People who think they are vampires...

For the secret to eternal happiness turn to page 483

Originally posted by RPG Knight
[b]Hey, I have all the same symptoms of a Vampire, except for the fact that I think drinking blood is disgusting. Or I could be a PsY vAmPiRe, because I do like to bring out emotion in people, it’s fun to see their replies.

How do you get healthy by drinking blood? There’s no proper explanation. You’re more likely to get all sorts of diseases. I bet that’s why vampires have such good immune systems, because they’ve used it so much.

EDIT: Folk Legends? Oh. Mere technicality. And I wouldn’t be surprised if these stories had gotten all over the world, after all, that’s how most religions started. Someone tells it to one person, and then he tells it to someone else, and so on and so on. Eventually you have a million renditions of the same story. Oh well. [/b]

As a precautionary note, being a psy vampire probably won’t fly as an excuse for trolling.

And anyone who thinks that all Sci-Fi is cheesy, you’re probably right. That’s why I read SF, and I leave Sci-Fi for tv and cheap publications.

You know- there is nothing wrong with people thinking they are vampires as long as they don’t hurt anybody. :stuck_out_tongue:

What if we come in contact with someone who believes they’re a vamp and they try to kill us if we laugh at them? :stuck_out_tongue:
On a serious note some people will and do take the vampire thing to far, but that’s saying the same about every fanatic in every religion I guess.

Eva, got a pic?

I just might.

Can I see it?

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours /end of hidden subtext

If i’m gonna show you mine, you better be hella naked in yours.

I guess we haven’t fully established the trust thing, have we. Well, I’ll see what I can do…/end of hidden subtext # 2

Now keep to your end of the bargain.

Well then I’m just gonna have to throw a garbage bag over my head hmm? Now that is incredibly sexy.

…What…The…Fuck…Is wrong with these fucking retards? I’m all for personal beliefs and all, like sure, you can believe there is a ‘big foot’ out there somewhere, that there is a loch ness, but fuck, you’d have to be pretty fucking stupid to think you are a vampire.

A: Fuck you, Rudoa. I don’t THINK I am a vampire, I AM a vampire!!!
B: There is a Bigfoot AND A LOCH NESS FUCKING MONSTER!!!

Originally posted by Rudora
…What…The…Fuck…Is wrong with these fucking retards? I’m all for personal beliefs and all, like sure, you can believe there is a ‘big foot’ out there somewhere, that there is a loch ness, but fuck, you’d have to be pretty fucking stupid to think you are a vampire.

The comical thing about it is they’re oblivious to reality and common sense it seems.

If I am not mistaken, vampires started with a girl, who’s name escapes me. She was whipping a servent girl, and got blood splattered on her. The next day, she said the places where the blood splattered on her looked “younger”. After that she began to bath in the blood of young virgin women. To stay eternaly young and beautiful.

From there it was twisted into blood sucking. I remember this from when I used to get TV and watched way to many documentories and stuff :stuck_out_tongue: (I always had an unquenchable thirst (:P) for odd facts)

And umm… I’ve read alot, mostly out of bordem, partly out of interest, about psy vamps and so much more, but the way I see it, alot of these ‘psy’ thingies, have alot incommen. It’s really all in the name you pick. Vampire, witch, druid, or whatnot.

Also, for all of you out there who dont believe, cause it is stupid or what not because it just seems stupid, for those of you who believe in god, or ghosts, or anything beyond what you can’t touch, what makes it real, what makes anything real, is the fact you believe it. Nothing more. So, while you might not believe in this, someone else might. To them, it is real as the sun. To someone else, it is like believing in magic spells. Like she said, try to keep an open mind. Personaly I believe that belief in something makes it real ^^; While I don’t believe in vampiorism dirrectly, I believe that if someone does, it is real to them. I guess you could call that indirrect belief… or something.

On a side note, there is a documented medical ‘illness’ that makes people crave blood.

:kissy:

Carmilla.

And no, thats not where the vampire legend started.

There have always been stories of man-beasts that would drink the blood of the living. As far back as… who knows?

And somone thinking they’re a vampire is much different than a dude thinking they’re a woman, eden, flint, dai…

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Silly people.

It’s long since they elimitated the disease that gave birth to the myth about vampires, yet people insist on keeping that myth alive. Everyone in this day and age should realize, and know, that all falls to the scythe of Death. [/b]

Which disease was that?

On another note, I’m glad there are people and sites out there like this. It gives me a group of people to mock, AND, it’s a source of jokes written FOR ME.

Yay.

Xenopigmentosis (XP) makes the body painfully sensitive to sunlight. Small amounts of direct sunlight (possibly indirect sunlight as well) can cause horrible radiation burns.

Porfiria is much worse. It’s indescribably horrible, but, as CSI fans know, you can use the blood of other people to sustain yourself and live a more-or-less normal life. For a murderer, I mean.

You people have no idea.

Those people ARE vampires because they think they are. Of course it’s psychological, but for them it’s real. That doesn’t make it less dangerous. Sure, for some kids it’s puberty- shit, it’s the same with the goth- spooky kid- stuff. They think it’s cool or whatever, but they grow out of it. Unfortunately, there’s this really serious thing called REAL vampires, and they -are- dangerous.
Being a vampire means living your whole life as one. It’s a whole philosophy. They don’t drink blood because it’s fun, but because they do need it to survive- of course their body doesn’t, but their mind does. If you keep saying that your leg hurts, suddenly it will. It’s the same principal. It’s the same with the blood- thing. Those people are ill.

You might not know it, because it’s not very public- but there are indeed many so-called vampire- murders; people are found hung and stabbed and often with less than 30% of their blood left. “Vampires” see normal “mortals” as prey, nothing more nothing less. And there’s enough underground organizations where they can lurk around. In the US they even have a capital; I think it’s San Diego but I’m not so sure about that.

In short: Kiddie- vampires are fine. But “real” vampires are insane and dangerous. As long as they think they exist- they actually do…