Obscure Games

I’ve played Deja Vu. Almost beat it, but…

The game messed up and wouldn’t let me discard my gun in the sewer, so I couldn;’ beat it.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
Oh yeah, anyone remember the Oregon Trail?

Yeah. I never did make it, though. Damn pnuemonia!

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
Oh yeah, anyone remember the Oregon Trail?

Hell yeah! I loved the Oregon Trail! I even made it all the way there once!

And by the way, has anyone else here played Snatcher? It was pretty cool (even though I’m not sure about how obscure it is).

Snatcher kicks arses.

Oregon Trail will forever hold a place in my heart…

And does anyone know the name of the game where you’re a monkey that uses balls to kill your enemies? It’s for the SNES…

Ooh, Oregon Trail! <.< We got to play that in comp class in elementary school. The best part of the day, besides recess!

Let’s see. I used to play some game for the SNES called “Utopia.” And there was one for Sega, I don’t remember what it was called… maybe Uncharted Waters or something. You could choose to be a pirate or a merchant… I always felt bad when I chose to be a pirate… >.>;;

That somehow reminds me of when I was five-six I was dead afraid of the witch in King Quest 2, back when I still had a Tandy 2K.

Seriously. I was.

Does anyone remember Columns on genesis? It has to be my favorite puzzle game. I still dig out the gen to play it every now and then.

I LOVED Columns! I had a copy of the Gamegear version…I used to kill HOURS playing that. :slight_smile:

Oh, and D’OH! ::doh:: I remembered some other game whitch I should have mentioned earlier.

Anyone here play Mischief Makers for the N64? That was a great game that didn’t get half the reconition it deserved.

Originally posted by Astral
." And there was one for Sega, I don’t remember what it was called… maybe Uncharted Waters or something. You could choose to be a pirate or a merchant… I always felt bad when I chose to be a pirate… >.>;;

I remember Uncharted Waters 2 for snes, that game rocked. I remember screwing around with trade for a day or two and making barely enough money to cover food, and then I became a pirate and suddenly I’ve got a whole fleet. The only problem with that game was dueling, the only way to raise it was from dueling but you couldn’t win a duel unless you had the best equipment. :\

Speaking of King’s Quest, I remember quite distincting now playing King’s Quest III with my friend (at the time) who lived (and still lives) next door. Your character was the slave of an evil wizard who lived in a tower atop a mountain. The first thing which you needed to do was get rid of the wizard so to escape. You needed to sneak into his quarters and steal his magical equipment. You also had to search about the house for spell components because the spells in that game required several different things before they could be cast. If the wizard caught you stealing, or if you did something which the wizard disliked, he incinerated you. I never was able to defeat the wizard or descend from the mountain (I kept falling off the cliffs to my death), but it was still a fun game.

Woah, this thread = nostalgia rush.

I remember Tom & Jerry AND Yoshi’s Cookie, Cala. Used to have them both. In fact… still have Yoshi’s Cookie for my NES that still works (boo yah).

Also have Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and the particularly rare Uninvited. All very fun games, cuz it’s so easy to get yourself killed in all of 'em even with the most innocuous choices.

“Move” to the “right”

“You’ve run into a hideous monster ghost that eats your soul. The End.”

“Take” the “spoon”

“You’ve unsealed an ancient demon that burns you to a pile of ashes! The end.”

In fact, there was a Game Boy Color re-release of Deja Vu with its even more obscure sequel, Lost in Las Vegas. GBA compatible. Yes.

Ironsword/Wizards and Warriors II. Yeah, I remember playing it. Don’t remember much about it, though. But I did play it once.

And geez, who hasn’t played Oregon Trail?

I havn’t. I played a little bit of a newer version, tho.

Originally posted by Sir Percival
Speaking of King’s Quest, I remember quite distincting now playing King’s Quest III with my friend (at the time) who lived (and still lives) next door. Your character was the slave of an evil wizard who lived in a tower atop a mountain. The first thing which you needed to do was get rid of the wizard so to escape. You needed to sneak into his quarters and steal his magical equipment. You also had to search about the house for spell components because the spells in that game required several different things before they could be cast. If the wizard caught you stealing, or if you did something which the wizard disliked, he incinerated you. I never was able to defeat the wizard or descend from the mountain (I kept falling off the cliffs to my death), but it was still a fun game.

Same here, brother.

I hate that wizard SO much! I’m glad he gets turned into a cat and has to run off to his older brother, Mordac, who gets his ass kicked in a duel with Graham.

I remember Uncharted Waters 2 for snes, that game rocked. I remember screwing around with trade for a day or two and making barely enough money to cover food, and then I became a pirate and suddenly I’ve got a whole fleet. The only problem with that game was dueling, the only way to raise it was from dueling but you couldn’t win a duel unless you had the best equipment. :\

I used to love screwing over the economies of various towns for my benefit. I’d have the price of gold in Madeira as low as it would go and then have the price of silver in Lubeck (which also affected the price of gold) as high as possible. the profits were obscene.

You can win duels without having good equip, you just have to not be on Ali or that one dutch guy’s scenario. Everyone else has enough dueling skill if you pick your fights carefully in the beginning.

GG Crono 4, do you remember your old high score? I got up to 25 million once after a 3 hour game. I found the rom of it yesterday and managed to pull off 400000, which ain’t to shabby since my sega’s rf switch died a year ago.

I dont think this is REALLY necroposting, and besides, this is a thread worth revived.

Anywho, there’s one NES game whitch I am KICKING myself for not mentioning: The old Chip 'n Dale game! I loved that game. I’ve beaten it god knows how many times, and I still love it. :slight_smile: