Return of the King Thread time!

Cause I saw it last night on Trilogy Tuesday, nyahaha! We were the FIRST people to see ROTK in a public showing in North America, Newfoundland having the earliest time zone on the continent.

So how many people DID see it yesterday? Either at Trilogy Tuesday or the midnight showing? Personally I thought it was awesome. Now it’s spoiler time, by highlighting this spoiler tag you are removing any responsibility on my part for ruining the story for you :slight_smile:

Well first of all, the stuff that was cut out. No Scouring of the Shire, no Healing House, a lot of other stuff not in it. Saruman didn’t show in the movie at all, so no final confrontation at the doorstep at Bag-End. But this is something I KNEW wasn’t going to be in it anyway. When the movie started, I thought for sure they’d be getting right into Shelob’s part immediately, but it was about halfway through the movie before the giant spider showed. A lot of stuff from when Frodo and Sam were IN Mordor was cut, they essentially went straight from Frodo’s rescue from the tower, to Mt. Doom. After the ‘distraction’ by the armies of Rohan and Gondor anyway. And finally, the climax at the Crack of Doom, that was FANTASTIC. Almost 100 faithful to the book, with one exception. When Gollum got his hands on the ring again, in the book he slipped/tripped and fell into the fires. In the movie, while he was dancing like a mad thing, Frodo got back up and rushed him, they struggled, and BOTH fell, though Frodo grabbed hold of the ledge. And let me say, the scene where Gollum fell into the fire, was unbelievable. They managed to show him being consumed along with the ring, without making it look gruesome. And then there was about 20 minutes worth of ending stuff, all fairly rushed because in the book there was a LOT after the climax at Mt.Doom, but they only had about 20 minutes left in the movie to cover it all.

In the end, I was NOT disappointed, I wish they didn’t cut out what they did, but what they left was fantastic.

Oh, and since I bought the $50 ticket to Trilogy Tuesday, I got this snazzy collectable, it’s like this tombstone shaped dealy with a single frame from each movie inside of it. It’s hard to describe, but it’s really neat. And it might be worth a fortune in about 10 years time :slight_smile:

Just got back from seeing it. It was not that great. they put in too much stuff, and left out too much stuff. And there was way too much homoerotic hobbit undertone. booooo I say, boooo.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
Cause I saw it last night on Trilogy Tuesday, nyahaha! We were the FIRST people to see ROTK in a public showing in North America, Newfoundland having the earliest time zone on the continent.
I thought Greenland had an earlir timezone than NFLD did.

I didn’t think Greenland counted as part of North America…

Well if it does, and there was a theatre in Greenland doing Trilogy Tuesday, then I stand corrected.

I like thebooks better… But I’m gonna watch it anyway

They cut out a lot of stuff but I won’t see it till New Years, its My sisters and I’s tradition to see it together on January first. I guess I can wait, but it sounds sad that they cut out a lot of stuff, but it makes since since they dragged out lots of stuff not leaving time for the ending.

I’d see it tonight, but I have to wait until this Friday. This is without a doubt the movie I’m most looking forward to.

Seeing it tonight.

I go on saturday.

Just got back from seeing it. It was not that great. they put in too much stuff, and left out too much stuff. And there was way too much homoerotic hobbit undertone. booooo I say, boooo.

Hey, why no homoerotic?:moogle:

In the book is even more homoerotic as in the movie (I read the book until chapter Minas Tirith).

Ok, gay hobbits aren’t as cute as gay elves…:hahaha;

Looks like I’ll be going on Thursday…or later…

I may see it soon if a friend of mine is going to do so and she invites me to go with her. Otherwise, I will probably wait. I am not very excited about the film, since I already know what happens.

In any case, I am pleased that I did not see it at the midnight show as I had done last year for The Two Towers.

I’ll probably end up seeing it sometime after christmas, considering i am both cheap and lazy :stuck_out_tongue: (or i’ll just wait until it comes out on video) I’m not in that much of a hurry to see it anyway since i’m reading the book at the moment.

Friday night hopefully.

I’m trying to wait until the 27th, when I’ll be in Illinois to (hoepefully) see it for the first time with someone special. :cool:

We’ll see, though. I don’t know if I can wait until then, and I have people asking me and it’s getting harder to say no…

Went last night, got home at 4:30, woke up an hour late at 7:30 and was 20 minutes late for school.

Will see it tomorrow - Was too lazy to camp for tickets =P

Speaking of ticket campers, check this out: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2003-12-17

I’ll probably go to a matinee show sometime after Christmas since I’m taking vacation. I’m pretty excited about it.

I think someone sort of asked me to go to the movie today, but I’m not sure.(?) I’m definitely sticking to my plan, so I can go after the costumed hobbits, elves, and wizards exit the theater.

I loved that movie. I saw it at midnight, last night or wait early this morning actually!

I saw it this afternoon. It was great, but if I had to pick a favorite of the three, I would say the second one.

Homoerotic hobbit undertone? http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/returnoftheking.html