Omg Revive Aeris

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Cid, i get it from when Beugenhagen says “when a soul reaches the planet with dire need, Holy will be summoned.” Allthroughout the game, when a person dies(not just a person) it is said that they return to the planet. That’s where i derrive that a person has to die for Holy to be summoned.

I see your point, but ‘reaches’ could be interpreted in any number of ways. The Cetra were able to communicate with the Planet, so I always imagined that line just to mean communication, not completely returning to the Planet.

The hand that emerges from the Lifestream and pulls Cloud back from his battle with Sephiroth at the very end of the game is adorned with Aeris’ bracelet at the wrist and her theme music plays, I believe, at the time. Thus, in this ‘unfinished’ version of the game at least, it would make no sense to revive her in terms of plot continuity.

And as for Zack, he was shot dead - why can’t it just be accepted that he died? People can do that and not have to be revived, ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by LunarCry
And as for Zack, he was shot dead - why can’t it just be accepted that he died? People can do that and not have to be revived, ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

People have been brainwashed into believing the dead can come back to life through the evil medium of DBZ. :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer thinking that Square left it finished, and that all the other strange bits in the game is Hironobu fscking with our heads. :3

I’ve even toyed with the idea that Aeris prayed for Holy at the begining of the game, because the last shot of her at the end of the game is the same as the begining… But, i cant offer any hard evidence to back this theory up so it’s probably bogus.

Originally posted by MrNuke999
[b]Depending on how you interpret the ending, it’s possible that she does get resurrected:

Aeris and RedXIII are the last of their species, but in the very last scene, RedXIII is seen with his children overlooking the ruins of Midgar. And Hojo did seem to think that it was possible Aeris and RedXIII to mate…

Hmmm… maybe we’ll find out the real story in FFVII-2 [/b]

Hojo wanted to TRY. The game never said it was possible, and it wouldnt be anyways. Basically that scene was to advance the plot and show how twisted Hojo really is.

Originally posted by luke skywalker
[b]Hold it.

Im gonna go on modern based cloning for this theory ok?

A human egg was implanted with jenova dna/ equaliency and mixed with high lvs of Mako

and through in-vitro put in Lucretia, to be born.

Thats what i always thought.

I never thought that Lucretia was treated with Jenova, except that she had a baby that had it in him.[/b]

No, I believe Sephiroth was the forced product of Hojo and Lucretia. Basically he was created, and then the embryo or whatever was injected with cells, and then put inside Lucretia (whom was affected by the cells as well). I think this is where Sephiroth’s hate stems, for Hojo; because of this act. Vincent knew about it all along too.

It’s been awhile, so I can’t remember if Hojo directly “donated” his seed or not. But well, you need not a human egg, but an egg from a WOMAN to be fertilized, so yeah, well Hojo had to have something in that. Another act to show us how sick he is and to build him up as such a villain.

Let’s not forget the whole theory that, because of Vincent’s fling with Lucrecia, he’s Sephiroth’s father and not Hojo 9_9

Originally posted by LunarCry
Let’s not forget the whole theory that, because of Vincent’s fling with Lucrecia, he’s Sephiroth’s father and not Hojo 9_9

YOU PPL ARE STUPID!!!
Sephroth’s father wasnt hojo

it was professor gast. thats even said in the game
and i aggree on my revised thinking by Evangelion.

it probley was a normal baby then injected with jenova and mako.

i also though that vincent and Lucrecia were seeing each other, not flinging, i could be wrong, but its not clearly stated that they had a fling.

It most definitely wasn’t Professor Gast. O_o I dunno where you got that from. Gast was Aeris’ father, not Sephiroth’s.

Professer Ghast was Aeris father. Him and Ifalna ran off together, and just after Aeris birth, Ghast was kill by hojo and Aeris and Ifalna taken back to Midgar. I have noticed that times and dates dont line up in FF7. Sephiroth knew Ghast, but Hojo was the one who made Sephiroth, and Sephiroth scorned Hojo. Allthough it doesent CLEARLY state that Sephiroth is Vincent’s son, it can be surpmised that Vincent and Lucrecia were seeing eachother just before the experiment. It is my guess that that’s why Hojo had Vincent put to sleep, because he either a) didn’t want Vinnie to find out about the baby’s true parentage, or b) Vincent found out and was trying to stop him. If you wanna compare looks, Vincent and Sephiroth look alot alike.

edit: Cid, we posted at the same time, LOL.

Now, this might seem almost sensical, but bear with me, folks, okay?

Hojo wanted a son. He did it with Lucretia. Don’t you think he’d test to make sure that the baby was his?

Well that may be true, but wouldn’t it be a bit difficult to directly inject Sephiroth with Jenova cells? I know Lucretia was injected herself, but still wouldn’t it make sense to have Seph be a test tube baby or something, so he could be studied? And directly affected? And then put into the body, which would be supplemted by Jenova cells?

Im just raising discussion. This is the way I tend to think, because Hojo getting some seems unreasonable to me. No, not like that. Unless he raped Lucretia, though I dont think they hinted at that. But I dunno Hojo doesnt give off the impression that he’d directly put himself at risk or use himself as a tool to get what he wants. Which is why I don’t believe he had sex with Lucretia. it makes more sense that he, being a twisted mad scientist would give life to a baby through genetic engineering means.

…and he knew the baby was his. Wasnt it stated a couple times? The story kind of steered in that direction, even if it wasn’t said.

EDIT: Hehe I just read my last statements. I swear Im talking about Days of our Lives or something.

Originally posted by luke skywalker
YOU PPL ARE STUPID!!!
Sephroth’s father wasnt hojo

Well Hojo himself says that he is Sephiroth’s father. It’s confirmed if you use Vincent to fight him.

Originally posted by Evangelion
Hojo doesnt give off the impression that he’d directly put himself at risk or use himself as a tool to get what he wants.

He did inject himself with Jenova cells after all. He wanted to help his son.

Oh. Well that still doesnt determine whether he boinked Lucretia or not. I still figure Seph was created rather than concieved naturally, adding to the whole weirdness factor.

Back on the whole Zack in the pipe thing, I remember reading some of the books around the mansion, and I remember one clone being a success and one being a failure. Cloud was stated as a failure hence no number, he even pleads with Hojo for one. Since Zack and Cloud were being expiremented on at the same time, it stands that Zack would have been the first success. The guy in the pipe has a 1 tatoo. When I get some extra time I’ll go through the game later and compile what comcrete evidence I can.

Back to the whole Sephiroth thing.

Hojo was stated to be Sephiroth’s father on more than one occasion. Whether Sephiroth was a test tube baby or not, I have no clue, but I think it doesn’t really matter.

And BL, the reason Hojo did what he did to Vincent, was because he was getting in the way once he found out what Hojo had done to his love Lucretia. That was his nightmare being unable to stop what Hojo did to her.

PS: BL: And by the way, how do you figure that you and Cid posted at the same time? Take a closer look at you posting times!

Hmm…it really seemed like that the guy in the pipe was just a hint of forshadowing. I saw that part again about 3 or so months ago, and I remember Aeris saying something about the guy being found on the outskirts or in a dump or something. I think maybe he even changed his speech about that whole “Reunion” affair, which means he could have suffered the same fate of the people of Nibelheim. The main problem with this theory is, he would’ve been called to the Northern Crater…the Promised Land in Sephiroth and Shinra’s mind, mainly because the planet had to give so much Mako to the place to heal itself. It’s actually the place that nearly destroyed the planet…sorry, had to mention the irony of that. In a sense though, I suppose the Promised Land is whatever you want it to be, like, “…you just know, this is the Promised Land.”

Ahem But I’m getting off topic, look, Zack is dead. Lucretia has stayed alive all these years and still looks young because the amount of Jenova cell I think is more concentrated within her. Cloud and Zack were showered with Mako (and like Cid said, that doesn’t seem to do much accept change one’s eye color) and injected with a certain amount of Jenova cells. Obviously, it doesn’t affect people the same way, and Zack wasn’t acting like Cloud was anyway. He got shot down, to the ground, he’s dead. Jenova doesn’t grant eternal life, it’s not the sort of thing that can just revive people. It might’ve just affected Lucretia in a different manner than the others. Jenova’s power lies in illusion, but it also seems like it might be able to prolong life, not make it indefinite. Lucretia stated, “The will of Jenova won’t let me die.”

Why would Jenova will for Lucretia to live? I don’t know, but she certainly wouldn’t have a reason to keep Zack alive, he was shot numerous times. Then, even if Jenova could bring him back, why would she? It would interfere with her plans after all. The whole point of his death was to make it easy for her to manipulate Zack’s memories. If he stay’s alive, then he might come back or something. It doesn’t make sense.

I figure that me and Cid posted at the same time because when i started typing my reply to Luke, and when i finished and clicked Send, Cid’s message was there.

Sure, Hojo say’s he;s sephiroth’s father, and in a way, he kind of is right. Hojo did make Sephiroth the way he was, but that doesent mean Lucretia was sluttly enough bed him. Even in the name of science. Vincent is always talking about his “many sins” and his letting lucretia be harmed is only one, what could the others be ?

Well let’s think about that for a moment.

Before being turned into what he now is by Hojo, Vincent was a Turk. And like Cloud said Turks do all the dirty jobs for Shin-Ra. So working for them and doing whatever he had to do, was probably his sins.

I really need to fully play ff7 now. I also find it amazing that this started as a thread for phony ways to revive aeris and is now a slight debate about zack and sephiroth’s origin. really need to play this game.

I finally read the FFVII story at the Final Fantasy Compendium. It really cleared some things up for me. When I played the game I thought “WTF? This doesn’t make sense!” If you haven’t already I suggest all of you do the same.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I finally read the FFVII story at the Final Fantasy Compendium. It really cleared some things up for me. When I played the game I thought “WTF? This doesn’t make sense!” If you haven’t already I suggest all of you do the same.
HERE IT IS, because I know you guys are too lazy to go look for it.:thud: