Re: People acting as jerks towards Manus and Manus' behavior

Frankly, I’m sick of both.

For quite a good deal of time now, two things have been going on.

1. Manus Dei has been acting like an overdramatic, hypersensitive, almost-spammy ignoramus.
  2. A significant portion of the people on these boards, staff members and such included, have been treating him like dirt at an increasingly vicious rate.

I personally don’t care which “side” you are on, whether you think Manus is acting like a fool or if you think other people are acting like assholes to him. And I also don’t care which of the two sides in your opinion “started it” or is more guilty, no matter how obvious that may be to you personally. I just want both of these things to stop.

– I don’t want to see you Manus repeating yourself frequently in threads, talking hyper-abstractedly over basic topics, getting hyper and spammy over things, taking many posts to make a single point, getting frequently melodramatic, etc.

– I don’t want to see the people who don’t like Manus expressing this dislike so publicly, frequently, and brazenly. If you don’t like Manus, keep it to yourself. Either put him on ignore, or PM each other with how much he drives you crazy. I don’t want to see any more Manus bashing or yelling “dude shut up!!!” or any of that sort of behavior that some users seem to be reserving only for when dealing with Manus.

Keep in mind that I’m not taking either side in this matter, I find both the behavior of Manus and the people who are on his back all the time to be highly immature and thoughtless.

If either of those two kinds of behavior I outlined keeps cropping up, whatever forum it may be on, I will be administering warnings to the guilty parties. If it is Manus, I’ll warn him for spamming, senselessly posting, and unnecessarily bothering other users. If it is someone attacking Manus, they will be warned for flaming, persecuting other users, and vigilanteism. If any of those warned still don’t get the message, I will seek weekly temporary bans. After time has passed and things seem to be cooling off, I may relax my vigilance somewhat, but don’t bet on me telling you when that is :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to discuss if the mood suits you, but I don’t really want to hear any complaining, so in the words of Arnold, “stop whining!”

Wow. Merlin is adminstering the beatdown.

Shirley, you cant be serious!

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.

K, as long as he doesnt say somthing stupid, I’ll keep my gob shut.

Originally posted by Merlin
Feel free to discuss if the mood suits you, but I don’t really want to hear any complaining, so in the words of Arnold, <a href=“http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/tenchimaru/stopwhining.wav">"stop whining!”</a>

I’ve taken Merl’s position all long. Given I never really saw any of the posts Manus was “overdramatic” in. Just let those who want to act like fools be be fools I always say. I don’t care either way.

I have been trying to treat him fairly, despite how t may seem, but after like 50 PMs he’s sent me, asking for forgiveness or saying goodbye or acting like he really wants to hear the advice I give him, I’ve just gotten tired of it.

All I have to say is that I have a strong dislike towards his behavior because I was once like him, only with less flowery vocabulary, and I know that it’s not with compassion that you get out of it.

Then again, the end result isn’t much better. So it goes.

Heh…Well…Don’t let this thread be another discussion-Flaming one against Manus…Heh…

I just say this
People hardly change, even if they want to…

Allright. I’ll shut up about it. But WHEN he starts acting up again… I hope that SOMEBODY takes the initiative to ban him.

<!–And a good riddance it would be!–>

I’ve really never had trouble with him.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I have been trying to treat him fairly, despite how t may seem, but after like 50 PMs he’s sent me, asking for forgiveness or saying goodbye or acting like he really wants to hear the advice I give him, I’ve just gotten tired of it.

Why did you not put him on ignore, then?

Calm down, everyone. Deep down inside, I think that Manus Dei is a good person. He has problems, but all of us do too.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker

Actually, I listened to every single of your suggestions. I’m sorry things turned out like this. But know this: I tried my best. You were among the few people I listened to. And I still hold you in the higest regard, even if you hate me, put me on ignore, blame me for the Babel disaster or misjudge me. Even if you turn your back on me, I won’t do that to you.
And remember, whoever Dark was (I’ve only heard about him once or twice), I have nothing to do with him.

Manus, you’re doing it again :stuck_out_tongue: People don’t like it when you accuse them of doing stuff like “blame you for Babel”, “misjudge you”, and all that. I’d like it if people stopped going “STFU” to you for no reason and if you stopped repeating yourself and indirectly accusing other people of these acts.

I’m NOT accusing anyone. All I’m saying is that, no matter what Val thinks, I tried to follow every bit of advice she gave me. I tried my best and no less than that. And even though she thinks I’m a stubborn jerk, I still respect her. That’s all.

You realize you all turned this into yet ANOTHER argument right?

Originally posted by Manus Dei
Actually, I listened to every single of your suggestions. I’m sorry things turned out like this. But know this: I tried my best. You were among the few people I listened to. And I still hold you in the higest regard, even if you hate me, put me on ignore, blame me for the Babel disaster or misjudge me. Even if you turn your back on me, I won’t do that to you.
And remember, whoever Dark was (I’ve only heard about him once or twice), I have nothing to do with him.

I’m afraid that you take too much credit for the disbanding of the ToB. You were certainly not the cause, you just clung to the hull of the dying whale of Babel like an infectuous barnicle, and causing me to make stupid metaphors (;p).

You just made it a LESS enjoyable experience to the already declining fun of Babel. Sure, I had some fun with a couple of threads me and a couple of other people made, but the majority of that forum was crap.

My beef with you is that you just… well… don’t seem to GET it. -_-

You bother us with your incessant yammering, causing everyone here to be just a TAD cranky at your unintelligent melodramatic bull. Learn when to shut up. Period.

: Mr. Whoohing Smilie says ‘Go Merlin. Go the guy with the avatar that looks like a golfer. Go Merlin. Wooh.’