ok, Science has REALLY gone too far!!!

human/animal hybrid??

First it was cloning, now its science has gone to combining animals & humans???

Can I hit these people PLEASE?? p:unch::

Page doesn’t work for me.

ZOMG FURRIES!

it doesn’t??? strange, it works for me :thinking:

I already dislike scientific experiments on animals in general.

I just hope that no one will be foolish enough to release these chimerae into the wild and corrupt the natural world even more.

As long as they don’t find out about the clone army…I’ve said too much.

Read the article, they’re not creating furries it’s more about growing donor organs on in animals. Remember the ear grown in the petri dish?

And at Stanford University in California an experiment might be done later this year to create mice with human brains.

O.o

takes note not to adopt any lab mice >.>

Will my dream of catgirls finally be realized?

“What do you want to do tonight, Brain?”

“Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.”

Are you appalled at the fact they are doing them, or the fact is ‘sparked controversy’?

Cause really, science needs to stop having people with morals and ethics standing in it’s way.

:kissy:

What exactly is it that they’re doing here that’s immoral.

Crossbred animals are sterile.

Also, to correct my last post, I think this has more to do with studying cell signaling in human brains than replacement organ growth (Which is still part of it).

One step closer to developing lizard men. awesome.

Just think of the military applications!

[You can bet your sphincter somebody already has…]

Lets not get too upset. Chimerical humans have existed for years*, all we are doing is turing our weremen into werebeasts. Sure there is the question of whether or not it is right to create a creature that may or may not exist as a rabbit or as a human, but I think this only can turn out well. Honestly, its not like the government is going to try to make frog men for shoreline attacks, or start creating hawkmen to spy on us, or every anime fan is going to have his own sexy catgirl… damn, that last one would rock though.

*Chimera are simply embryos that fuse two distinctly different genetic lifeforms (fraternal twins) into one indistinguisable conglomerate being (a chimera). Its surprisingly like identical twins in reverse. Two sets of genetic makeup form one human body. This person exists as only one single individual, but interestingly enough has a chance to pass off both sets of genetic traits to different offspring. Just think of the Jerry Springer episodes that are being wasted by not capitalizing on Chimera

It won’t actually develop human animal hybrids for a lot of reasons you don’t want to know. I don’t see what your problem is. You can only make chimeric animals from embryonic stem cells of the same species. In fact, this is a step to make genetically engineered mice. Whether you like genetically engineered mice or not doesn’t matter. Their medical and scientific applications are extremely vast.

Before making stupid comments on the material, why not ask questions to get informed first?

Yeah, I was wondering what the problem here was. I mean, so long as they don’t turn them into the wild, and so long as the operations performed on humans are done on WILLING humans (be it furries or someone with a medical problem that needs some animal organ somehow), I fail to see anything wrong.

Edward Elric would be proud. GO TEAM SCIENCE!

Later this year he may conduct another experiment where the mice have 100 percent human brains. This would be done, he said, by injecting human neurons into the brains of embryonic mice.

This makes me think of Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes, the only Sci-Fi novel that made me cry:

There was even a white mouse named Algernon who outpaced Charlie in some ways. But a remarkable operation had been performed on Algernon, and now he was a genius among mice.
http://www.danielkeyesauthor.com/algernon.html

Ok, I was clear enough since Ionmage didn’t read my post. So I’ll be clearer :D.

<font size=“11”>THEY WON’T GROW INTO ACTUAL HYBRIDS IF THEY’RE NOT OF THE SAME SPECIES IF ITS MORE THAN JUST A FEW CELLS (which doesn’t matter)</font>