People in Minas Tirith protest against the War of the Ring!

http://www.strategypage.com/humor/default.asp?target=mordorwarprotest.htm

I don’t get it…

That’s fucking idiotic. From what I gather, it’s making a parallel to America’s war with Iraq.

It’d be a good parallel if… oh wait, it isn’t. Mordor is powerful, Iraq is not. Mordor was not under threat by a third neighbour. I could go on about how unrelated practically everything is, but I won’t.

Sounds like Tolkien is rolling over in his grave. This kind of stuff, using the Lord of the Rings as an analogy for real events, is exactly what he didn’t want. It’s not even funny either. I’m really sick of this stuff. The war is over, so now we either rebuild Iraq, or let them do it themselves.

Y’know what?

You guys read into stuff way too much =P

How are they reading into it? It’s a flat-out word for word joke about the war in Iraq. You don’t need to read into it when it’s staring you in the face.

All I get staring me in the face is a big ol’ 404. Sounds like I’m not missing anything worthwhile, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re missing an idiotic parallel that’s killing Tolkien again. Don’t worry.

Hahah, that is pretty funny actually. Elrond is a Balrog… lol.

The true story is more humourous than this. Bad place.

Strange, really, coz’ I missed the part about it being related to anything in Iraq.

Might’ve been because the page it was posted on actually has stuff like that… But oh well. I just find it to be funny satire. 'Nuff said.

I just liked that part about the protester with the sign that said “Elrond is a balrog”.

Funny satire? No, just bad satire.

reads

I want my two minutes back, darnit.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I’ve ever seen. I hate you Wertigon.

I BANISH YOUR SOUL TO THE ETERNAL PITS OF HELL! BURN FOR ALL ETERNITY! checks something Oh, right, you sold your soul for code knowledge. Sorry, but you’re already going to hell. Can’t do anything about it.

And this thing REALLY sucked. Tolkein deserves more respect than this.

If they’re going to make a crappy joke on the war that’s already over, they could at least not use LOTR or something good. Tolkien didn’t want this to happen

What’s with all of you Tolkein worshippers? You’re acting as if this joke ruined christmas or something.