Red necked hicks...

The cleats are my favorite part. :stuck_out_tongue:

<a href=“http://www.brokennewz.com/displaystory.asp_Q_storyid_E_1135metrosoxual”>The news doesn’t lie</a>

Here are some more articles on the subject, strange that the first article left out such important parts. ::doh::

http://www.winchestersun.com/articles/2005/02/24/local_news/news01.txt

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/state/10991368.htm

Can we get back on topic on the kid who is being treated as a felon for writing a story? Rednecks or no, I still think it’s a ridiculous travesty of the justice system in the States.

I don’t think you quite read the possible developments in the stories Chuh posted, Spoony.

As we all know, Rednecks are the most industrius and hard working people in the United States with a rich cultural background.

::Flashes the “More you know” banner complete with trailing lines::

For some reason, every time I hear “metrosexual” I think of people using skyscrapers as sex toys.

Okay, a) From the original article these people did seem like stereotypical red necked hicks, I big man Charlie, type guys. However, it was not meant as an insult to anyone on these boards. Sorry if it was taken that way.
b) The articles CH posted make me look like an idiot. Is sad.

If anybody should feel like an idiot, it’s Alex Rodriguez…

Er… I mean, it’s the person who wrote the article you first linked to. That kind of one-sided journalism is really disturbing. It definitely goes to show you that you can’t just get the news from one source.

According to Matt Drudge, you can. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that Kentucky, looks like it was just a misunderstanding.

Hehehe sounds pretty funny…

Damn straight :stuck_out_tongue:
(actually some of the dipshits here fit the damn stereotype pretty well…)

So many in fact, that I’d be hard-pressed to find a large number of people here in the local area that don’t fit the stereotype. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Ain’t no way” you can pull that off :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason it’s not considered politically incorrect is because of people like Jeff Foxworthy making a living insulting themselves, and the rest of us who live south of the Mason-Dixon line (or, if you read the Onion, the IHOP-Waffle House line). I’m in Texas, “cowboy country,” but I live in Dallas, which is just as urbanized as LA or NY, so I don’t like the type of people that “Blue Collar Television” represents (like several of my family members), but I don’t exactly fit in to the Starbucks crowd, either.

On a somewhat related sidenote, this is one of the side-effects of capitalism, and, from a very cynical standpoint, one of the reasons capitalism works. There will always be a lower class in a capitalist society. It gives people someone to feel superior to.

Always remember Newton’s Third Law: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

dragonquester: what exactly did that add to the conversation?

Anyway, if it was as it was said in the first article, then it most certainly would have been wrong buuuut the second and third articles that CH posted seem to clear things up.

As for the “redneck” or “hick” thing… I never really thought of it like that. I guess that I’m an insensitive bastard. :frowning:

DQ: WTF…?