Of all the monsters in all the FFs I've played...

Those doors in FFIV.

I HATE THOSE GODDAMN DOORS!!!

A curse on square for concieving those damnable things! :fungah:

I think the most evil thing in Final Fantasy-dom that you have to fight goes to the Behemoth King in Final Fantasy X. Frigging Meteor.

I do both Emerald and Ruby Weapon every time I play FFVII, and every conceivable optional boss in FFVIII. I was never able to do squat with Ozma in IX, but I didn’t try too many times. It just didn’t seem worth it, and besides, I kept thinking to myself, “Ozma is the ruler of Oz, not a giant marble!” But I did do the Monster Arena thing in FFX. I captured ten of almost every monster in the game, and then I finally realized that I wasn’t going to get anything all that great for doing it. I did enjoy the items I got for completing the various portions of the Monster Arena quest, though, as they were very useful in customizing weapons before defeating Sin. I haven’t finished FFX-2 yet, though I am in Chapter 5. I haven’t really gotten to the optional boss stage at this point.

By the way, I just realized that Tara Strong, the girl who did the voice of Bubbles in The Powerpuff Girls Movie, the voice of Melody in The Little Mermaid II, the voice of the baby in Spirited Away, and the voice of Lena in Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, also provided the voice of Rikku in both FFX’s. I kept thinking I should recognize her voice, but couldn’t figure out why. Did everybody already know this, and I’m just slow? Or am I the only one who really cares, anyway? I’m always kind of interested in who does the voice acting in games and movies, especially as voice acting in console games is becoming so much more common. (I also recently learned that Mark Hamill did the voice of Emperor Griffon in Dark Cloud 2.)

Heh…one of few people who know that off the top of their heads.

Tara Strong has become one of the elite in a really short period of time…she’s been mainstream since about 98, and already she’s one of the highest paid voice actors on the market. There’s many voice actors I’ve researched over the years due to their unique voice talents: Phil LaMarr (Green Lantern [Justice League], Samurai Jack, Vamp [Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty]), Keith David (Goliath [Gargoyles], Spawn, the Navy: Accelerate Your Life commercials), and Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants, the Powerpuff Girls). I am an aspiring voice actor…that is why I know so much about the field.

Anyways, I just remembered that one of the skeletons from Final Fantasy Tactics was a bitch to fight. Can’t remember the proper name though.

The Emrald Weapon is extremely easy to beat as long as your not relying on magic. its Aire Tam Storm is actually Materia Storm spelled backwards.
0 materia equiped = 0 dmg
1 materia equiped = 1111 dmg
2 materia equiped = 2222 dmg
3 materia equiped = 3333 dmg
4 materia equiped = 4444 dmg
5 materia equiped = 5555 dmg
6 materia equiped = 6666 dmg
7 materia equiped = 7777 dmg
8 materia equiped = 8888 dmg
9 materia equiped = 9999 dmg
easy as that.
LIMIT BREAKS WORK WONDERS ON HIM