PS2 Games- !hat should I buy?

Backwards compatibility has worked fine for everything I’ve tried it on. Maybe I’m just lucky. Anyway, the PS3 has MGS4, 360 still doesn’t. I don’t regret my decision whatsoever, seeing as the only exclusive title on any system I have cared about thus far has been MGS4. Also, I definitely remember paying less than two hundred over a new 360, but I got a bundle deal, so, again, maybe I was just lucky.

Anyway, I’m perfectly happy with it. I’m also perfectly happy with my PSP. I’m hardly a fanboy, but so far Sony’s done all right by me with the only two consoles I’ve ever owned, as a counterpoint.

The PS3 backwards compatibility is renowned for having problems, so you have been lucky. Even then, the point is not important for the simple reason that the PS3 no longer has the feature. I never brought up the PSP, but if you want to talk about that, yes its a nice little machine. The problem is the library is pretty bad for it and the release schedule is pathetic. Sony did not do a good job supporting the platform and developers abandoned it and that’s not just me saying it. The PSP Go! is a disaster waiting to happen and even ass kissing analysts are calling it a rip off. Also, the PS3 has been several hundred dollars more than the Xbox for years, so I really don’t know where you got yours. The president of Activision has publicly threatened to stop supporting Sony’s platforms because they weren’t doing a good job selling their machine and he’s not the only one to have voiced similar concerns.

Btw, you weren’t the one I was calling a PS3 fan boy.

It really seems like the recent Playstation products are perfectly good, but they just aren’t being promoted well. The ps3 being so expensive is definitely a turn off for a lot of people.

I actually only know one person who owns one, but virtually every gamer friend of mine has a 360 and Wii. So, I guess Sony should just suck it up and make the price a little more palatable, and they’ll be more succesful.

The same idea goes for the PSP. I have heard good things, I know it can play movies and shit, but everyone I know has a DS. I think its just that we see them in commercials and just around more than the PSP. Once again, I only ever knew a single person with one.

Do you think the Ps3 will be affordable to people soon enough that it will have a chance to flourish?

Curiously, everyone* in my army group has a PSP. I credit it on lack of puzzle/rpgness on their parts.

*who has a portable.

Speaking of great PS2 games, I just got the Mega Man Anniversary Collection in the mail. Finally! Man, this is one of the best collections ever.

I’ve wanted to get a copy of that… should I go PS2 or Gamecube? I’m thinking PS2 since I know I’ll keep one of those, but are there any differences?

I used to have a PSP (for a few weeks). However, at that time, I wasn’t aware of firmware cracking, playing PS1 games on it, and it really didn’t have that great selection of games. It’s a great system, but sorely lacks really good games as opposed to the DS. Personally, I feel bad about getting rid of it, but on the other hand, I did get a DS from it. And I’ve played the hell outta that thing.

Anyways, there looks to be some pretty good games coming out soon for it. As for the PSP Go!, it’s gonna bust. Crash and burn, baby.

I have no idea if there’s a difference. Most likely not. My advice is get the one for the system you use the most (preferred type of controller might fit in here too).

The DS has really had a lot of good games. I’ve bought a bunch of games for it simply because they were 1. on sale or 2. cheap at gamestop without having any prior knowledge of them, and excepting the Zoo Tycoon game (hot mess) and Lunar: Dragon Song (broke my heart) they were all highly enjoyable.

Vicki: The only differences I can think of off the top of my head are remixed music and some kinda hint mode thing. I know for sure the PS2 version has the cool remixed music.

the ratchet and clank series

no ps2 game collection is complete without the
action, puzzling, captain quark :smiley:

I have a portable. They are really great once you hack them, having any ps1 game you want plus all the psp games, plus all the emulators and homebrew games is great when your on the go.

I said curiously because DS globally seems to outsell everyone and their mother (PS2 still has better lifetime numbers).

The DS is just awesome. Everyone wants to be able to play Pac Man and be able to draw in a penis instead as their character :stuck_out_tongue:

that isn’t just me is it?

The DS has a superior library to the PSP. There just aren’t a lot of titles on the PSP. If you hack the PSP, it increases its value dramatically by being able to play PS1 games and the PS1 library is undeniably great.

And you’re right that the PS3 would sell a lot better if it was better priced. Even Tecmo Koei is asking Sony to lower the price now. But as it stands, Sony likes to think they can sell things for more without justifying it, like the PSP Go!.

PSP Go! oh god, I’m a sonyfag and I can’t even defend it.

I wonder if they revamped the PSP and maybe improved the PSP library it could become a more viable handheld? I would try it but right now it just seems not worth it.

The ps3 as well. I would get one if it were more inexpensive, but it just isn’t. I can add a shitload to the library of systems I own already for the price of a ps3 and nothing else.

Its too late to revamp the library, the system’s been out for too long. That’s why the PSP Go! is such a bad idea: they’re not changing any of the hardware so the software’s going to be the same.

I’m actually considering to get a PS3 with the upcoming bundle from Best Buy, but it’s still really pricy…

On one hand, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Killzone, MSG4 and Cross Edge along with the Better Version of ToVesperia…on the other hand, 400 bucks. :frowning:

I’m usually under the impression those bundles are US only. There’s also a reason they’re finally making a bundle that doesn’t make people want to vomit: they’re trying very hard to get the systems off the shelves (PS3 slim, price cut rumors). I’m waiting for the price cut. I’m surprised LittleBIGPlanet’s not on your list, Z. Its an excellent platformer.