Male v Female

This is from the Ethics thread (about the kid being a guy/girl and why, but this isn’t going to be about that)…

Anyway…

Who do you think would be more inclined towards violence?

As for me, I’m leaning towards men. I’m sure there are violent women out there and all, but you’re more likely to see a man rape a woman than vice versa (rape usually includes violence). And take a look at our jails: You’re going to see more men (yes, I know they’re not all there for violence-related crimes, but again, you’ll see more).

Go look in the newspaper. You’ll see violence in there. Once again, you’re going to see more men.

Anyway, that’s my view on the matter.

I agree, though I think once pushed, a woman can be more violent and out of control. Cruel and sadistic even, I don’t know it just seems that way to me because a woman, in general is deemed to be unfit, and more of a backbone and support, than an all-out force. A lot of women try to repell that image and go through great length of coldness to achieve that.

Gotta agree with that. Women try to talk things out while men try to duke em out. Not that Im not guilty of using fists over mind in the past. Just seems to get a point across quicker.

I think there might have been some sort of study on this, in school children anyway, although I can’t say for sure. Anyway, I read something along the lines of this:

Males tend to work out their differences with violence more often than females; the girls like to play mind games, spread rumors to damage the reputation of the person they’re mad at, and stuff like that.

Ah I wouldn’t say women are more likely to talk things out to get out of physical force…have you ever in the corridor of a high school where two chicks are pissed at each other? It involves a lot of cat fighting (but in most cases, blunt assault) and screaming at each other.

I think that both males and females are equally inclined towards violence. The reason that more males commit violent crimes (although I’d rather see some actual statistics here, rather than “more men commit violent crimes 'cuz I read more about violent men in the papers”) is because we steriotype ourselves. Honestly.

We learn the “fact” that men are more violent, and so men react in a more violent manner. Just like fifty years ago it was “natural” for women to be cooking and cleaning and “didn’t have the brains” to be anything but secretaries and nurses, its “natural” nowadays for men to be more aggressive and women to be more passive. This is, in reality, a tool that most men use to keep women down, as humans are always striving for power.

Herm. I am more inclinded to violence myself, but I know some guys who would never hurt a fly. Women can be some of the most violent and horrific creatures ever if you set them off just right. (This is just my opinion, please don’t think I’m sexist.)

I’ve always seen women in kinda stages (in regards to stuff like this)…

Young: More likely to try and talk it out or not deal with it.
8th-12th Grade: Spread rumors and hurt the person’s reputations and/or feelings.
Anything older: No friggin’ clue.

I think that overall (and in general), men are more violent, but if a man and woman are pushed, the woman would probably win.

And as for stats: I don’t know where to look (or how to phrase the search).

Cala, you are confusing personal experiences with actual data. Please give me proof.

In our society, men have the control, so it’s ingrained in us to be hostile to maintain our hold on society. However, this has been warped into a number of different faces, to the point where no longer are we protecting anything other than our pride. Our control has become so diluted with irresponsibility that pride has become the largest factor in most things that we do, not just men, but people in general.

Men are more prone to resort to violence, however men and women are all capable of doing violent things.

CC hinted at the reason why what is seen is seen: culturally assigned gender roles. Women are just as prone to violence as men. Just gotta tweak em right and put em in the right situation, like men.

Here’s what a quick Google gets…

http://www.newimprovedhead.com/destiny.htm
http://fact.on.ca/news/news0006/ts000624.htm
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/columnists/issac_bailey/6144549.htm
http://www.teepo.org/archives/psych/evolution.htm
http://www.backlash.com/content/gender/1999/6-jun99/acfc0699.html <-- That’s one that says women are quite violent.

I didn’t get a chance to look through these completely, so one or more might be irrelevant.

And I never said that women aren’t violent, just that men are more prone to it.

Men are more inclined towards violence than women are, as far as I can tell. However, I HAVE seen a lot of violent women in my life…and hell hath no fury like a woman on a rampage.

#include <stdio.h>

int main ()
{
printf("The most violent are the ");
if (woman.status=="PMS")
      printf("females!");
else
      printf("males!");
return 0;
}

Women are crazy bitches. In fights at school, guys punch each other and stuff, but girls pull each other’s hair out and scratch and bite.

And that is why women are more violent. Yep, backed by solid facts. :stuck_out_tongue:

#include <stdio.h>

int main ()
{
printf("The most violent are the ");
if (woman.status=="PMS")
      printf("females!");
if (man.status=="IMS")
      printf("males!");
else
      printf("males!");
return 0;
}

Cala: Your program got a bug. It’ll always say males are the most violent ones…

I’ll let you figure out why on your own though. :wink:

I can figure it out: Because I can’t code for crap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it s’posed to be an elseif? I dunno.

That was beautiful, Wert.

AMNESIA DUST!