NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The story presented in most books is created by someone going through and outlining what happens, the major plot points, filling in details, filling in the major events of each chapter, rewritting other chapters when necessary to accomodate changes, before finishing and publishing the book.

With animation, it seems that they’ll get some major plot points together and the major characters, but then they’ll just write stuff as they go along. And then they’ll probably have a whole team of writers, so that doesn’t help at all. The result is inconsistent plot development and a lack of cohesiveness. Much of it ends up being filler, so it is possible to just skip to the end because how the characters got to that point won’t have really mattered. Everything at the end will be roughly the same as it was at the beginning.

This is probably true for some live action as well. Of course most live action stuff and some animation is plotted out beforehand, and the result is usually better story development where how the characters get to the end actually does matter.

I’m not even gonna call myself an otaku anymore. Most american otaku are noobs that are easily impressed and think they know everything. They also are dumb teenage nerds that haven’t experienced the outside world

Not that there’s anything wrong with teenagers

but the light, it burns us. We must not go out.

The hypocrisy. It burns us.

You’re the one that’s still a teenager

This can be true for certain cases, whereas it can be completely off for others. A big chunk of anime nowadays… pardon me, a big chunk of GOOD anime nowadays doesn’t let you skip more than one or two chapters if you have any hope of following the plot at all. And then there’s stuff like Boogiepop Phantom where you have to watch every single last second or you’ll never know what/how/when/where/why/who the futz is happening.

Inu Yasha is an extremely old-fashioned series with a stagnant development where the characters do the exact same thing for a number of episodes, something happens, and then do something else for an equal number of episodes until something else happens and so on and so forth. Just like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, [Insert any 80’s Big Robot Show], etc. It’s not really the writers’ fault or the length, that’s just how this kind of show goes. And if you read the manga, you’d know it’s not much better.

lol

Nice comeback, no comeback.

Vorpy, I suppose you’re talking more about longer running shows. There’s some anime that are pretty concise (like about 13 episodes or so) so they aren’t really long enough to have filler episodes. Of course, sometimes you’re just looking for something that’s fun, and the episodes don’t have to be about advancing the plot. Consider most sit-coms.

Reality struck me down when I turned 18. Don’t get me started. That’s when I ceased to be a nerd

Says mister “I don’t have a job but I attend a ‘japanese class’ and masturbate furiously to hentai.”
The irony of all of this is so painfully funny.

ARen’t you the one who advertised to get a free hentai key?

Reality struck me down when I was in a hypermanic state last winter and the year before. The psychologist found out I was bipolar. If I wasn’t medicated, I’d be in jail right now

I’m not the one claiming to be so mature and grown up.
Also, why did you remove the “i stopped beating off awhile ago” from your message? Was it another lie? :slight_smile:
Again, you’re the one that jumped at the offer less than 2 months ago.

“I’m not the one claiming to be so mature and grown up.”

I never said that. In my opinion, I’m no more OR less mature than the average 20 year old. Of course, I took a What Age Do You Act test and it said I act 28 years old, but that’s just a dumb survey

And I edited the “I stopped beating off awhile ago” line because it just didn’t have the punch of “You’re the one who advertised the hentai key”. Either way, I’ve changed a bit over the months

Then why point out that someone’s a teenager in response to them calling you out on your ironic choices, if not to put them down for being only 2 years younger than yourself? Inferring is possible when given good evidence.

Then why mention it if all? Unless you really do think it counts for something.

Why edit something because it “doesn’t have the punch” of something that I honestly don’t care about people knowing?
I can understand why you editted “I know lesbians that are younger” to “I know thesbians that are younger,” but why rid yourself of something useless for something else that’s useless?
The only change I’ve seen you make is that your attempts to be funny are more obvious, as well as just as horrible.

I never said anything ironic. I just said that otaku are an embarassment to the anime community and that I cease to identify myself as one

Why edit something because it “doesn’t have the punch” of something that I honestly don’t care about people knowing?

You’re the one who cared enough to say I “masturbate furiously to hentai”

The only change I’ve seen you make is that your attempts to be funny are more obvious, as well as just as horrible.

Maybe YOU’RE the one that needs to change

You’re completely missing the point.

I’m outta here.

Why don’t you read the edit, smartass

Maybe I should call you “ninja” because of you’re lame vanishing trick

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

:ulty:

Why don’t you write what you mean the first time instead of editing every post you make 5 minutes later, dumbass.

Maybe we should call you “Energizer Bunny”, because even after everyone else is sick of the stupid argument, you keep going and going…

Grow. The fuck. Up.