My Thoughts on FFX-2 (mild spoilers)

Forget about “easily”… if you don’t use Cat Nip, it’s more or less impossible to beat those sub-bosses.

I love this game so much, I am willing to shrine it :smiley:

You’re nuts. 8p This game is frickin’ huge. Say goodbye to your free time for a year or two.

Cid, I got loads of free time :stuck_out_tongue:

NB, all I’m going to say is… GOOD LUCK. Shrining is NOT easy; even if you have the info from FAQs, it’s still quite an ordeal.

Steve, a 200 dollar leather jacket, or a 50 dollar game… tough call. Get the game now, and the jacket after christmas ! or vice versa. What kind of leather jacket ? i have a Wilsons biker jacket. It’s a little big for me, but i refer to it as my “armor”.

And yes, Yuna has changed a little. She’s been around Rikku too long ! I mean, “ohh poopie!” gimme a break ! I like it though, the ATB not giving me time to make my menu selections kills me though. Something i am having trouble with is learnign the abilities. I dont know how i am learning them, just that i am. This game has totally halted my fanfic writing, LOL.

God, I feel spoiled.
My grandma just said she’d buy me the leather jacket, but still give me the $100 she originally planned on giving me. :\

Being a girl myself, I have very conflicting feelings. I’m a collector type of person, thus my love for treasure chests and Pokémon… Yet I’m horrified by the thought of pop music and the blatant fanservice (yuck, some of the costumes are just hideous. That, and LeBlanc qualifies with Jenova as the most grotesque looking female enemy).

But yet again, the Mascot and and Trainer classes look really appealing…and I love collecting stuff…I have an iffy relationship with FFX, loving the item collecting, yet hating the impossibly strong super enemies and long cutscenes…

I’m a girl, and so the biggest issue to me is the fanservice. Just how bad is the fanservice, may I ask, Cidolfas?

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
NB, all I’m going to say is… GOOD LUCK. Shrining is NOT easy; even if you have the info from FAQs, it’s still quite an ordeal.

Why did you quote Dalton, ahhkeeyu?

That was a pretty useless post :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, i think that Lablanc chick is hot ! Whats wrong with her ? she doesent have any dreadlocks or anything…

Hmm… I can’t seem to find the Lady Luck Dressphere.

Can anyone tell me how to get it?

Y’know, there’s something called GameFAQs that can help you find everything you need on FFX-2.

Don’t mean to advertise, just pointing out an incredibly good place to look for information.

This is also an FF forum where new fans and gamers of FF X-2 can discuss and ask each other questions.

It’s a lot better help to hear it from someone that’s playing it too. I dont like FAQ’s… I just recently discovered the diffrent abilities Garmet Grids have, LOL. How do you use the special dresspheres ? Like, i just got Machina Maw for Rikku, and i dont know how to use it.

Lady Luck: You can get it in Luca, by beating the Sphere Break tournament. It’s an awesome dressphere, btw.

Using special spheres: You have to transform into every dressphere on your grid during one battle. After that, hit L1, then R1 to switch to your special dressphere. The last garment grid in the list (the one with only two slots) is the best to use if you want to use your special dressphere a lot.

Ket Shi: I’m not 100% sure what you mean by fanservice. If you mean oversexed shots and whatnot, there really isn’t all that much (you get used to Rikku’s default dress pretty quickly, and I’d say about half of the costumes are unnecessarily revealing, while the other half are pragmatic). There are two particular scenes that are a bit too blatant for me, but it’s nothing huge. The one thing to remember is that Spira is a tropical setting, where nearly every male and female wear clothes that would seem a bit too much on Earth in any case.

There are several scenes featuring Yuna singing/dancing, but most of the game doesn’t revolve around that.

If you’re really worried about it, give the game a rental and play at least through the first two chapters. If you don’t like what you see, just return it. :sunglasses:

Yeah, the chocobo music sounds like what would be playing on one of those black comedy movies(cant think of a better way of describing them). hip hop in a Final Fantasy… what next ?

I still like it though. Hot Springs, hehehehehe. I;d have never thought that about the special spheres though. I figured you’d have to master, or collect all the dresspheres in the game before you could use them. Or you’d have to unlock them, like the legendary weapons in 10.

How do you learn enemy skills with Gun Mage ?

The tropical climate is a good reason for such revealing clothes. At least for the commonfolk. You notice the Yevonites are overdressed, as monks/priests are. I HATE the voice of Callie. That scratchy raspy noise makes me wanna take a drill to my head. Paine’s pretty cool though. Sure she isnt Auron’s daughter ? She acts like it.

Does anyone else make up dirty rhymes to make fun of Nooj ? what a stooge. unlike scrooge, he’s a total spooge.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Lady Luck: You can get it in Luca, by beating the Sphere Break tournament. It’s an awesome dressphere, btw.

Oh, fudge. I lost to Shinra. I know this was the case for a couple other dress spheres if you didn’t get them in a particular spot, but is there another place I can pick Lady Luck up?

Chapter 5, Luca in the Aurochs locker Room. Challenge Shinra.

Beware, it’s harder now.

For Gun Mage: Just have the enemy use the skill on you. It has to hit you, but you don’t have to survive it.

Yes, that means that for stuff like White Wind, you have to confuse the enemy and just wait around for a while. 8p