OMFG!! *dies of excitment* Wii Launch Details Official...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- Oh wait, no.

God forbid the Wii gets criticised.

Could be worse. You could be forbidden to complain about the PS3… oh wait, Sony already thinks so :kissy:

Who in their right mind would complain about the PS3?

It’s so <i>funny</i>.

I think I like Rhaka’s arguments better[STRIKE], which takes precedence over actual logic on the Internet[/STRIKE].

At least it’s not the Phantom…

I’d be interested to see possibilities for future Wii bundles once more games are available.

Wee!

Too bad no one’s taking pre-orders on the system yet… -_-

More bad news, it seemes that starting June 2007 Nintendo will start charging to download the Opera web browser for the Wii. Apperently this is only been stated for the U.S., but it will be free before then.

Of course things can change between now and Wii’s launch, but really the only people who are going to care are those who were going to wait to get it next year after the price was going to drop.

However, both of the above statements would be irreilvent if at that time they drop the Wii’s overall price further than the increase from the browser.

You realize the Opera browser will cost 5 bucks, right?

Right?

yeah most likely… in any case, none of the pricing is out of proportion in my opinion (if you have a steady job you should be fine) :smiley:

If you have a steady job the PS3 is perfectly affordable. Hell, I’ve saved up more than enough for a Wii and a metric buttload of games. That still doesn’t change the fact that the price isn’t exactly the cheap alternative that’s been advertised.

Oh wah wah, Opera Browser is going to cost money. You have a god damn laptop, you don’t need to browse the interweb on your TV.

the only thing that’s overpriced about the wii are the extra controllers. I have no idea why people are bitching about everything else. The hexbox is four hundred fucking US dollars and the Piss3 is six hundred fucking dollars. I have no words to describe that.

Yeah jesus, I’m fine with the price of the wii itself (even with the usual EU markup), all the cost is sitting in the controllers.

Luckily Wii Play will take the sting out of that quite well, since I’m not getting any additional wiimotes for a good while after launch, and it comes with one.

lol hexbox and piss3. That’s right up there with M$ and Nintendon’t.

Nintendo deserves Nintendoh after what happened with the last 2 consoles -_-.

I’m not a fan of the next gen because they’re too expensive. I don’t care about wars and all that crap between companies. I care about getting a good value for a product and I find Sony’s behavior revolting. Its good to see that they’re honest about what they think though. The PS1 and PS2 hardware quality was garbage.

As for the controllers, its worth comparing the value of controllers from 1 console to another. How expensive are PS3 and 360 controllers ad how much more expensive are the Wii’s? Sure the Wii is pricey but peripherals tend to not come cheap anyway. I estimate its what, 10-20 bucks? (note I don’t know the actual cost).

In Britain at least most places are still selling wireless 360 controllers for £32.99- £3 more than a wiimote will cost (I imagine a similar situation in Europe and maybe NA too).

Thus my point.

360 controllers can also charge while plugged into the 360 and don’t require constantly buying AAA batteries. >.>