Neo Food of the Day

Originally Posted by The 984
No no no. You should have said A-MAIZE-Ing.

Crap! I can’t believe I made that mis-steak. :frowning:

Yeah, it’s enough to want to beet you up.

As for today’s food. I haven’t tried tomato soup, so I really can’t say whether I like it or not.

There are better kinds of soup, arguably.

Potato soup > Tomato soup.

Food #6:
Oatmeal

I’ve never liked plain oatmeal that I then had to spice up myself. Only kind I’ll eat is the Quaker raisins and spice variety.

Tomato soup is nasty. I enjoy a nice hot bowl of oatmeal LUST, though.

Oatmeal’s good some mornings, when all I want to do is have something inside my stomach and that’s all. Mix with milk and sugar to cool and sweeten it and it goes down good.

Someone I work with eats maple syrup oatmeal in the mornings, and it fools me into thinking there are waffles in the building… sigh

(I missed olive oil - mix that with balsamic vinegar, and you’ll have one awesome bread dip.)

I don’t like tomato soup most days. But some days I suddenly have a great desire for a bowl.

As for oatmeal, I do so enjoy it. I had spice oatmeal the other day and it was delicious.

Oatmeal = Haven’t had it in years (and even when I did it was only the Maple Brown Sugar flavor).

Originally Posted by Cavelcade
Potato soup > Tomato soup.

(Potato soup > Tomato soup) < Duck Soup.

I won’t eat oatmeal, no matter what’s in it. It’s not the taste that bothers me so much as the texture.

Can someone explain to me more precisely what oatmeal is?
I’m not completely sure whether I’ve eaten it or not.

I think I have, if it is what I think it is…

You know what porridge is, poke? That’s oatmeal. Not sure if that helps but it’s what it’s known as in Ireland, so I figured it might.

Also; duck soup sounds weird.

Food #7:
Carrots

I’m not a big carrot fan. I can eat a bit of them, but I’ve never been a big carrot fan. When I do eat them, I prefer them in the generally steamed variety.

I like cooked carrots; the raw ones just don’t appeal to me. Put carrots in soup, cook them with a roast, steam them, stir-fry them, I’m all about cooked carrots. They didn’t help my eyesight, though. :frowning:

If you eat five carrots a day, you will be fitter, stronger, more productive! This AND MORE with the help of my patent pending program!

Carrots are a good name for a DBZ villain. They are not a similmarly enjoyable food.

I LOVE CARROTS! Excellent snacking food. Way better than chips, that’s for sure. I like them raw, but steamed/boiled/whatever with dinner is always good too.
I like to bring them to school and snack on them.

And damn, I can’t believe I missed oatmeal. Oatmeal is my favourite breakfast choice. It’s just so… wholesome.

Another carrot-lover here. I eat 'em raw with catalina or French dressing all the time and I like 'em in soups and salads.

Oddly, I’m not all that crazy about carrot cake.

I like raw carrots. I like to peel them and eat them whenever I can. I don’t much care for shredded carrots because they are too hard to eat. I also don’t like cooked carrots much because they lose the wonderful carrot crispness and flavor.

I also love carrot cake. ^^