opinions on the final fantasy series

I think he means THF’s who sneak attack, and dont get to hit the monster from behind. When i tank, i always announce “when i tank, i always face the mages”. Been in 4 parties, and only one of the thieves listened.

and then there was 10-2, which in my mind was utter crap (no offence to the fans). what was the point making a sequel, they’ve never done that in the past.

and also there’s 11. i’ve got no problem with the game itself but there was no need to call it Final Fantasy 11 if it wasn’t part of the main series. they could have just called it Final Fantasy Online or something.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, i kinda agree with the statement about x2, i didn’t get into that one at all, and i’ll also admit that 10 was a bit disappointing(but still fun to play) and true they could have named ff11 online, but x2 is the only true sequel to any ff game in existence(although there are similarities between the other ones) my fave was 4…5 is also cool cause you can class change(a la ff2 and tactics) i never played 8 either…wanted to…but i lost it when i got kicked out of my apartment less than a week after purchasing it some odd years back. never finished 9 either(same incident as 8). oh well, at least i can look forward to 12 and maybe i’ll play 8(for the first time) and 9 again real soon;p overall the ff series is great…best thing to do when there’s a bunch of drunk fux trying to hang out at your house and you want to make them leave. also great gameplay and storylines for the most part

[QUOTE=SquallStrife]i was just wondering, am i the only one here that thinks the final fantasy series has gone a bit down hill.

Its called evolution. Video games evolve just like anything else. Maybe you are getting old? My grandparents were freaked out when they heard Elvis for the first time. Same reaction from my parents when they heard some heavy metal bands. You might get the shock of a lifetime with FF12.

Be careful. Dont trip over your walker. Getting old? Thats exactely what i said to Squall S.

I think FF9 was a bit dissapointing. Sure, the character design was perfect (Amano rules) and the battle system had 4 fighters once again, but the music was extremely boring and repetive (which is pretty rare for a FF game). Yes, there were some good tracks, but overall the music was really bad.

i disagree. well, except that amano does rule.

That was completely unnecessary. Way to be a jerk, jerk.

I am one. Domo arigato.

Originally Posted by SquallStrife
a game’s a bit like a girl really

Hey, i am quoting you again. You got blasted for saying that, but i know what you mean.

I am. This is my story (Tidus stole this line from me):
My first RPG ever played was FF8 PC version. Before playing FF, i wasnt into video games at all, i had more fun scateboarding or shooting hoops with my buddys. The opening scene just took my breath away. I didnt expect a game look so “pretty”. Then the raid on Dollet. Wow! Those boats were realy cool. And the danse?! It was almost like watching a Pixar movie. I didnt care about game control, or how challenging the game was, or how to refine magic and items. I just wanted to know how the story ends and i craved the next CGI as soon as one ended.

A couple of years later i played FFX and FFX-2. Again, i have to say Wow! The games are just gorgeous. And again, i felt like i was watching a movie. In fact, if you take out all the random fights, those two games make a nice movie a la LOTR (thats exactely what i did, by taping the game on my VCR while playng).

Then i played FF7. I got it because many gamers consider it the best FF ever. Playing it felt kind of weird. It was like travelling back in time. I got spoiled by technologycaly superiour games. The story of FF7 is awesome. I love the characters of the game, i adore the lingo of the game even more - none of the FF games used a word “SHIT” but FF7 ( Barret, disc 1). But…
It looked plain to me.

When Squall Strife said : a game’s a bit like a girl really
I thought about my experience with FF games. Here is an ineresting analogy coming from a shallow male:
Imagine dating two gorgeouse women, the kind that every guy drools about, just looking at them you have an instant erection, they are so hot.
Then you date this nerdy girl, she wears black framed glasses, with lenses thick as a beer bottle botom, she never puts on makeup, her hair look like a wet mop and she always wears that ugly sweater with a cows head logo in front.
But what a personality! She is smart, funny, kind and you can talk for hours non stop you have so much in common. Oh, if only she would fix herself up…
Oh, if only FF7 would be rereleased with better grafics and voices…

P.S. Hey, Nancy, if you are reading this by any chance, i am not talking about you, i swear. I never dated a model. But that sweater…

I hate how in MOST final fantasy games, you have scenarios where 1 character has to do somthing by themselves (happens alot in FF6 & 7) yet, in FFXI, after level 15 (giving lots of leeway) you can’t really make any GOOD progress alone. unless you are the shitclass, err I mean Beastmaster.

Screw FFXI, I hate partying because my luck puts me with too many people who still (after level 30?!?!?!) dont know how to do thier jobs.

But I’m sure you all disagree so go ahead and say somthing smart.

I think most opinions have already been stated. But I’d like to add, the reason you never hear tidus’ name, is becuase in the beginning of the game, you can change it to something else. It’s really simple to figure out.

Uh… Weren’t some of the earlier/original Final Fantasies turn based? o_o; Or am I mistaken

They were but they were more like Breath of Fire turn based in which you tell the character what to do and order of attacks is determined by speed.

…nobody’s fault but your own.

I agree that in FFXI they force you to have to party at higher levels. They should make you able to solo after a certain point. And speaking from EXP, BST isnt as soloable as people say. Why do you think i’m a DRK now ?

Seifer, superficiality will get you nothing but empty. I like my women to have some mental substance… i’d trade every model for a chick that can kick my ass, or at least make me surrender grins