PS2 Games- !hat should I buy?

No that’s not DoA. I found DoA 2 to be pretty easy to approach.

You’ll be kicking the crap out of eachother in SC. I think 2 is the best but whateverz.

And you get Heihachi

Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Parappa the Rapper
Gitaroo Man
Gradius V
Alien Hominid
Dragon Warrior 8

I’m surprised, you actually liked it?

I only played 1. I’m looking forward to 2’s PSP release. I did most of the extras to Disgaea 1, but did not kill Baal. I got Priere and that was it. I stopped when I had to fight the protagonists from Disgaea 2. I had had enough grinding.

Seconding these, especially the Personae if he likes RPGs he can get really into. If you decide to go with P3, make sure you get the FES version; it’s the same game with more content, and it retails for less besides.

Throw in the Capcom collections of Street Fighter and Megaman and you’ve got a solid PS2 game collection right there. Maybe Burnout 3 Takedown for some racing action as well.

get him what he really wants, a ps3. and get me one as well :b

EDIT:
oh yea, Conflict: Desert Storm wasn’t bad (other confilct games were awesome) and Ace Combat 4

He actually didn’t want a ps3. That was what I was going to get originally. But all the really great games are on ps2 and on the chat I was schooled on how the ps3’s that have ‘backwards compatibility’ really shit the bed.

Hence the ps2 and more great games fo’ cheapah.

Out of curiosity, why is he anti-xbox? The 360 has an excellent library.

We’re not particularly anti-xbox, we’re just more familiar with playstations and nintendo systems, so we tend to lean towards them.

Part of it might be that the only xbox games we ever see advertised are first person war-related shooters, which really isn’t in our interest.

We also wanted a ps2 so we wouldnt have to switch systems to play ps games.

I find Tekken the best choice in 3D fighters. If he likes 2D as well, just about any SNK fighter will be decent, there’s a Capcom Street Fighter type bundle (I think the Street Fighter 2 series and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are really the only good ones, but for some reason I just hated the character design and gameplay changes of the Street Fighter 3 series), and I think a similar package deal for Darkstalkers (which I prefer to Street Fighter, slightly, but that’s probably the same goth kid part of me that bought a stupid lighter with a black widow on it the other day. . .).

Otherwise, MGS3, MGS for the PS1 if you guys haven’t ever played it, and the 984’s list (with emphasis on Shadow of the Colossus and Okami) is pretty much everything I think you’ll want.

I WISH! That was Japan only.

That sucks. There’s one in the US for PSP, I know. I just assumed they would’ve done it for PS2, also, given that.

There are a lot of non-war fps games on xbox. I find the xbox 360 library far more interesting than the PS2’s, personally. The technology and quality of the design are light years ahead.

RPGs: Tales of Vesperia (multiplayer too), Mass Effect, Fable 2 (also multiplayer).
Story / action: GTA IV and its expansions
Platforming 3D: Prince of Persia, Mirror’s Edge

Multiplayer: sorry to say, the FPS games are best for that. Gears of War 2 and Halo 3 are far superior to anything on Sony’s consoles, though KZ2 is finally supposed to be decent. My GF’s not an fps player and she enjoyed these quite a bit in split screen co-op.

XBLA: Braid (puzzler and platformer - though also available on PC), Castle Crashers (multiplayer side scrolling arcade brawler), lots more titles. If your husband’s a ninja turtles fan, they’re re-releasing a remade multiplayer ninja turtle brawler soon.

I prefer to keep an open mind when it comes to consoles. Sony, MS and Nintendo all make good first party games, but the 3rd parties vary with each generation. I find its not useful to pidgeon-hole oneself.

I don’t know, I can’t really think of many X-Box games I’d want to play. I mean, I have an open mind to it, I’ve just never heard of an X-Box exclusive game that I can recall being even kind of excited about.

Arac- same here. There’s just never been games that draw me to the xbox, so its easier to stick to consoles that I already have.

No it doesn’t, sin. and the only thing about backwards compatible PS3s is the smaller HD.

From the many people that gave input, the ps3 with bacwards compatibility worked like a bad emulator that couldn’t load up anything well.

The PS3 backwards compatibility doesn’t work and even then, its no longer available. Sony removed it to save on costs while not transferring the savings to the consumer. The PS3 has a few good first party titles, like LBP, but in terms of numbers, it doesn’t add up. The PSN also is not very good. There is a lot of overlap between the PS3 and the 360 with the likes of GTAIV and Mirror’s Edge and others, but why pay 200 bucks more for a machine that plays the same games, at sometimes a lower quality, like with Ghostbusters? Don’t be such a stupid fanboy. The PS3 will get its day when it is competitively priced.