Neo Food of the Day

Raw carrots are where it’s at. Cooked are okay, especially if cooked in the juices of ham, but raw is best.

Raw carrots, yes. Discard the top and you’re set.

Carrots = Please.

Food #8:
Lamb

I enjoy lamb. Can’t cook it, but then again, I haven’t tried. It’s tender and has a nice taste to it. I was first exposed to it at a Brazilian gaucho restaurant in 04. I’ve had it a few times since then, and it’s been good each time.

Any suggestions on how to cook it? Actually, any suggestions on where to even purchase it? It’s not really stocked in regular grocery stores.

What kinda lamb? Roast or chops? Both are great. So tender. Even if they make my stomach complain like a bitch. :frowning:

It’s ok…I don’t really have an opinion on it, though. Not many lambs to eat around here from what I’ve seen. lol
It’s been forever since I’ve even had it.

Chops. I’ve had roast once or twice, but my exposure has been primarily chops.

I love lamb, especially in gyros. I wish I knew how to cook it, too. I briefly worked in the meat department in Price Chopper, so I can tell you they DO carry it in normal grocery stores. It can be expensive, though.

Vegetarian.

I can never remember if it’s rabbit or lamb I’ve had in the past. One of them I don’t like and the other I have never tried. I think it’s lamb that I’ve had. If it is, then I don’t like the weird after taste of it.

My grandma collects plushie lambs.

Lamb Of God kicks serious ass…

but anyway, lamb is good

Lamb = Never had it.

Lamb is traditional Easter food here.

Missed carrots, but they’re not really something that I really care about. I eat them when they’re around, but I don’t really care if there are none.

Lamb… I think I’ve eaten a sort of lamb-stew once. Was kinda disappointed. Not with the lamb, but that they said the stew was very strong (as in “are you absolutely sure you want this?”-kind of strong), then it wasn’t.
Can’t say much about the lamb, since I only ate it once, and the strong (but not THAT strong) spices made it taste like any other meat with lots of spices.

How can you not know how to cook lamb chops? Put oil in frying pan, fry until brown. Serve with potato type of your choice and salt/some other seasoning maybe pepper I dunno.

I didn’t know how to cook them because I didn’t know if there was a special doneness to cook them to. I know duck is supposed to be served medium rare. While it’s not a bird, I didn’t know if there were similar “requirements” for proper lamb.

You have to cook lamb a certain way or it can be real bad. I remember I thought I hated it for a long time until I had well-prepared lamb, back when I ate meat.

Food #9:
Brunswick Stew

Brunswick stew is a regional dish, originating in Brunswick, Georgia (Brunswick County, Virginia can go fuck itself). It’s traditionally made with game meat like squirrels or whatever. Nowadays, it’s usually a mix of chicken, beef, and other numnums. I have a pretty good recipe. It’s on the hot side, but I like my Brunswick stew hot.

What’s in it besides meat? If you have a good recipe, you should share it.