

To those people, Thanks.

To those who continued to put me down, NO thanks!

I know I said I would quit but…

[b]I was not criticizing! Geez louise! It’s like everything I do is wrong!

You’re overreacting again. Yes, by the way, you were criticizing. If you don’t know what that means.

The only difference between me and a wall is that I have a life! So, don’t tell me to get a life, 'cuz I DO have a life!

…When the hell did I say that?

And I know SOME of you were trying to be nice, like Valikyrie, Chris-chris, and Evangelion. At least THOSE people are cool with me.

For your information, I WAS trying to be nice. Look over my posts. You’re just judging me in a biased way because I defended Sorcerer.

To those who continued to put me down, NO thanks!

Anytime. I didn’t put you down, by the way. If you’re down to making things up, I suggest you quit now.

Look, RPGDude, if you’re going to be taken seriously in a community of writers and educated readers, you can’t expect people to walk on tenter-hooks around your work. Constructive criticism is an integral part of your development as a writer.

First of all, how I choose to handle constructive critisism is my business.

By reacting so immaturely to it, you won’t gain ANY respect as a writer of any standard.

Second of all, Script-Form is how I write this stuff. Paragraph-Form is good, but not my style of writing. So, GET USED TO IT! I’ll add a plot description next time, but that’s it.

Even script form has actions and detail. Check out KaiserVonAlmasy’s “Scenes from a Parallel Universe” for a kick-ass example of script form done well. If you’re not going to do it properly, then I’m afraid you’re just being lazy. A real story isn’t just comprised of dialogue, I’m afraid. The “GET USED TO IT!” part isn’t gaining you any READERS, either. You might not be interested in friends, but a writer without readers is dead to the world. So YOU get used to catering to the needs of your audience, unless you’re the only one who intends to read your work.

And any ‘story’ that requires a plot description to make it plain to the reader what’s going on is not a story at all, I’m afraid.

AND my writing is just fine!
SO THERE!

Well, THAT’S mature. If your writing’s so perfect, why don’t you publish it instead of wasting your time posting it here, expecting comments and then throwing them all back in everyone’s faces when you get some that aren’t to your liking? No writer is perfect - even acclaimed authors improved over time, and through the help of proof-readers and second opinions. So what if your work sounds good to YOU? It’s not YOU who’s going to read it. If you’re not going to listen to and respect the opinions of the people who read your work, you might as well lock it up on your hard drive and read it yourself.

Good gods! If you take offence at every crit directed at you, you simply aren’t going to make it as a writer. And that’s the hard, sad truth. But, well, if you want cute, fluffy and false “It’s good ^^” comments, then just wait and see if you get any.

And wait . . .

And wait . . .

Look here. Everyone we must calm down befor something bad happens. RPGDude, don’t take things too harsh. Everyone else, I think he noticed his mistakes, kay. So, lets not rase too much of a flare…:stuck_out_tongue:

Listen, people. All I wanted to do was post some fics. And now there’s controversy in the air.

I’m not over-sensitive, I’m a just a dude who puts pride in what he does and the pride I have has a huge dent in it.

All I’m asking is that you take it easy on the criticism and not use words like “fuck” and “shit”, because that’s part of the reason I got all pissy.

And as for the wall thing, Omega said that talking to me is like talking to a wall, so THAT’s where it came from.

I’m just a newcomer. And if there will be no more hateful replies towards me, I will drop this whole matter and just do what I came here to do.

That is all.

No comments cast hush on everyone
Check your PM RPGDude.

Well, if you’re going to put pride in your work, at least put work INTO it. When others state their opinions, if your pride gets a “dent” in it, then your emotional problem is fairly obvious.

The replies were not hateful. The mere fact that you think so proves that you probably have a narcissic complex. That talking to a wall was true, since I tried being nice, but you ignore nearly everything I say and just make fake excuses that “the world hates you” and that “you are unaccepted”. So, I’m going to give you a piece of advice: Grow up and take criticizm like a man or stop writing stories.

EDIT: Get glasses, the mentioned words were used about twice.