Matters get worse for Chris-chris

Yes. He’s a drinker and hes always been like this. I’ve just kept it inside but after all that I’ve been through in life… I really want him to be there, be proud of me instead of all this ‘uh-huh’ and ‘thats good’ or ‘yes’ crap. we never hold any conversations together, though, alll we ever talked about was about the past war(s) the U.S has had.

He rather play his damn (excuse my french) video game.:fungah: Then go be there for me and watch me recive something that only comes once in a life time…:fungah:

Thank you. I’m going to take Sin’s words to thought.

I couldn’t agree more with that statement, Manus.

That kind of think makes me furious. What kind of degenerate parent would do such a thing?! When I hear about such inexcusable behavior, I wish I could be there and do something about it! No parent has the right to treat his children like that! I hate people who despise their kin! If it was me, I’d kill my feelings for such a person and erase him from my mind, as if he had never existed. I would renounce him!

Yes Manus, you’re right there!Unfortunately some people can’t acknowledge the pain they’re using.Chris, I’ve seen relationships get destroyed by alcohol, and it’s a damn shame.How does your mother factor into all of this?At least you can vent here.

ETA:Lots of parents are like that Manus.But it’s a lot different, because it’s a parent.You can’t exactly escape them, sometimes you just want to please them and prove yourself to them, especially at her age.

I wish I could barge in and give him a piece of my mind! Soul Reaver style!

Although my father is who he is, I still try to show him I care about him and try to be there for him when he is in pain…

I’ve always halped anyone out who was in need…

He works hard and I can understand that… but, mum is the only one who has ever shown any care. She was there for me when my concert was, the last concert he went to was the christmas concert in New York of last year. Though my mom forced him to come…:frowning:

edit: my mom tries being there for me. She was late for work when she came into my room saying that she thought she talked it over with him but, he started fussing so, she tells me to call up my aunt. So…:fungah:

It’s not that simple Manus, no matter what you do sometimes the ties of blood are stronger than the heart itself. As much as I’d wish to renounce my parents I can’t, because I love them unconditionally.

Chris, The best you can do is be wary of yourself in your father’s presence and keep your expectations low if you want to avoid confrontation with him, I know you’d probably want him to be there and care but some people are simply too selfcentered to notice what they are missing.

I’m quite unusual then, Z.

Ah, I wish I could take you away from all that…
I understand that you believe he can still be redeemed, but some people will never learn… Try it if you want, but if he persists in his behavior, then he is beyond forgiveness. I wish I could ease your pain in some way…

Well it’s not like he killed her…he still has a chance to prove that he can turn himself around.

No, you just have something else to focus your love upon, so you’re actually capable of ‘cutting the flow’ toward your parents, since you have somewhere else to divert it to.

And I certainly wouldn’t ‘wish to take her away’ from her problems, if you can’t face problems and need to be saved or run away then what’s the point? Grit your teeth and move on, fix it if possible, or live with it.

thank you for your words everyone. I’m going to do some house work befor I have to go. I’ll be in later… thankies.

If there’s anything I can do to help you feel better, let me know.

You know Manus, the knightly attitude is friendly and all, but it can be the undoing of your friends. If you volunteer to take all the blows then how are they to get stronger? Sometimes when you trust and care about someone, it also means letting them fight their own battles.

Just my word of advice really, disregard if you wish, it’s not my life.

My father was never around when I was a child. You’re lucky he’s there. I’d only see him MAYBE once a week… no wonder I’ve turned out so anti-social and ‘unmanly’ as it’s put. I’ve become a very calloused person, believe it or not.

Edit: Zero speaks the truth on many issues. If you can’t handle your own problems, then you’ve not really got any point in trying to live. I’m not saying you should kill yourself or something, but goddamn, grit your teeth and go through it. Sensitivity can be a good thing at times, but mostly it’s just in the way.

Originally posted by Zero
[b]You know Manus, the knightly attitude is friendly and all, but it can be the undoing of your friends. If you volunteer to take all the blows then how are they to get stronger? Sometimes when you trust and care about someone, it also means letting them fight their own battles.

Just my word of advice really, disregard if you wish, it’s not my life. [/b]

I understand, but I can’t stand seeing other people suffering. Her pain is my pain. I feel I must help her.

The world is full of pain and in the world are people who are worse off than her. Like the kids who got bombed in Iraq and lost their limbs. That’s not a very good excuse. In situations like she’s in, only she can help herself. We’re only here to help provide insight on the many paths which she can take. She has to make decisions in the end and make conclusions about how the world really works. No one else can do that for her.

When I speak of pain, I obviously have a different perspective on how things work than you , she, Zero. Our experiences are usually unique shape us as individuals if we choose a path which we believe in.

Then you owe your life to millions of others who are in pain also.Really, for someone who claims to have been hurt so much, you can’t seem to accept pain.Sometimes people need to experience suffering before they can grow as a person.

Buddhism acknowledges that all life is suffering. And its true. Nothing is all good in the world. Our definition of what is good is based off our definition of what is bad. Without bad to remind us of what good is, we can’t really appreciate the goodness which we might encounter.

Still, I think she needs some comfort in this time of grief.