need help with ff7

i need to find my materia. yuffie stole them… and i cant find them! where are they? HELP!!! :hyperven: :hyperven: :hyperven:

they are further up the land in the town of wutai or whatever. you go through a quite annoying quest to get them back. Its pretty straight foward though.

i did get there… and i can´t leave, i’ve searched EVERYWHERE, and found yuffie twice, but no materia…

Go to the house near the entrance to Wutai. Yuffie’s hiding behind a screen there.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Go to the house near the entrance to Wutai. Yuffie’s hiding behind a screen there.

she’s not there… i found her there and in the pot thing just awhile ago though… to be be more specific;; i went into her house already. and she just said that i’ll have to find them myself :hyperven: so what do i do?

thanks for the help…

Oh, well then, head to the screen before the Pagoda, and look to the left. There should be an open gate there.

ok. thanks again for the help :smiley:

Welcome.

IIRC you also need to bang a gong- that’s the bit I had trouble with first time, not knowing what to do. After that it’s a pretty straightforward boss fight, can be tough below about level 23-25, though (never go to Wutai on the first disc, it just ain’t worth it).

Originally posted by Neb
IIRC you also need to bang a gong- that’s the bit I had trouble with first time, not knowing what to do. After that it’s a pretty straightforward boss fight, can be tough below about level 23-25, though (never go to Wutai on the first disc, it just ain’t worth it).

Bah, pansy! I always went there the first chance I got! I needed the Magic Hammer and Death Force Enemy Skills.

I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: I always go later on so I can do the pagoda challenge at the same time and get it over and done with (not to mention the fire caverns)- the last time I played through, I left it a bit too late, though, and beat the first 3 without getting hit once, and only lost, like, 25% energy against the final boss :S :wink:

i usually go to wutai first chance i get, i need the weapons they sell there, not to mention the nifty magic hammer skill i can get around there!!! i leave the pagoda climbing for later on though

I always did that sidequest before I went to the temple…it’s pretty easy at that stage and the weapons and armour you get help you when you get back to the game’s original track…just gets you well prepared that’s all…

That side quest annoyed the hell outta me. Fighting with no summons or magic in a place with more difficult enemies than I’d enountered before was just…gah.

What you’ve done is put yourself into the Wutai Sidequest; which involves the Pagoda challenge, 5 consecutive and progressivly more difficult fights against people, and you meet up with Don Corneo again as he steals more women and flies up the mountain.

It kinda sucks because you have rearranged all your materia again :\

You dont need to fight your way up to Yuffie’s father at this point in time.It’s optional.

I have tried and it is possible to get to and beat Yuffie’s dad, when you first go there, but it is a bit troicky, you need the perfect materia combination, for each battle. Then it’s just a matter of hitting them harder then they hit you:enguard: p:unch:::fungah:

Me too.I always did it right after I got my materia back, but you dont need to.All you need to do is just use are a couple of items that contain Bio 2 and it becomes pretty easy.

I beat the first level of the pagoda after the Wutai sidequest, then went back in disk two, which made it easier cause I was more levelled up.

I would link you to the FFVII shrine, but it totally sucks and the grammar looks like Alwyn designed it.

It’s easy to get confused with the Yuffie side quest, but with the advice everyone gave you, you should be fine.