Pilotwings for the 3DS? Shit, I'm SOLD!

Took 'em long enough like, what, 15 years? Also, other releases in here, but still…

PILOTWINGS.

Nevermind Pilotwings. They’re finally getting a virtual console together for GameBoy and Gameboy Color games.

Err…Well, at least there aren’t as many good GB and GBC games that won’t make it onto the VC. Or at least in Japan…Unh…Yay! Pilotwings!

Ninja Edit: Oh wait. It’s Pilotwings Resort.

Double Edit: Full list thus far seen here.

:frowning:

YOU FOOLS

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3

ah, yes… Pilotwings! I remember that game from the N64, tho I never played it :frowning: I heard Diddy Kong Racing was better in terms of the whole flying game perspective, but I never played it so I can’t say. But this dies sound interesting none-the-less. As for the 3DS and PSP2… I never heard of them till now. Guess I’m just out of the loop at the moment! xD As for the price of a 3DS… it’ll be pretty damn expensive, considering the price for the NDS hasn’t budged for the past few years (in terms of major differences.)

Paper Mario, nice. I like to have my Mario rpgs handheld.

Dear Yuropeans,

The 3DS will cost 250 dollars in NA. It will cost 250 EUROS in Yurop.

Could you comment on that? Plzkthx

^And it’ll cost closer to $300 in Canadian Funbux.

Really though, I’m not surprised at all given the kind of corner Nintendoh backed themselves into with the releasing the 3DS within a year of their previous handheld upgrade which in of itself was released a year post the prior power-pup.

Looks pretty good, and there’s a couple of games on that list I’ve been wanting to play again. Also, I had to snicker at the incredibly cheery song they set everything to when it got to the Resident Evil demo.

Actually, the recent rise in the Canadian dollar partially fixed the game problem in Canadia. The main issue now is taxation without representation.

Yes, certain “professionals” think customers don’t know shit about exchange rates (ditto for Steam). On the other hand, prices seem to be adjusted for the UK. Mind that if the 3ds is region free, people are just going to import it.

Dear Americans,

I have a job, thus a small cache of funds to divert into matters that require disposable income! And the thing will probably cost closer to 300€ because 23% VAT.

Comment accepted.

EDIT:

DEAR UH-MER-ICANS,

FFS NINTENDO, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO AFFORD A HIGHLY DESIRABLE PIECE OF HARDWARE THAT WILL PROBABLY ENTERTAIN ME FOR THOUSANDS OF HOURS!? I HOPE SOMEONE PROGRAMS AN EMULATOR ASAP SO I WON’T HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR HARD WORK AT DELIVERING QUALITY GEAR AND SOFTWARE! I ALSO LIKE SAUERKRAUT!

Better?

What is this 3ds stuff anyway? I thought the DSi just came out. What the fuck? What is it with new stuff being released mere months after non-redundant stuff? FF14 is apparently out too. What the motherfuck? 13 came out like 8 minutes ago. Did I timewarp or is there some kind of new “fuck longevity” mentality in gaming that went over my head?

I have a DS Lite and the thought of replacing it with a new DS that doesn’t play GBA is pretty laughable. Like, it would be outrageously retarded. What is good about 3DS other than looking like Avatar?

DSi was yet another refurbished model of the regular DS but with the almost completely useless DSiWare and a few other accessories. The XL is a supersized DSi for those who’s i’s are bad and/or old.

The 3DS is a new system built from the ground up to be to the successor to the DS series as the GBA was to the GameBoy series.

FFXIV came out in mid-September. It’ll probably be awhile before Squeenix gets a handle on wtf they’re doing.

Its powerful enough to run PS2 games in 3D without glasses. That’s all we know right now. Everyone who’s tried it has been in awe of it. Nintendo admitted they were carefully watching how people reacted to the console because its one of their justifications for its price tag.

The DS has been out for at least 7-8 years now. It is way old.

From what I’ve read, it’s pretty powerful. Kinda funny that nobody can really take good pictures of the system in action. (The 3D effect blurs the screen in photos taken or something to that effect.)

I’m curious to see how it pans out though. I want to see how well Snake Eater and Tales of the Abyss turn out on the 3DS.

Its powerful enough to run PS2 games in 3D without glasses.

Huh, seriously? That might give the fans the backward-compatibility the PS3 never had. Square would be dumb to miss the chance to recycle many PS2 titles (assuming that’s what they want.)

The 3D part I don’t care much for.

The DS is old but the DS Lite, DSi, and now DS3D are being released like machine-gun fire. Slowwwww down.

Will the DS3d sill play normal DS games?

I heard it does, and it makes sense that it would… so many people still play the regular DS, they should know that people aren’t going to by a whole new console for specific games.

But, yeah DS is still big…so they should hold off on the new stuff until the DS dies down a bit! I mean the price here in Australia for the DS has remained at around $210 AUD for a hell of a long time now and doesn’t show any sign of budging any time soon!

The Lite came out almost four years ago or something. I got mine for Xmas of 06.

As for the other question, I can assume it will because they’re at least capable of playing DSiware games. All three of them.

The DS came out in 2004.

I could care less about the 3D stuff. It’s the rediculous list of launch games makes me little dragon stand up happily. Tales of the Abyss is coming? Is that why Gamestop.com knocked 30 bucks off it?

The GB/C BC intrigues me. I’m sad that GBA isn’t happening. Yet, anyway.