Relatives suck.

You mean “…happy and content.” Grammar Nazi away!

Your reasoning doesn’t even make sense, so I’m pretty sure you have no idea what you’re talking about. With conversion rates, I pay more then that for my share of my apartment, and I go to school full time. I find it very hard to believe that two adults working can’t cover 6000 canadian a year when they didn’t have to pay a morage or rent beforehand.

That’s HECKA cheap! That’s half of what you’d pay in California for a studio apartment. You have no reason to complain at all.

God damnit, I don’t mean it’s only 125$ per week, but it’s 125$ per week plus whatever other costs, alongside electricity/hydro/etcetera.

It’s still $500 a month rent (why you or your uncle is talking about $125 a week, I don’t know. Rent is typically done by the month). Many people would kill to find a three story house plus basement for $500 a month rent. I think your family was just living beyond its means because it had a place to live for far less than what it would normally be paying. If your family cut out some luxuries (and control your insane eating habits), and $500 can be managable.

Internet and cable/satellite TV? I doubt your family NEEDS those for their jobs, so they can be cut. Ever eat out at fast food or sit down restaurants? Well, those are luxuries and can be cut back or eliminated all-together. I’m betting your parents haven’t told you everything; finding a way to scrounge up $500 extra a month would usually be a whole lot easier than having to move somewhere else (which would probably also means your mom having to close down her bakery).

The rent isn’t 500$ a month, it’s 500$ on top of what the rent was before. And no, we never go to fast food or sit-in restuarants, nor do we have satellite television.

I don’t have “insane eating habits”, either.

This is where not specifying every little detail gets you. In your first post, you specified $125 a week on top of bills; now while rent is technically a bill, most people tend to think of utilities and the like as bills, not rent. You then kept mentioning the $125/week figure (I am still baffled by that unit) without really specifying the existence of any other rent; you just kept going back to utilities.

I maintain that if rent is now $500 more per month (and is a fair market price), and your family honestly can’t afford it, you were living outside your means. As for the paycheck thing, while it sucks, your father and grandfather should have had a written contract detailing the arrangement and several receipts which account for docking his pay for bills. Your family also should have made arrangements with your grandfather to inherit the house (through right of survivorship, if that exists in Canada, in order to avoid inheritance taxes) since you’ve been living there for so long.

I must also wonder why you know so much about your parents’ finances. I have only a ballpark guess on my parents’ total income, and it is mostly conjecture. I certainly don’t know how much their house payments are, but that’s because I’ve been properly taught it’s not my business to know those kinds of expenses.

As for your eating habits, yes, they are insane. This says why.

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. Eating disorders for the lose.

Back to topic; I know a lot about my family expenses, well, 'cause I’m part of the family. My family is very open amongst themselves.

That double-burger is murdering any semblence of appetite I may have had.

I’m sure her purse is rather open too.

I’m sure the professional snowboarder and automotive repairman income you bring to the family would help some, right?

Also wouldn’t your family have planned for this? It sounds like your grandfather was pretty much propping your entire family’s lifestyle up ;o Besides, since your uncle owns the store where your dad works, its his call if he doesn’t want his business to be supporting someone’s entire family on top of what that man’s salary already is. He wants to keep his business going, i’m sure paying your bills and your dad’s salary is quite a pretty penny.

My uncle has been continuing the trend my grandfather had set about payment and all that jazz, but now all of a sudden he decides to scrap the idea.

984, I can’t believe you linked me to that thread without a warning. I thought you loved me! ;_;

It’s still his choice ;o Have you perhaps tried asking him why he’s doing it? To see his side of the story? Maybe thats better than just bitching.

Hear his side of the story? Does it matter? He’s running our family out of the city.

I just love the whip. ^.~

And Setz, your first post made it sound like your grandfather had just died (“Now that my grandfather passed away, my uncle (his son) has taken charge”). Yet now you claim your uncle has all of a sudden decided to stop it. That makes it sound like your uncle has been in charge for a while now and was under no obligation to continue what your grandfather had established; however, you had established that the business was obligated to continue the trend while your grandfather was alive. The story keeps changing! :o

My grandfather died back like 2 years, and my uncle had no problem with whatever was between my grandfather and my family. Now he changed his mind.

Well, something’s changing here, that’s for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

And 984, that goes beyond the whip. You’re getting the cleats.

I’d say you both just look silly now! Sillygooses