RPGC's Useless RPG Character : Normation Period

Hey, Strago rocks! I lovwe blue mages, and the concept of using an enemy’s own attack against him!

Yeah well… I prefer Black Magic over Blue =D

And Kirby’s doing a better job than Strago at copying enemies’s attack! =P

Metapod is just as useless as Kakukna, if not more (it could only know Tackle, which wasn’t as good as Poison Sting)

True, Kirby IS the ultimate Blue mage. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Shana, Legend of Dragoon
-Pierre, Chrono Cross
-Magikarp, Pokémon
-Gobi, Breath of Fire 1

Originally posted by d Galloway
Relm, Strago, Gau, Cyan, and Umaro from FF6. They all suck, especially Strago (he’s a freaking BLUE MAGE!).

Relm has the highest magic damage in the game.

Blue mages don’t NORMALLY suck (ones with low HP DO suck, though… say… like STRAGO -_-).

Gau is actually useful, especially in the beginning of the game when he can cast Fire 2- and nobody else can.

Cyan is a tank, plain and simple. Dispatch is the clean and simple way to attack many things. It takes just as long as a normal attack, and does more damage.

Umaro does MAJOR damage, and is quite useful in areas where there are enemies with high magic defense.

I still can’t see a use for Strago. Give me a good reason why he doesn’t suck, somebody.

That talking sword in BG2. I like him, but he’s tottaly useless. There is better stuff than which doesn’t need two hands to wield.

Roun: Because…because he can tell you stories! About days of yore!

Actually the only reason why I think Gau is worse than Strago is because you don’t have the option to use Strago for as much of the game as Gau.

Maribel - Dragon Warrior 7

Light Duran, Light Angela, Light Carly trio in Seiken Densetsu 3 8P

Originally posted by Ren
That talking sword in BG2. I like him, but he’s tottaly useless. There is better stuff than which doesn’t need two hands to wield.

Lilicor is not useless if you have Minsc. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Rountree
Lilicor is not useless if you have Minsc. :slight_smile:

Minsc is useless if you have Keldorn :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me remake my choice then: Boo is the most useless RPG character ever.

Since Sin said some SD3 classes I thought I’d add another:

Kevin: dervish (dark->dark)

The Death hand (dark->light) is only about a million times better (and has a really cool pic at the status screen too :))

Originally posted by pokefreak_85
[b]Since Sin said some SD3 classes I thought I’d add another:

Kevin: dervish (dark->dark)

The Death hand (dark->light) is only about a million times better (and has a really cool pic at the status screen too :)) [/b]

Actually, all of the classes have a practical application when used in the right combination with the others.

But the Death Hand is better than the Dervish, no matter which combination.

Kevin’s Death hand class is among, if not <I>the</I>, best fighter(s) in the whole game.
You don’t give that up for a mediocre fighter than can cast Moon Sabre. No matter which other characters you have.

I disagree with the Light Angela and Light Carlie. Light Carlie is how i friggin SURVIVED the game, and that last spell Angela gets kicks ass.
Now Light-Dark Carlie…

Biggs and Wedge, FF6. You only have em for the first 10 minutes, and you don’t even need em with Terra’s attacks. (In fact, people I know just kill those two off and give Terra all the exp)

One of Carlie’s Dark classes (I’m not sure whether it’s DL or DD, the Necromancer) is one of the best classes in the game. Know why? Two words: Black Curse. Once I had that I could just rip apart bosses no problem. The Darkshine Knight’s attacks went from doing 400 damage to 150, and Koren’s Ancient was doing about 70 damage. Couple that with Lise’s stat up spells, and nearly any half-decent ST or spell will do 900+ damage.

Originally posted by pokefreak_85
But the Death Hand is better than the Dervish, no matter which combination.

Dervish is best dude…

I am adding all the entries in now. When the voting begins, I will attempt to make reasons why they suck, probably getting someone to supply me a paragraph why they are not very good (picture included, but I can find that).

Oh the SD3 choices, I decided to just merged it down to Light Class only, as it annoying to keep writing “Light Cala” or something like that.

Originally posted by Rirse
probably getting someone to supply me a paragraph why they are not very good (picture included, but I can find that).

Boo: he sucks because the only things he does the whole game is distracting Minsc and keeping him from using all his item slots.

Hey why isnt Bowman from Star Ocean 2 not on here?! :stuck_out_tongue:

My vote goes for Tidus.