Movies in 2008

In case anyone still cares, here are some real pics of what the Cloverfield monster looks like. The movies already been screened and some of the fans who saw it have drawn pictures:

warning: spoiler

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/cloverfield-update-fans-draw-the-cloverfield-monster.php

(yes, my life really is boring to the point where I’m interested in this :P)

Damn! There goes twenty bucks. >_<

So the monster is basically an ape/lizard with two smaller extra arms? Those drawings are too different between each other for a definite look. Besides they are fan-made so even if they swear they saw a preview I won’t consider them correct yet.

Meet the Spartans is basically Epic Movie 2. If you didn’t know it was real, I assume Puerto Rico has been spared from the deluge of trailers for it. Comes out the 25th.

I haven’t seen or heard anything about this movie, so no, I guess it’s not getting any hype here yet (outside theaters I mean.) That’s not unusual here with small, poor quality productions like “Epic Movie”.

Sweet, Cloverfield comes out Friday. I’m going to check that out sometime this month. I’m going to leave it all a surprise. All I know is that you do get to see the monster in a couple scenes (actual shots of it on news broadcasts), which makes me happy.

Yes, the entire management staff here’s really looking forward to having to kick out 30 more kids for playing freakin’ Marco Polo in a theater for our inevitably packed showings of Cloverfield.

I screen the movie tomorrow; maybe. I guess I’ll say what I thought of it. As you can tell, I’m not as enthused as everyone else. Would rather see There Will Be Blood or I Am Legend but, ah well.

What the- Cloverfield hasn’t opened yet and there’s ALREADY a Manga about it!?!

It’s online only and in Japanese, and it seems to have nothing to do with the movie so far… could it be a tie-in/side story? :thinking:

One thing is sure, it’s a clever way to cross-market the concept.

Ah! So there is still a chance for Gorjira to appear in the movie. I might be able to get those 20 dollars back.

I know I’m a little late coming in this thread and I don’t mean to take it off it’s current topic of discussion, but I have to say I’m really looking forward to Get Smart. I grew up loving the show, staying up late on school nights just to watch it on Nick at Nite. Oh, those were good times…I’m getting nostalgic again.

Oh, and I was so waiting for the sequel to Batman Begins. I hope it’s as great as the first.

Bahamut: Count me as a get Smart fan as well. And I saw it in Spanish! :hahaha;

But I dunno if Carrell can carry the Maxwell role with the same gusto that Adams did. Anyone can play an idiot. But playing a self-assured idiot (and still looking cool!) THAT takes talent . :smiley:

As for Dark Knight, if you want a (possible) spoiler, read this:

It’s about The Joker being hired to take down Batman, but it’s a certain D.A .who will be scarred instead, which probably means that the next movie will feature Two-Face.

Just a rumor, mind, but I don’t want Trill bitch-slapping me again. :stuck_out_tongue:

And here’s another movie coming out soon… I mention it here because I’m a completist, but damn I hate the premise… in fact I won’t even describe it. Check it out yourselves on Wikipedia:

“Teeth” :eek:

Teeth:

This movie makes the word “Beaver” about ten times funnier. O_o

Not a chance. I doubt Toho would let an American company mess up their monster again after the whole 1998 incident. Not to say Cloverfield would mess it up, but it’s not going to be Godzilla.

Well, I saw Cloverfield, here are some of my impresssions:

As far as what the monster looked like:

it was clearly influenced by the Tyrant from Resident Evil

As far as the movie itself:

I was a little disappointed because it was so much a copy of Spielberg’s War of the Worlds, especially how it played on people’s fear of urban disasters after 9/11. the scenes with the monster were suspensful at first, but they gradually lost their power as the monster was shown more and more. The other main problem with the movie is how melodramatic it was. I know that the director probably wanted to show the humanistic element of what an attack by a monster would be like, but they overdid it IMO. After awhile the monster scenes became boring, and the character development scenes were boring from the beginning. The movie goes on and on and on

It takes a lot to make me interested in a movie these days, sadly, though I do tend to enjoy those my friends drag me to. I’m sure I’ll be a sucker and go see the World of Warcraft movie next year though, even if I’ll be screaming bloody murder when they doubtlessly turn the Horde into the villains.