Of all the monsters in all the FFs I've played...

Originally posted by Born_Loser
I always hated Malbros…

You are not alone…

Can you just imagine Malbro’s saying “feed me” in that deep high pitched voice form that 1980’s movie ?

Also, in FF1, at the end of the game, i hated the way the souped up fiends appeared as(somewhat)random encounters. I ALWAYS drop my jaw when i fight Tiamat.

If by somewhat random, you mean 100% totally fixed.

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Can you just imagine Malbro’s saying “feed me” in that deep high pitched voice form that 1980’s movie ?

Ah, “Little Shop of Horrors” gave me nightmares when I was a little kid. Now that you mention it, “Aubrey II” does kinda look like a Marlboro. I’d alway thought of it being an overgrown pirana plant from Mario Brothers.

I believe I’ve never met a mob I thought was too hard except the one in FFIII, I think that one was Bahamut. Although I later found out why.

I’m not talking of FFVI the U.S. version.

Originally posted by Sohee
If by somewhat random, you mean 100% totally fixed.

Yeah, thats what i mean. But you dont know it;s 100% totally fixed untill you go through the dungeon at least twice, or someone tells you.

[Pierson] Durr I am not saving and underwater looking for Key Of Ancients
[Pierson] Hey what is it this large green thing chugging along?
[Pierson] * Pierson attacks
[Emerald Weapon] Rar
[Pierson] Blarg I am dead

Him, Ruby, Ozma and most of the other Uberbosses that honour dictates I have to kill to call myself a true FF[whatever] expert.

I was like that up till FF8. After that I gave up on beating the uber-monsters since the rewards were just not worth all the stupid level-building I needed. I never beat Ozma or the majority of the Monster Arena in FFX.

I did beat Trema in X-2 though. :sunglasses:

I always try to beat EVERY optional Boss in every game I play. Not for the rewards, for completion’s sake. But there have been a few FF Bosses I never beat (Omega, Ruby Weapon, Ozma, the Monster Arena) Oh well that gives me a reason to replay the games someday, I guess. ^^

I have been scared by few enemies. The only one I can thoink of is the sea serpent outside the viking base in ff3. If you accidently started battling it, you’d find out its invincible. It’d also be very strong and you couldn’t run away. if you didn’t save, your dead. And I didn’t think the behemoths were so hard. but I need to play it again.

LOL, i remember that monster. I spent hours leveling up to beat it that way because i hated shrinking my characters into midgets.

Pierson, cute sig.

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
But none of you shall ever beat… Dragon Grass!

Ahhhhh! Worst boss fight ever! Damnable respawning minions and their status ailment attacks.

Back when FF IV was known as FF II, two of my friends and I had nightmares about Golbez, laugh if you want, but I was seven and they were six.

laughs cause it wants to

Random enemies hardly scared me in the FF series . . . up until I ran into Malboro in FF8, I have yet to beat them fairly (fairly = without 100 St-Atk junctioned Deaths and a bunch of stuff junctioned to St-Def :P)

then again, those bad-breathed jerks don’t fight too fairly either, paralysing my party like that. I also heard that they’re BYATCHES in FFX as well.

And in response to Val’s original post: Behemoths are scary, but I found them a LOT less frightening compared to Wyvern (Dark Bahamut)

I thought the behemoths were creepy too. I also thought the large zombie-looking heads in the Lunar Core were extra-creepy. I wish I could remember what those were called.

According to the SNES translation, “EvilMask”. The patched version: “Phase”.

Is it just me, or does it bear a resemblance to Jim Carrey? It’s just me.

I’d say it’s just you . . . yea, definately just you :hahaha; =P

Those Meteor Goat things on FF9, apparently known as “Yan”…

shudders

Yans. Causers of many aggrivating situations since a) They’re so damn disturbingly cute, and b) They usually KILL YOU. Good thing I got Auto-Life from them and ran away >_>;