Mageek teh Getherin!11

Must… resist urge… to counter war…

Fear is an ancient enchant creature that was later turned into an ability. Any creatures with fear cannot be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.

I also like to make my own decks. Just that I need some precons to edit to make my own. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not original. If I would make some deck from scratch, it’d probably be some crummy deck. :< Besides, I find that the precons are a better way to expand your collection. If one package costs about 3$ with tax, and the precons (where I buy cards) are 11-12$ with tax. I’m saving money on cards. And, each precon is one/two/three colors (haven’t seen four or fives lately), so I don’t have to buy <b>more</b> boosters to make a deck of a certain color. :stuck_out_tongue: I usually buy a precon, then buy 4 boosters, and try to edit the precon to my liking. Then take some of my 6th Edition cards (first set I bought… actually, bought quite a few decks) and put in what is best. So, with my Onslaught precon I bought (white-blue), I swapped out the white cards for some 6th Edition red cards, then my friend gave me a lot of red & blue cards. So uh… yeah.

Uh-huh. I dunno, I prefer to buy my cards single. That way I’m sure to get what I want. But, sometimes I pick up a booster pack, 'cause you never know what you’ll get out of them, and sometimes you’ll get a card that’ll give you some fun ideas.

I wanted to switch to a black-red deck, 'cause I’m looking for animate dead, and I have Worldgorger Dragon. :D:D:D:D::DDDdd Best combo ev0r. My nearby gaming store might sell singles, but the nearest place I know that sells singles is quite a drives away.

I always thought Worldgorger Dragon was too expensive to use. (mana-wise) But if you use Mana Flare, maybe (gives +1 mana of the same color as land you tap), and Jokulhaups. (Bury all artifacts, creatures and lands…)

So uh… yeah. About phasing, isn’t that pretty pointless? It’s removed from play, then you bring it back, without beginning freeze? I don’t see how you can advantage from it. Unless the card was phasing and used fade counters. Then it’d be pretty good. And yes, the card was Tolarian Drake. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think they meant it to be used as a check on cards that’re too powerful. But there are so many cards that have “When this creature comes into play” abilities, that if you can put phasing on them, it’s a nasty ability. I can’t think of any decent combos right now, though.

Sneasel was.

And my Counterspell owns your Serra Angel. :smiley:

My gigantic army of invincible elves owns everything, regardless of what it is.

You my friend, are…

There. Now that someone wins, there’s no reason to continue that, and we can concentrate on answering Setz’s questions.

Damn. Which colors do fear usually come in?

About my previous question about precons. Do you know of any Third Dawn precons that are red-blue, or red-black? Doesn’t have to be good. But I don’t want some shittay newb deck.

Wilf, are you kidding? Pokemon cards were banned from schools across North America.

He meant as in, like, banned cards from the game. For example, Hand of God, is banned in some games in MtG. Pokemon had none.

The enchant creature, Fear, is exclusive to black, and the ability, Fear, I have seen only in black and artifact creatures.

There is, however, a similar (though ancient) spell, called Seeker. It has the same effects, except it’s a white spell, and white creatures can block, rather than black. (Also, it costs 2WW, rather than BB)

About my previous question about precons. Do you know of any Third Dawn precons that are red-blue, or red-black? Doesn’t have to be good. But I don’t want some shittay newb deck.

Let’s see, Fifth Dawn precons… You may consider “Special Forces” The only pre-con that doesn’t include green or white. However, if that’s not to your liking, the other three pre-cons are linked at the bottom of that page.

He meant as in, like, banned cards from the game. For example, Hand of God, is banned in some games in MtG. Pokemon had none.

I would use Skullclamp as an example, rather than Wrath of God. It’s a newer card, with more obvious ways to abuse it. But, ehh, makes no difference to me.

Come on, ask more questions, I’m having fun helping you out.

I have some cards that are called Interrupts. Are these the old names for Instants? One card delays a spell depending on how many lands you tap.

Shinryu, I like this deck, but I’m not sure. Too many artifacts.

Interrupts. I miss them. Even if newer cards have the same effect, I always thought they were better as interrupts. Call me anal.

Interrupts are usually counterspells. Their effects happen faster than instants. Ie. Counterspell. It interrupts the spell being cast, and counters it. Simple, no?

A while back they stopped calling them interrupts because they figured it made things too complicated. Basically, they’re the same as instants, they’re just mostly used to interrupt other spells, that’s all.

The whole point of Mirrodin block was to make nasty artifact decks. Even though I can make killer ones without using a single card from that series. If you’re using Mirrodin block (Mirrodin, Darksteel, Fifth Dawn), you’re going to get a lot of artifacts or artifact counters. There’s no way around it, because Mirrodin is, like, Urza’s wet dream. (Urza was the greatest artificer in all of Dominaria)

And I’d suggest to touch Kamigawa only with a 10-foot pole.

If you want really good precons, try Onslaught or Odyssey block.

Pressure Cooker is a nice red-black deck.

Walking Nightmares looks pretty good, too.

Air Razers is another one you might want to try.

And that’s one precon for each set in Odyssey block. There’s a lot of excellent cards in those sets, and, in my opinion, they’re far superior to Mirrodin or Kamigawa. (Wellwishers, anyone?)

Hope that helped.

does anyone play any of Decipher’s games? I used to play the old Star Wars CCG, and recently tried to get into Wars TCG, but I can’t find anyone that plays them. It really stinks because I like those better then Magic, not that Magic is bad or anything, I just like moving stuff around, having slightly longer games.

Bah. I’m not a fan of Odyssy. Nor does my nearby store stock them. They stock Onslaught boosters, but not precons. The only precons I say were of the Mirrodin block.

My friend purchased the Air Razers deck, which is where I got most of my Judgment cards from. He gave me a shitload of blue and red cards, which sparked my interest. Not once, have I seen a precon with Red-blue. They aren’t related in the mana wheel, so yeah. Illogical.

My current deck, which loses at a considerable rate against victories is as follows.

1x Worldgorger Dragon
1x Laccolith Titan
1x Flametongue Kavu
1x Wall of Fire
1x Ancient Hydra
1x Bloodfire Colossus
1x Dwarven Scorcher
1x Blaze
1x Lightning Blast
1x Pyrotechnics
1x Lava Axe
1x Swelter
11x Mountains

Those are all my red cards. They all consist of cards that deal damage to opponent directly, which are the Instants, Sorceries, and the stronger monsters are all red. As you’ll notice, I have some Starter Cards in my deck. This is 'cause I bought the Starter-two-player Set, and I was at a low amount of cheap-costing 1 mana cards. The starter deck helped that.

2x Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
2x Ascending Aven
2x Voidmage Apprentice
1x Echo Trancer
1x Willbender
1x Vizzerdrix
1x Aven Windreader
1x Wormfand Turtle
1x Chromeshell Crap
1x Cetavolver
1x Aven Fisher
1x Cephaloid Aristocrat
1x Abjure
1x Ertai’s Meddling (awesome interrupt card :D)
1x Counterspell
1x Discombobulate
1x Defy Gravity
1x Plagiarize
1x Obsessive Search
1x Coral Net
1x Wall of Deceit
13x Islands

As you can see, my blue cards don’t relate to my red cards at all. They are basically counterspell cards, and weaker creatures. Most of these blue cards are from the Onslaught series, 'cause that’s the first precon I bought. I’m planning to seperate the blue cards, and make a blue-black deck. And then replace the blue in this deck for some other reds, or even just dissassemble it, and make some new deck. To make way for Blaster Master precon.

I originally bought this deck and just switched it around. I hate white cards, so I decided to remove them. I don’t like black or green that much, so I chose red to replace it.

If you can fix my deck, go ahead.

Edit: Sorry. You can’t fix my deck. I might now have the cards you’d want me to replace them with. Tell you what, tell me what cards you find do not fit in with the deck. I’ll be sure to replace those.

Ooh, this should be fun. Actually, unrelated colors can work together, if you know how to do it. I had a Green-Blue deck that worked pretty nastily, but I keep finding limitations with multicolor decks. Mostly I stick with mono-color now. But, let’s see what I can do with your deck.

First, put in a Jokulhaups, and a Mana Flare (If you can find one) Mana Flare is extremely old, but your deck looks like it needs one very badly.

With Jokulhaups, here’s what you’ll want to do. Tap mana for Jokulhaups, then mana for Worldgorger Dragon, Summon WGD, then, using leftover mana, (Since everything you have is out of play) and cast Jokulhaups. Everything dies, and all of your stuff comes back. This is where Mana Flare comes in very useful. Since it gives you more mana when you tap lands, it’s a given that it would be very helpful. (Be warned, though, your opponents get the same benefit)

Lightning Bolt and Shock. No red deck will ever be successful without these cards. Put 4 of each in. Replace Blaze with Fireball. Same cost, more versatile. I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of some of the creatures you use. But put in a Grim Lavamancer or two. I’d suggest breaking the deck up inot two mono colors, but that’s my preference. Play how you like.

I haven’t used blue in forever, so I’m going to have to leave it for now. I’ll contact my friend Valant Rapitor, and see what he says. He’s better with these colors than I am.

This is the most detailed, and indepth thread I’ve ever seen. :smiley:

Fireball? I thought Fireball was XR as well as Blaze, which is XR. XR being the mana cost. R is red, and X is variable.

I need some sort of Graveyard summon card. I don’t know of any blue or red cards that return cards from the Graveyard. I could use one for Worldgorger Dragon, to get infinite mana. Animate Dead is an awesome card, but it’s black. Y’see, it’s an Enchant Creature, and can be put on cards in the grave-yard. They are brought into play. Now, before I do this, I summon all sorts of shit with mana, but leave enough for Animate Dead. When WGD comes into play, Animate Dead is automatically removed from play due to WGD effect, so are my lands, tapped or not. Then, with Animate Dead removed from play, WGD must be discarded. But, with WGD effect, all my permanents come back into play, which’d bring my lands, and Animate Dead back. Then I just repeat the process. Such abusable.

Mana Flare you say? Unless it’s red or blue, I won’t use it. I’m a strict duo-color player. Exceptions such as Blaster Master will be made, however.

Then you’ve never been to Boards.jp. These kinds of threads are much more common there, especially in the Debate or Philosophy forums.

Fireball? I thought Fireball was XR as well as Blaze, which is XR. XR being the mana cost. R is red, and X is variable.

Not quite. Fireball can hit extra targets. It requires a bi of math skill, but you can increase the number of targets by one when you pay 1 mana. It deals equal damage, rounded down, to all creatures/players targetted.

I need some sort of Graveyard summon card. I don’t know of any blue or red cards that return cards from the Graveyard. I could use one for Worldgorger Dragon, to get infinite mana. Animate Dead is an awesome card, but it’s black. Y’see, it’s an Enchant Creature, and can be put on cards in the grave-yard. They are brought into play. Now, before I do this, I summon all sorts of shit with mana, but leave enough for Animate Dead. When WGD comes into play, Animate Dead is automatically removed from play due to WGD effect, so are my lands, tapped or not. Then, with Animate Dead removed from play, WGD must be discarded. But, with WGD effect, all my permanents come back into play, which’d bring my lands, and Animate Dead back. Then I just repeat the process. Such abusable.

I think it just creates an endless cycle of death and rebirth. I don’t think it would untap your mana, but I could be wrong. I’d have to ask my friend about that. But there are ways to filter your mana into whatever color you want. It’s how I use an Avatar of Woe in a green deck.

Mana Flare you say? Unless it’s red or blue, I won’t use it. I’m a strict duo-color player. Exceptions such as Blaster Master will be made, however.

It’s red. Costs 2R. And it adds one mana of the appropriate color when you tap a land for mana. (Ie. Mountain adds 2 red, Island 2 blue, etc.) Try it with a Fireball. Your enemies will be :thud:.

Interesting. Well, the new deck I want has Fireball. So I’ll use it. I’m going to pick up Master Blaster tommorow. It’ll be so friggin’ sweet.

drool

Edit: If I wanted a Fireball, I’d just use Pyrotechnics.

Ugh, I hated those stupid Darksteels so much I built a deck based on artifact removal. I still have it, but the only guy who ever used an artifact deck took his apart, so it’s useless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, no deck has ever withstood the fury of my elves. If you have one of those online programs, let me know which it is, and we can have a duel.

Enguard! :enguard:

Why? Are Darksteel set cards difficult to defeat? By the way, I have Apprentice, and free to use it, but I don’t know how to set it up.

I really hate Artifacts, although good; I can’t stand a non-color.

I see cards that add colorless mana to your ‘pool’. Would colorless be a Plains, or would it be nothing at all, and just a basic land?

Darksteel cards (that actually have Darksteel in the name), are killable only in a few manners because of indestructibility: Reducing toughness to 0, removing it from the game, or forcing it to be sacrificed.

As for Worldgorger Dragon and Animate Dead: You get infinite mana. You’ll remove everything from the game, then they come into play untapped (unless it would normally come into play tapped, like Barren Moor or other stuff). With a way to draw (Bazaar of Baghdad, Compulsion), you can draw your entire deck, find what you need to kill your opponent, and be done with the game. It’s all about knowing how to use the stack, though; if your opponent is a dick and has you explain it, you must be able to explain it.

Colorless mana is just that: colorless. It can’t be used to play a card that’s got WW as its cost. So for example, Ancient Tomb. You tap it to add 2 colorless mana to your pool, and with that mana, you could play a Sol Ring or something else with a 1 or 2 in its mana cost that’s not colored mana, but you wouldn’t be able to play a Blaze if you only had the Ancient Tomb for mana.

I have the ultimate blue-green enchantment deck. If I’m lucky, I can kill anyone in 3 turns.

What is wrong with you people and blue. I use blue and OWN!

It’s all about black/white. >:)

Yeah, stop being a RACIST, Trk.

Would colorless mana be affected by Mana flare? So I’d get 4 colorless mana for Ancient Tomb?