Omg Revive Aeris

Even though it’s been shot down more times than American’s space program, every damned week I see web sites/threads (not here, obviously)/message boards telling me some new way to bring back Aeris. This thread is dedicated to all those funnymen/morons who spread these rumours.

And here are some of the better/dumber ones:

Incomprehensible and seemingly-random button combinations when Aeris appears in the ending FMV

First revive Zack (without telling us HOW THIS IS DONE) and on Disc 4 take him to the Lake where she’s ‘buried’.

Complete the second, and only second, disc without taking a hit over 100hp, and she’s be alive (how you find her they NEVER SAID).

Get every single item in the game, complete every minigame perfectly, see every optional cutscene, and she’ll appear magically. Probably carried there by elves.

Hold out for three days when CLoud is giving Sephy the Black Materia in the ruins of that Temple and he won’t. Therefore Aeris doesn’t have to go to the City, etc.

And, my personal favorite, said by someone with obviously no knowledge or playing-time of FFVII whatsoever:

Steal the Masamune from Sephiroth, take it to the ruined reactor and use the Masamune, and you’ll have a weird dream sequence with her (apparently this must be done on Disc 2), and when you get to Disc 4 she’ll be waiting inside the Northern Crater (again where she is is UNSAID). This, however, can only be done in New Game+

There about a dozen more sitting in .txt files on my old HD somewhere. Bless these idiots, may they rest in pieces.

Actually, have you read the Changes FAQ by Kao Megura? Supposedly, Disc 3 wasn’t exactly completed, nor was the game. There was going to be a whole lot of extra things including the revival of Aeris, along with “damage floors” (like in FF4 and 5) and some other things. It’s an interesting read.

And to revive Aeris, you can GameShark her into your party, you know. Or Sephiroth, but he’s computer controlled and boring. 8P

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Actually, have you read the Changes FAQ by Kao Megura? Supposedly, Disc 3 wasn’t exactly completed, nor was the game. There was going to be a whole lot of extra things including the revival of Aeris, along with “damage floors” (like in FF4 and 5) and some other things. It’s an interesting read.

And to revive Aeris, you can GameShark her into your party, you know. Or Sephiroth, but he’s computer controlled and boring. 8P [/b]

Yeah, I’ve heard them. Don’t know whether I believe it or not. On one hand there are some things in the game The ill man in Midgar but on the other it just seems to trite an excuse.

What are damage floors? I don’t remember anything like that popping up in FF4, and I never finished FF5.

And yes, I also used the Gameshark. It’s pointless though, and it always crashes your system. By keeping the 'Shark switched on and moving Sephy one up, it’s possible to have TWO Sephy’s in your party. :smiley:

The ill guy in Midgar was just one of the failed clone experiments, I think.

Damage floors are, well, floors that you walk on and they damage you. In FF4 they were in the Sylph Cave and the Cave to the Phantom World. I don’t recall where they were in FF5 though.

Well, if you talk to the parents of the SOLDIER guy in Gongaga with both Aeries and Tifa (seperatly), then you get interesting reactions from both of them that lead to the belief that the man in the pipe is Zach. That and the hidden FMV in the Shinra Mansion basement puts Zach on the outskirts of Midgar with Cloud. If Cloud could survive being shot, why couldn’t Zach?

I’ve often heard that the game was not completed to the fullest extent, and that the game was rushed out the doors in the final stages, which cut out a lot of material. Whether or not this is true, I don’t know.

Omg Revive Aeris

Omg no

She should stay dead. Who would want to revive her in FF7, anywho?
In the words of Dave Chappelle:

“Yes they should die, and they should burn in Hell!”

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Well, if you talk to the parents of the SOLDIER guy in Gongaga with both Aeries and Tifa (seperatly), then you get interesting reactions from both of them that lead to the belief that the man in the pipe is Zach. That and the hidden FMV in the Shinra Mansion basement puts Zach on the outskirts of Midgar with Cloud. If Cloud could survive being shot, why couldn’t Zach?

I never made that connection to Zack until you posted this. I got the part about Aeris’ boyfriend having lived near Gongaga (sp?), but I didn’t think that way. Hmm.

There were, I admit, a couple of times I was bored enough to try a couple of these (mostly after I finished FF7 and was waiting for the then-just-announced FF8). There are a lot of items that just don’t seem to do anything at all in the game. Unfinished programming sections maybe?

Aeris CANNOT be revived for the following reason. She was the only person who could summon Holy. The way Holy is summoned is when a soul takes a prayer of dire need to the planet. How can a soul do this ? Through dying. That’s the only way to return to the planet. Once a soul is returned to the planet, they cannot be brought back. Now, a hypothesis of mine, is that once Aeris returned to the planet, her energy was used for Holy. In a sense, Aeris BECAME Holy. How could she save the planet form meteor if she was still alive ? Cloud and them saved the planet form Sephiroth and Jenova. Aeris saved the planet form Meteor.

Now, here is why Zack can’t be brought back. He was a normal human being. The reason Cloud can survive gunshot wounds and stuff was because he was souped up with Jenova and Mako. The documents in the Shinra Mansion say that one of the test subjects showed no reaction to the jenova injection or mako radiation. Since Zack was the noramal one, and Cloud was all “ooooo ahhhhhh”, it is safe to assume that Zack was uneffected by the experiments, thus making him mortal to lead poisoning.

Any questions ?

BL, the first bit is complete conjecture. It doesn’t say that anywhere in the game.

As for Zack being the guy in the Midgar pipe, yes it’s possible, but there isn’t any evidence for it.

If I remember that Shinra Mansion scene properly, Cloud wasn’t shot at all. He was a vegetable at that point (which is how Tifa found him before setting him up to work for AVALANCHE), and they didn’t even bother shooting him. That’s why he survived. Zack, though, was shot KAPUT.

Yeah, he did the whole holding-hands-in-air-NOOOOOOO scene in the flashback.

That’s one thing I liked about FF7, there were so many little optional character-pasts to find. FF7 rocked. I wish they’d remake it, even though it’d probably neevr happen.

Pretty much this entire post is one big spoiler

It is revealed in FF7 that the process to become a ‘soldier’ is actually the same as to create a ‘Sephiroth clone’, you just give high levels of controlled mako exposure and inject Jenova-cells and you’re done.

The difference between SOLDIER and a sephy clone is that SOLDIERs are selected because they have strong wills. Zak had a strong will, Cloud didn’t.

Judging from Vincent’s old girlfriend still being alive (and still appearing young even) it seems that Jenova cells either give you an untimely death or keep you alive through thick and thin, even when they shouldn’t.

Thus, Zak might be alive, and might be dead. Judging from his willpower, I’d say there’s a high probability that he is alive. (probably was in some hidden part of the ShinRa building that the party could never access, or some other secret lab)

In the library below in the ShinRa mansion when you are playing as Present-day Cloud, you might be able to find some books detailing two escaped persons… they are Zak and Cloud

That’s what we’ve been discussing until now. -_-

[spoiler]Anyway, being that Lucretia was Sephiroth’s mother, I don’t think she had quite the same amount of “Jenova radiation” as the others - she gave birth to Jenova’s baby. She was probably subject to much higher levels of it. So I don’t think that’s a proof that being injected with Jenova cells makes you immortal.

And after all, you fight dozens of SOLDIERs in regular battles; it’s not like they’re superhuman or anything. 8p[/spoiler]

Cid: Having replayed FF7 recently, I can assure you that Cloud was NOT shot on the ambush that killed Zack; the soldiers noticed his condition and assumed there was no need.

As for the man in the tube being Zack, I doubt it, there wasn’t any clue about it- and wouldn’t Cloud or Aeris have recognized him?

And guys, there is NO need to ressurect Aeris- SHE’S ALIVE!! (Or an extradimensional counterpart is, anyway. Check FF Tactics, or Kingdom Hearts.)

Beugenhagen tells the story about how a soul reaching the planet with dire need for Holy will summon it. Aeris is the only Soul who can communicate with the planet, so she had to die for holy to be summoned. Aeris knew this, why do you think she isolated herself in a way that allowed Sephiroth to kill her ?

I never ment to say that Cloud was shot, but he did survive form nasty falls. Lucrecia said something like “we dont die easily”. And it’s the Jenova cells in combination with Mako that makes a sephiroth clone. Just mako alone wont do, which is why Zack was just an ordinary member of Soldier, and not a sephiroth clone.

Depending on how you interpret the ending, it’s possible that she does get resurrected:

Aeris and RedXIII are the last of their species, but in the very last scene, RedXIII is seen with his children overlooking the ruins of Midgar. And Hojo did seem to think that it was possible Aeris and RedXIII to mate…

Hmmm… maybe we’ll find out the real story in FFVII-2

Originally posted by MrNuke999
Aeris and RedXIII are the last of their species, but in the very last scene, RedXIII is seen with his children overlooking the ruins of Midgar. And Hojo did seem to think that it was possible Aeris and RedXIII to mate…

Except that Aeris died and Red XIII was a d00d.

Hold it.

Im gonna go on modern based cloning for this theory ok?

A human egg was implanted with jenova dna/ equaliency and mixed with high lvs of Mako

and through in-vitro put in Lucretia, to be born.

Thats what i always thought.

I never thought that Lucretia was treated with Jenova, except that she had a baby that had it in him.

Another thing about the dude in the pipe . . . Didn’t he have a tatoo #2, meaning that he was one of the first subjects for the Sephiroth cloning experiment? This also backs up the thoughts that it could be Zack

Everything we’re talking about is supposition; there’s no evidence for any of it. BL: Nowhere does it say that someone has to die to summon Holy. I’m not sure where you got that from.

Cid, i get it from when Beugenhagen says “when a soul reaches the planet with dire need, Holy will be summoned.” Allthroughout the game, when a person dies(not just a person) it is said that they return to the planet. That’s where i derrive that a person has to die for Holy to be summoned.

To shoot down the tattoo theory, Cloud and Zack had no tattoo’s. Unless Hojo took Zack’s holey body and used it in some experiment, then tattooed it. But doubtful.