Return of the King Thread time!

I’m sure the scouring of the shire will be in the extended edition, it really wouldn’t fit into the normal one, you can’t just cram that whole part of the book into 15 minutes, it has to be done right. Also one of the few common complaints in the reviews is that the ROTK seems to end and then drags on, adding the scouring of the shire would just make that problem worse.
The only scene that I really wish they had done differently was right before Gollum betrays the hobbits to Shelob and he finds them asleep. In the book he seems to be wrestling with himself and looks like an shrunken old hobbit for a moment until Sam becomes angry at him and he turns back into Gollum. In the movie he was just evil the whole time.

Whatever, I think the massive charge at Gondor more than made up for every flaw people can possibly think up of :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
Whatever, I think the massive charge at Gondor more than made up for every flaw people can possibly think up of :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh so true.

I can and will make it six and a half more days before seeing it.

I can survive until the afternoon of the 27th.

I will not surrender to the lure of spoilers and nearby theaters.

Woe is me. Luckily, my best friend has already seen it, so he isn’t trying to drag me out to the theater like he did the last two years. Makes resisting a bit easier.

And yet still, I am so tempted…

There are 4 hidden objects pertaining to LOTR, not including the obvious tree. Well one object might be a little hard to tell. Hope someone else hasn’t posted this, haven’t read the thread as i don’t want to come across a spoiler.
:moogle: Take care now, bye bye

THe movies were great, sure there were some changes that i did not much care for but the fact is that the movies have to be viewed as separate entities from the books. in order for them to be truely accurate would’ve taken painstaking efforts on the part of peter jackson, an additional three moveis (just a number to match the number of “books” and the series) and an even more monstrous budget than he was given. As it stands i’m happy he fought so hard to get his three 3 hour movies instead of the one 2.5 hour movie he was initially offered. That would have murdered the books.

the Nazgul on the reindeers; the runes on the wreath; and the hair on the stockings(hobbit feet).

I can’t find the fourth one…

Yeah, but the thing of it is, my mom(GASP?!:eek: ) both LOVE the LOTR trilogy. Anyway, I think it would have been cool if they DID have a final confrontation with saruman, as well as at least a FEW minutes of the Scoured Shire, but Damn! In the movie the Shire looked perfectly fine! anyway, in the Minäs Tirith battle, When Pippin kisses the Steward’s rings, its green, not blood red. POint is, it rocked. Period.NQA

Those are ring wraithes on the reindeer, i think thats what they are called. Yup hobbit feet stockings, the elvish script on the wreath, and in the snow globe there is a person with a staff leading some others up the cliff, kinda reminscent of a scene in the fellowship of the ring.

Originally posted by Karlemagne
Just got back from seeing it. It was not that great. they put in too much stuff, and left out too much stuff. And there was way too much homoerotic hobbit undertone. booooo I say, boooo.

I liked it, but yes. LOTS of homoerotic hobbit undertone.

I’ve heard multiple times from various sources that the Scouring was never filmed and therefore can not be in the extended version.

I’m seeing it on Saturday. I can’t wait to see how Minas Trith(sp) and Plennor(sp) Fields turns out! Everything I’ve heard from the movie was good.