Recomendations Please

I have finally become able to download anime at a reasonable speed and would like to know what you would recomend that I get. I have a limit of about 220 megs a day for downloading (if I want to get it home) and enjoy anything with mecha or samurai, mostly serious stuff.

Well, mecha, try out Evangelion. And Gundam, I guess, though I dunno which one cuz I haven’t seen any of them. But apparently some Gundam is good.

For samurai look for the Kenshin OAV’s, Samurai X, and Seihousen. The series aren’t hardcore serious, but those definately are.

Samurai Deeper Kyo. Looks pretty kick ass.

Nothing wrong with Kenshin. Evangelion is most definitely on my list of things to get, though it will probably take a few weeks to get things rolling. I tried looking into getting ghost in the shell but I can’t transfer multigig files easily.

Gundam Seed is so much better than Wing, so go get it, it’s on the fservs on chat somehwere…

Evangelion is mindfucking genius, so GET THAT.

And

Of course…

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!!!1!one!elevem!

Originally posted by deathstryke
Nothing wrong with Kenshin. Evangelion is most definitely on my list of things to get, though it will probably take a few weeks to get things rolling. I tried looking into getting ghost in the shell but I can’t transfer multigig files easily.

Hmm it appears you’re looking for twisted, complicated anime as well.

Serial Experiments Lain and Boogiepop Phantom may be for you…

Movies: Spirited Away, Kiko’s delivery service, Akira was all right, same for Cowboy bebop movie, Armitage:dual matrix( i think thats what it was called), Armitage 3(title?)

Series: Blue gender, Trigun, GTO, Silent Mobius(only seen 3 episodes but looks good so far), Hellsing,

I’m still thinking of what ive seen and what was good.

I like most anything that isn’t too silly. I can almost tolerate FLCL but Lupin and most romantic/ guy with twenty girls and no clue (ex. tenchi) annoy me.

My gf made me watch Spirited Away with her, it was pretty fun. Blue Gender was interesting but I’m not downloading anything that I can/could have taped off of CN (except maybe Robotech for old times sake.)

Then you wouldn’t like Sprited Away or Trigun or GTO.

You may like Hellsing, it’s serious, pretty dark.

Aww i love silliness… no surprise. I tried watching the first episode of flcl but my brain just couldn’t handle the amounts of things not making sense, insanity, or whatever. I’ve seen like 2 episodes of tenchi, it hasn’t really appealed to me either.

Also my gf likes vampires and stuff like that so I may want to get some of that kind of stuff to watch with her.

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust for your gf.

If you haven’t seen Ninja Scrolls dl that one. The movie, not the series.

Violinist of Hamelin :D:D:D:D:D:D

</sameresponseigiveforeveryreccomendationsthread>

Bah, Unit 01 could step on VoH. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unit 01 is a fucking giant mech, yo. Hameln is just a itty-bitty bard :stuck_out_tongue:

He still owns, though ;>>

Obviously he doesn’t own Unit 01! BADUM-TISH! :stuck_out_tongue:

i reccomend Macross zero it’s one of my favorite animes. and the graohics are some of the best around but i only found 3 episodes that took me forever to download since not to many people know about it that i’ve talked too but this is a greay anime (if you got Imesh you should be able download since i’m always on it so you should be able to find it… oh and imesh is my favorite download program.)

Evangelion is highly overated in my opinion. Go for Hellsing or Trigun and you definately need to get Blood the last vampire.

I recommend Saiyuki Reload. It’s extra fun if you know the story behind it, but in either case it’s an interesting looking anime with really weird “heroes”.

The Read Or Die OVAs are pretty sweet, and there’s only 3 of them. Check them out.