RPGC ist tott

Then go to the staff forum , into the wiki thread and do what I’m doing right now: ask why its not up yet and when it will be. Wiki is the site’s future. There is no alternative.

Sin and I had an interesting conversation about this a while back. People have different expectations of the Internet and how much work is expected of them when it comes to websites than in 2002. There are going to be fewer and fewer people willing to spend months designing shrines when it’s just easier to edit Wikipedia pages.

Also, Jac, Force Unleashed isn’t an RPG.

Wow. I didn’t really realize how long I’d been around until Hades posted that list and I remembered posts by a lot of the names on it.

I still like talking to people here, even though I really do miss some of the people who’ve left; GAP, Dizzy, Americin, Bluemage, Silhouette, Charle, Pierson, and Percival, to say the least.

In case you lot are interested: http://wiki.rpgclassics.com. Logins are the same as on the Agora.

Yeah RC, if you’re interested, why not rally up some staffers for the discussions we’re having on the staff board RIGHT NOW to try and force this site to go somewhere?

Yeah, that list made me realize that pretty much the entire cast of characters for the original vBB forums is gone. A good couple of those names made me sit up in my chair.

And the wiki thing is a great idea. I’m glad you guys are still working on the site. Makes me regret not having ever learned how to code things.

ninjaedit: hiei… man, too bad he never finished the rpgc video game. although its pretty irrelevant nowadays.

The great thing about the wiki is that it’s much, much, much less complicated than HTML. I’ve been converting one of my entire shrines to wiki, and the only thing that was even slightly complicated was making tables; still, it was waaaaaay easier than doing it on HTML.

Should I make a shrine!?

I definitely would if it goes to Wiki. That looks a lot nicer than having to do HTML stuff

Edit: And am I a forum OG yet wtf

Nifty. Im good at giving direction, I’ve always wanted to write an exclusive walkthrough.

Man, fuck you Hades, now I’m depressed. I remember a lot of those guys, they were fun times. :confused: And yeah, when I first arrived the main forum had crazy levels of activity. Still, there are people still hanging around, but that’s pretty much all it is now - hanging out.

Oh come on, how many times a week do you post? :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t this just a way of saying that the Internet is now more indicative of the general population, most whom are unlikely to want to work tedious hours at HTML? Back in '97(or whenever the site started), the people online and looking for RPGs were probably statistically more likely to have the ability and motivation to make a shrine than the current RPG-searching surfers. It doesn’t necessarily seem that the solution to the sites problems is to recruit lazier, more unskilled staffers. Though, maybe keep the shrine recruitment going but also make a Wikipedia page just to generate more traffic.

Plust if it goes over to Wikipedia, what would differentiate the site from Gamefaqs? The whole edge RPGC had over other RPG info sites were the pictures, and easy to navigate link-based webpages.

If anyone were willing to contribute to the “get Ken out of brainfucking debt organization” then I’d be glad to post regularly, as then I’d have internet access. :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked this from work on the “archives” and I was flattered to be listed among one of the people that contributed… positively I assume. I guess I’m not nearly as worthless as I’d like to believe.

But yeah; I’d be able to post more if I didn’t have to use library computers (the library here closes at odd hours- I’m taking some of my lunch to post some stuff here).

Uhhh you can use pictures and links in wiki format. Not only can you have a neat sidebar, but you can have collapsible links at the top or bottom of each page.

…And categories to make navigation astonishingly intuitive. It’s also a lot easier to diagnose and repair cock-ups in wiki format than in html.

Neb the ‘seriously considering resurrecting his Shenmue shrine’.

Yes. I don’t see how we could make this site alive again other than switching to wiki. This site certainly shouldn’t be about fanart anyway (from the same 2 people, I might add). -_-

Oh God. You’re a masochist.

Using wiki tools and stuff is really pretty easy. I used it quite a bit when helping put in information into a TWEWY wiki. (I put in stuff regarding modes, noise locations, abilities, etc.) It’s fairly easy to use compared to HTML (long time since I’ve used that…).

As for helping the website…switching to wiki will help, but there’s gotta be something else more to it than that. But I’m stuck there, so I dunno.

Ruuuuuuuuude.

Could you have picture walkthroughs on Wikipedia? And lists of monsters/characters/items etc. with pics for each one?