Non smoker breaking up with someone who smokes?

Holy SHIT, she can curse?

If she smokes she pokes

It’s true

Originally Posted by Walhalla
[i]What the fuck?! Can’t you make a decision on your own when it comes to women? Are you so incapable of figuring out whether or not what you’re thinking about makes any sense for yourself? Is a video games forum full of nerds really the place to ask these questions?

And you know what? You should just dump the bitch so you can feel better about going to the bars with the other one.

>.>;; [/i]

Nowww I see what that ‘Good Times’ thread’s up there for.

But to get back on topic you’re probably going to lose either way in this. Even if you aren’t able to get her to quit smoking just attempting to quit smoking usually forces the smoker onto another dependency (usually overeating). And while quitting is overall better for the smoker’s health, I haven’t met a former smoker who didn’t gain a least some weight afterwords. /mr insensitive

Ya or maybe SEX ADDICTION!!! or maybe even both. Don’t give up yet dude. Keep hangin’ on for the wild fatty nympho ride!

• NEVER, ever date a single mother

• Follow the “three strikes and your out” rule. Which means if she hasn’t put out in the first three dates, dump the bitch.

• Never pick up your phone Friday through Sunday. Screen all of your phone calls

• No cuddling after sex.

• Always wear a condom. Even if she is on birth control. No exceptions

• Never spend more than $40 on a date. And if she pays, thats even better

• Pick out the women with the lowest self esteem. The lower the better. Beautiful women normally have a very low self esteem

• Get in touch with your “inner A-hole”. Women are drawn to assholes. If your a nice guy, you won’t get laid. She’ll categorize you as her “friend”

• Women are attention whores and will do almost anything to get it. So keep that in mind when you see some woman dressed to kill

• Never have coffee or lunch with a woman unless you want to be “friends”.

• Women have no male friends. Every male a woman calls a friend wants to bang the living f*** out of her.

• Stay away from any women who says the words “All my friends are guys”. That is trouble and should be avoided at all costs

• If the woman you are dating stops putting out, Dump her

• Men, the reason why you are friends with a woman with the exception of having a past relationship with her…is that she doesn’t find you attractive. The truth hurts. Move on

• Men, the more confidence you show the better chances you have of getting the girl. Women smell a pussy a mile away and they can also smell confidence. Women are attracted to confidence almost more than anything else

• Don’t ever tell a woman you love HER.

• If your girlfriend is spending a lot of time with a “friend” of the opposite sex, dump her.

• Do not get married until you are at least 25 years of age

• Do not buy her flowers until the second year you are married

• Don’t do anything in the beginning of the relationship you wouldn’t normally do later in the relationship. Because her expectations of anything you do for her will cause you problems later

• Never hold her purse.

• Always become unavailable during the holidays. Never pick up the phone close to holiday seasons. Especially Valentine’s Day or Thanksgiving

• Do not go to a concert with a woman if she invites you. Especially if she has backstage passes or has a friend in the band she is going to see. It just means she is there to see and have sex with the other guy. She probably just used you for the ride there

• Never buy a woman a drink. It’s just another way of a woman getting something she wants for free while the man thinks she’s interested in him (applies outside of relationships)

• Eat before you go out on a date. Purpose is that a woman normally wouldn’t be caught dead eating more than her date. So this results in a lower costing date by the end of the evening. You tell her that you are trying to eat healthy

• Do not order a bottle of wine. And the reason you don’t when she asks is because you want to make sure you get her home safely. And to ensure this to the best of your ability, you don’t want to drink any alcohol.

• If your date picks up their cell phone, silently get up and drive off without them. If they wouldn’t give you the respect to pay attention to you on the date, you don’t give them the respect of driving them home

• Keep a bottle of hot sauce Every place you have sex (Bathroom, bedroom etc.) After you use the condom, put a few drops into the used condom and throw it away. This results in the “Burning of the cooch” if she tries to actually use the condom to nab you in a paternity suit.

She deserves a man who will go out in the freezing cold while she has a cigarette. The only kind of man man enough to do that is a man who smokes cigarettes. Do this for her.

Shh. Don’t shut him down. How am I supposed to go about feeling superior to others if they don’t air their dirty laundry in public?

… Can’t we all just get along? Reading this just makes me feel uneasy because I happen to be a frequent visitor of the friend zone.

It makes me feel rather comfortable in my role as a human door mat, which further lowers my self-esteem. This alone further makes me hold on to my “No assholery” principle, because “it would ruin my reputation” Who cares if I’m an eternal loser? At least I wield the virtues of kindness and compassion!

Which are worth a trip to the limbo, in the end.

Also, Charlie’s list makes sense, but I just can’t realize to grasp the majority of them.

ON TOPIC: I have several friends both male and female, who I frequently join in the smoking area just because the atmosphere there for discussion is much more open than the non-smoking premises… too bad it makes my clothing stink and given long enough, a headache.

If I were dating someone, and I found out they had asked an internet message board whether to break up with me or not, especially over something as minor as whether or not I smoked, I would be humiliated and furious.

If I were her, I’d probably break up with you.

Also, this:

Is absolutely spot on and is the Post Of The Year.

Breaking nicotine addiction is very difficult. You can’t understand if you haven’t gone through it. I smoked for 10 years, and quitting was 6 months of hell. After that it’s not so bad, however you have to understand there are NO exceptions, not even a drag. Otherwise you’ll most likely become addicted again.

OP: If you truly cared for your other you’d realize how difficult it is to quit and help her through education and support. If she doesn’t want to quit, and you can’t live with a smoker, then you should move on.

The nicotine withdrawal lasts several weeks. The rest of the addiction has nothing to do with nicotine. FYI.

I’m not arguing that, I watched my parents go through that kind of hell. I just can’t figure out why you’d START.

It’s not the nicotine withdrawal that is hell, it’s the mental addiction / cravings for nicotine…or the response to the nic.

Not everyone has your experiences and education about the habit when they start. Most people have no clue what they’re getting into. Fortunately awareness is continuing to improve.

I can’t say I wasn’t aware. I knew the risks, I was just really depressed, and it was a stimulant. I’m not an idiot, I just did a dumb thing. Then I modified my behavior accordingly, when I realized it wasn’t helping my condition any. It actually did help at first, but then it stabilized, causing me to crave more and more. Seeing where this logically led, I jumped off that train.

Of course, it didn’t hurt that a woman I loved talked some sense into me.

Carrots are healthier than cigarettes

[quote=“zeppeline,post:36,topic:20920”]

Carrots are healthier than cigarettes[/QUOTE]
Ahem, GAP…

Zep: 1. Not the same girl. 2. I’m never going to live that slip-up down, huh?

It’s not a deal breaker for me, but then again I probably wouldn’t start dating a person who smoked in the first place. The smell turns me off.
If you really can’t deal with it and you don’t think the relationship is worth keeping then may as well end it.

heh, parts of Charle’s list are spot on.

You took the words right out of my mind. I can understand maybe before we knew how harmful smoking was, but now, forget it. I just don’t see how taking nicotine, tar, and God knows how many other carcinogens, rolling them in paper, lighting it on fire, and inhaling the fumes could look appealing in any way. That doesn’t include the fact that it stinks, make you stink, and all the other side effects other than just the addiciton.

Basically, the only way I’d ever date someone who smoked it to make them quit. I’d have to be deeply in love first. Then I’d propose to her but she couldn’t have the ring until she quit. If she couldn’d do it, I’d move on. It’s just that disgusting to me.

My mom smoked since she was sixteen and she quit in her fortys so I don’t want to hear any excuse about how it’s so hard and cannot be done. Yeah, I’m sure there’s physical symptoms of the addiction and withdrawl but it’s really a test of you your self control.