Narnia

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1163929,00.html

What’s next, Dragonlance?

I think that’d be interesting to see. I read the series when I was younger, and of course I adored TLTW&TW…I’d probably enjoy those more than LOTR actually.

This is silly. Narnia was already made into a mini-series on… PBS, I think it was. Do people need to capitalize on everything? ;p

I got as far as Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and then for some reason I never read onwards. I still still remember passages from them all though. Memory of a strange thing…

I think Disney may be onto a winner with this one. The Naria books were some of the first books I ever read, rather than having them read TO me, so they have that childhood-nostalgia thing for me, as I’m sure they do for a lot of people. ;;>_>

Oh, and-

Originally posted by Astral
This is silly. Narnia was already made into a mini-series on… PBS, I think it was. Do people need to capitalize on everything? ;p

apparently so.

I fucking hated Chronicles of Narnia

fuck, since lord of the rings did well, every book series is being made into a movie >.<

Yeah, I remember liking that stuff … but, really, there already is at least TWO movies of “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” …

Yes it was already a series, I remember that. Stupid disney trying to make money.

Morons. The first book was The Magician’s Nephew, why do they think Wardrobe was the first… I wonder did they even read the books?

I’m not going to complain, with the way Lord of the Rings turned out. I thought the books were decent, and I hope Disney does a good job with the series.

Xwing1056

Edit, in reply to the post before mine: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was written first, even though it’s not chronologically first. That might be their reasoning.

This is why i’m getting out!

Originally posted by Dominic Deegan
Morons. The first book was The Magician’s Nephew, why do they think Wardrobe was the first… I wonder did they even read the books?

That was the most popular book of the series. It makes sense to start out with that tale, since most are familiar with it, even if they haven’t read the other 6 (?) books.

Yeah, there were seven.

And LotR movies didn’t start off from the Hobbit, did they? And yes I know they’re not the same thing and I’ll be over THERE. ;;>_>

In the order of the writing of the books, The Magician’s Wardrobe came sixth. In the box set (which I have), it’s number 6.

There was a miniseries, but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t put out by Disney; it was BBC or some other British company. And it was pretty crappy quality. There was an animated movie as well, but that only covered the first book (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe); and it was also pretty bad animation. I think being the classic it is, it does deserve better quality treatment. Not everything is a “sellout” all the time.

However… I’m really not sure the Narnia books lend themselves to movies. They have more of a homey, childlike feeling; they really won’t do well as big blockbusters. They’re not epics. If Disney wants to hype them like that, they’ll be doing themselves a disservice.

Ah yes, the Narnia books… I remember “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe”… I really liked the BBC movie of it when I was little.

Well, I can’t really say that I think this is a bad idea… at least not yet. I’ll have to wait and see how well Disney does with this movie first.

The books first came out in one order. They got re-released and the order of the books changed. Which would the movies follow? (not really asking)

I think I’d heard rumors about this a while ago. I really enjoyed the books and I’m anxious as to how they will transition to movies done by Disney. I suppose I could go read the series again, it has been many years since I’ve done so.

Come, now. You know what the answer to that question is… :smiley:

Hopefully they’ll at least do a good job with it, and it won’t come off as some half assed “let’s cash in!” thing.

I remember seeing the animated movie when I was a kid. I loved it. ;-;

Disney should just leave the series alone.

Originally posted by Steve
fuck, since lord of the rings did well, every book series is being made into a movie >.<

It would be interseiting to see then do discworld (all of them?)

I enjoyed the Chronicals of Narnia, long time since i read them though, the BBC movie of TLTW&TW was pretty crappy though.