ok, what's the big deal about Harry Potter?

What was your point?

Muad dib would kick harry potter’s ass in the face!!!

That what you said was completely idiotic.

“He wasted 50 years of his life for a dumb book which I did not understand cause i am a IDIOT and it’s increased Fantasy to the most popular genre of a book and inspired people to wright their own good book”

That is my point, that was the STUPIDEST reason I’ve heard by anyone. Which was my point, now stay on the Thread topic please :noway:

Warren you are damn annoying :o

Dude, you’re retarded. I never said anything like that. I’ve read the Fellowship of the Ring and half of the Two Towers - all of which left me utterly bored. I understood everything going on perfectly. You’re only respnose is assuming that I’m stupid and can’t understand the books - which is way off base considering that this is the first time we’ve ever even spoken.

That entire line was fictitious - I never even said anything relative to that.

You’re starting to piss me off, now form actual logic or fuck off cuntbag.

Get a spoon and eat my ass, im outta here. …|… <(’.’)> …|…
and maybe you had no idea what the hell you were reading, jesus I would ask you who the hell Shelob was and youd come up with some gay ass american insult whatever man

Hahahahaha!

Oh yea - some gay ass american insult. There ya go, because insults are restricted to continents. Loser.

As far as who Shelob is, I don’t know, but then again, I can care less.

Like I said, I had every idea what I was reading, of the two of us, I’d assume you were the one who didn’t understand it.

Bloody hell I can summarize the story right now bizzach!

1.Gandalf arrives in Erabor (Hobbitland) to visit Bilbo for his 111 birthday. After the party, Bilbo talks with Gandalf at Bag End and surrenders the ring, leaving to go to Rivendell to stay with the Elves, leaving Frodo incharge of Bag End. After gandalf goes to the white city, browsing for information on the ring, he visits Frodo’s house to tell him that the ring belonged to Sauron the Dark lord and that Gandalf must see Saruman to discuss the counter on Sauron’s assault upon Middle-Earth. As Frodo was ordered to go to the inn of the Prancing Pony, he meets up with Aragorn Son of Arathorn to be saved by the Ring Wraiths which hunts the ring bearer.

After Aragorn leads them to the tower and finds runes which Gandalf left when he fought the Ring Wraiths. Then Aragorn encounters the Wraiths, where Frodo get’s stabbed amnd must be taken to Rivendell for elven medicine, which they succeded.

Then they discuss with the council that they must walk into mordor and destroy the ring, they they try to go through the snowy mountains but Saruman is guarding that, then they must go into the mines of moria where they encounter a orc battle and find themselves at the mercy of a balrog.

Then gandalf falls to the abyss with the Balrog, then Frodo and the group go to the forest of Lothlorien to rest and talk to the witch of forest, after that they go north of lothlorien to find themselves attacked by Uruk-Hai, where boromir dies.

2.Currently Reading T.T

Uh…cool, wanna cookie? I hate the book and even I can do that.

Ok, shut up, both of you.

Oh for gods’ sake, grow up, Maverick_Mech. You misinterpreted what Cless and then Sorc said and decided to continue on being an ass anyway, especially by putting words in Sorc’s mouth. I HAVE read LotR, and while the concept and the grand scale of the story appeals to me, Tolkien’s writing style is long-winded and too descriptive for my liking. For once, I prefer the movies to the books.

And take note of the ‘for my liking’ I threw in there. It’s called opinion. People have them, you know?

Anyway, back on topic. I’m not a fan of Harry Potter because I despise the amount of merchandise, media coverage and hype surrounding it. Say what you like, Rowling has pimped her story for all it’s worth. But, still, it has got children reading again, so she deserves a certain amount of praise just for that.

Maveric_Mech: To elaborate on what everyone is saying, you are a complete idiot. 8D

EDIT: And furthermore, I agree with Sorc on this one- LoTR is a boring series. I appreciate what it did for the genre, but I also appreciate that it has done a lot of BAD for the genre, too. Especially when people try to copy him. All. The. Time.

You people make me sick, like any book is better :hyperven:

He just wanted me to summarize it and I did. I proved to him that I do understand it and not as dumb as he is. So shut up all you of you :noway:

I’d prefer Anne McCaffrey and Terry Pratchett over Tolkien any day. It’s a matter of opinion. Just because you think LotR is the ‘best book in the world’ (and assuming you’ve read every single book in the world for comparison’s sake, of course), doesn’t mean everyone else has to like it. Likewise, just because I don’t like Harry Potter, doesn’t mean its crap.

The fact that I had to explain this makes me sick.

Well… you DID manage to misspell the 5 letters that were the first half of my board account name, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

My first post was entirely a counter for the generalization that Merlin gave for Harry Potter. My point was that everything can be summed up in that manner, and that once you read it and get into it, it may be something different.

It IS the best book ever written dammit, don’t you know anything?Like any book writters ever say “This good book is a pure work of art and is inspired by Tolkien’s woirk” Now can we stay on HP?

:wave:

Calm down. The legibility of your posts lower each time you make another post :stuck_out_tongue:

HARRY POTTER IS EVIL! IT MADE PEOPLE FIGHT! -_-… Fehhh…

Throwing in my two cents about two british books, LotR is more straightfoward IMO. Example : Intro - Plot - Point A - adventures, misadventures, etc. - Point B - The End.

Once upon a time
shit happened
and some people died too
and they all lived happily ever after

:ulty:

CLass post’s only make me :o

I haven’t really read all the posts on this thread, but feel as though I should express my opinion. I dislike Harry Potter, specially the movies (as I haven’t read any of the books and only saw the 1st movie), the story wasn’t good at all and the characters were extremelly annoying (dam that british accent).
All in all, harry potter is for the birds :stuck_out_tongue: :boring: