Narnia

Discworld would never, ever make a good movie. It has no epic appeal at all, the jokes would go right above the heads of most people, and since Terry Pratchett is still alive and definitely not interested in his work being capitalized on, I doubt it’ll ever happen.

Besides, the humour in Discworld is at least half based on the style of diction, which you just can’t put into a movie.

Originally posted by vyse the legend
[b]It would be interseiting to see then do discworld (all of them?)

I enjoyed the Chronicals of Narnia, long time since i read them though, the BBC movie of TLTW&TW was pretty crappy though. [/b]

I mentioned the book series thing because my personal favorite book series (The Runelords) is being made into a movie series as well.

And LotR movies didn’t start off from the Hobbit, did they?
Actually, i think there is a “The hobbit” movie that came out before the trilogy.

There was a Hobbit movie, albeit a very bad one. It was either animated or was claymation. Pretty bad either way.

I gotta agree with Cid; the books aren’t exactly the type to be made into movies. I don’t think they’ll be too good.

There were actually three movies based on the LOTR books.

Rankin-Bass (same guys who did The Last Unicorn) put out movies based on both The Hobbit and Return of the King. Both had pretty crappy animation; The Hobbit concentrated more on including all the songs from the book than having quality dialogue etc. 8p I never actually saw RotK. I personally have fond memories of The Hobbit, but it could definitely have been done much better.

Ralph Bakshi also put out a movie called Lord of the Rings: Part One, which covered up to the fight at Helm’s Deep. It was a combination of animation and some live action (e.g. for the orcs), which was a truly weird effect. Interestingly enough, Peter S. Beagle, writer of The Last Unicorn, wrote the screenplay for this movie. :sunglasses: I also have some very nice memories of it, but lots of people dislike it. It didn’t do well enough to warrant a Part Two.