Relatives suck.

Setz, based on your first post I really did think your uncle was an asshole. Now I see he’s been giving your family time to find the extra $500 a month you need. In two years it seems you haven’t been doing much to find it. From what you say, it seems you’ve been taking your grandfather’s generosity for granted since you said you “just bought a new car”. A family that has trouble paying the rent shouldn’t be buying cars.

We did not have time beforehand, this happened without notice.

:victoly: There is a God.

If this was me, I would have started saving money when your grandfather died. These things happen all the time and has happened in my family too. At the risk of being a complete and total jerk, you’re family didn’t take the proper precautions to prevent this. I’m actually kind of curious as to why your grandfather didn’t leave your family the house in his will?

I guess he figured his son wouldn’t have turned out such an asshole. :S

Or maybe he figured that every family unit of his had some kind of reserve funds.

Or maybe he figured his family would be smart enough to not live a lifestyle that’s apparently outside its means.

Anyways, I must wonder why you would have to move two hours away from Toronto just because your family can’t afford that house any more. It seems like an even bigger hassle given your mother’s business. Just up and moving away AND having to relocate a small business isn’t easy. The smart thing would be to find a cheaper place in the same area you live now. Maybe even closer to your mom’s business.

Hey, it wasn’t my decision. Pretty much all of my relatives, save the “opposing” family, live in Niagara Falls/Welland area.

edit; Well, and Newfoundland, but we can’t move there. :S

You know, you can live in houses, apartments, condos, etc. that AREN’T owned by your extended family.

We realize that, but we figured it’d be beneficial to move to either Niagara Falls or Welland because relatives live there. In Toronto, I only have like 4 or 5 persons whom are relatives.

Yes, because obviously living with relatives has proven beneficial so far.

Not necessarily live with them, but live nearby.

Please consider Welland. Niagara Falls is too close to me.

Please consider shut the fuck up, it’s quite distant from me.

Seriously, I don’t want this thread fagged up.

And how would moving somewhere cheaper in Toronto be any different?

Well, there’s less relatives in Toronto than in Niagara Falls or Welland. We figure if we move to one of the aforementioned locales, we’d be closer to more family.

I’m glad you’re family has decided to be closer to more family only after you had a spat with other family. Makes perfect sense to completely uproot one’s life and have to start over (in a smaller area no less) in order to move near family (and only choosing to do so after losing a too expensive house at that). Cut off the nose.

Oh crap, does this mean you’ll have to leave Aaron, Sara, and the rest of Runnymede??? :scream: :scream:

Haha, very funny Dev.

edit; I demand you change your avatar, Mr. Lion.

edit; Stay out of this 984.

stop mentioning IPs then. I don’t even know how a regular user has access to them

1337 HAX, 984. 1337 HAX.

1337 hax? We better ban the haxx0r then.

Very funny? But I don’t get. Must be some inside joke.