New Dragon Warrior games, whats the dealio?

?

It always takes a million years before the next DW comes out. DW7 was already in the making and such when FF7 came out, but didn’t get released until a little before FF10. With 11 released, we are 2 FFs away from DW8’s release.:ah-ha!:

Wow, my typing has been bad these last couple of days.

Originally posted by Infonick
[b]It always takes a million years before the next DW comes out. DW7 was already in the making and such when FF7 came out, but didn’t get released until a little before FF10. With 11 released, we are 2 FFs away from DW8’s release.:ah-ha!:

Wow, my typing has been bad these last couple of days. [/b]
you’re are not making me thinking smart things.

looks around nervously Dragon Warrior sucks. runs like hell

Dragon’s Quest is old school rpg gameplay. I’ve only played DQ VI and it was really good. I heard 8 will come out soon. They are planning to remake DQV also.

Originally posted by d Galloway

Follows Galloway to the gates of hell

Come back here you sinner!

DW is so oldschool, they tore the school down!

puts on a fake beard and sits in a rocking chair

Well excuse me for being old fashioned!

Originally posted by d Galloway
If you’re not going to contribute to a discussion, don’t post. That’s called trolling and it’s rule 13.

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
DW is so oldschool, they tore the school down!

You deserve to die for that joke.

And am I the only person here never to play one of these? Are they worth playing?

Like I said their old school. If you like “old school” games than look into them. Their a popular series in Japan. Their good games IMO. If your looking for graphics and a battlesystem like Grandia…than it won’t appeal to you. Even the last game DQVII seemed old by todays standards. It looked like it could have played on the snes.

Actually, it’s Coach Z’s fault. He originally came up with it.

DW is definately worth playing. I played DW before FF and I have been fond of it and it’s sequels ever since. I am waiting with baited breath for DW8 and curse the fact that they didn’t remake DW4 (even though I have it on the NES).

Dammit, Yar, I was going to make that joke!!::dekar!::

Anyway: I can’t really judge the DW games, as I have only played DW7, and I never finished it (I was interrupted by my first seizure; in any case, I was getting bored, so I don’t think I would’ve finished it anyway.)

In any case, here’s my opinion on the game (limited and biased, but who knows, maybe it’ll be of some use to you people: )

Story: It was VERY Old School, as mentioned. The only innovation was that it involved Time Travel, and you effectively created new lands to explore by changing the past. But the bad part was that it was WAY TOO LONG. I played the game for 4 straight days and only got to about the middle of the story.

Play: My favorite part was that there were LOTS of Classes and Abilities to learn- even MONSTER classes, which seems to be a hallmark of the series. The bad part was that most of the Classes could only be gotten by reaching a combination of levels in other classes, and THEN traveling to a place to get them changed (ALA FF1). Cumbersome.

Graphics: VERY Old School. But I think that’s intentional, since the series uses character designs by the guy who made DragonBall (I kept waiting for Goku to show up!) But I Like DB, so that was not a problem to me- at least with the characters. The monsters looked TOO silly, especially those gumballs-with-eyes that are the Mascots of the series. :thud: Oh, and the battles were from a FIRST person perspective- meaning, you CANNOT see your characters when you fight. Poo.

(Note, I’ve seen the graphics for DW8 and they’re MUCH better!)

Despite everything, I must admit I DID have fun while playing DW7. Maybe I’ll finish it one of these days.

I notice that in every single DW game, there’s a monarch who’s been replaced by a monster, and you have to get that one mirror that shows the truth and then fight the monster.

That would be the Lar Mirror. Another long-running item in the series is the Final Key, which opens any door.

For some strage reason i never liked DW1-5,yet loved 6 and 7.I don’t know why,maybe it was the graphics,but that’s just me.

I cant wait for DWVIII

I’d love a remake of DWVI. I kinda wished they picked VI instead of V for the PS2 facelift.

DWVI had good graphics for it’s day. I still think the graphics are good. Now DW1-5 are not pretty to look at. Which is the best in the series for you?

Enix said maybe over a year ago they had plans for remaking VI too.