LotR:RotK

For those non-LotR people out there, the title is short for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (the 3rd book in the oh-so-famous trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien).

Anyway… I’d like to talk about rumors ‘n’ stuff about the movie coming out this December…

And I have a bit to contribute…

[spoiler]There will be no “fighting for the Shire” at the end of the movie. Besides what the brothers have said, I’ve gathered some other stuff from the movies.

1. IIRC, in the book, Frodo sees the Shire burning and stuff. Granted, he sees this in the movie, but it’s explained as what happens if He-Who-Must-Not… Errr… Sauron gets the One Ring back.

2. Sam doesn’t get that box from Galadriel when they leave Lothlorién. Now, how is he s’posed to grow all those wonderful trees back? Exactly. He doesn’t. 'cause he don’t need to.

DAMN THEM. I WANT TO SEE THE SHIRE BATTLES. ><[/spoiler]

And that’s my bit on the 3rd movie for now.

Aww I wanted to see Sharky get his bitch-ass stabbed.

Man if that’s true, the third movie is gonna be crap.

Just like the first two? Wow, no way!

Originally posted by Cala
[b][spoiler]There will be no “fighting for the Shire” at the end of the movie. Besides what the brothers have said, I’ve gathered some other stuff from the movies.

Nah, that has to be a rumor, those scenes are the crux of the story.

1. Sam doesn’t get that box from Galadriel when they leave Lothlorién. Now, how is he s’posed to grow all those wonderful trees back? Exactly. He doesn’t. 'cause he don’t need to.[/spoiler]

Are you sure, I could have sworn one of my friends said that he got the box in the dvd version.
[/b]

I’m not going to listen to any of the rumors about the movie…I’ll just sit back and let it prove itself to me.

I just watched the DVD the other day. He only got Elvish rope.

It MIGHT be in some sort of extended version, I don’t know if you watched that or not. In any case you’re most likely correct about the box.

Another reason it may not be in (such as moving Shelob to the 3rd movie) is time reasons… Some say Shelob could take 45 minutes to an hour in the movie… Couple that with the epic battle for Gondor and then at the gates of Mordor, you’re running out of time real fast.

I have the extended DVD, Sam gets his box and the rest of the fellowship get their gifts too.

I just watched the scene on my extended DVD set, all Sam gets is the rope. I recall when I watched one of the commentary’s, when they did the scene when Galadriel showed Frodo the razing of the Shire, one of the speakers said that was their tribute to that, as if they didn’t intend to have it in the third movie. So perhaps it won’t be there.

I also watched the said part in the extended version and sam does get his box

I want to see the Shire battles too… I wouldn’t mind not going to the bathroom an extra hour to see that :stuck_out_tongue:

He doesn’t get a box. I’m telling you.

And so would a lot of us, Cless. You don’t know how rabid some fans are. :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard their going to start the third movie right after shelob bite frodo or some where around there. And I wanted to see vixcious hobbits use their bows of death on the goblin men. Lifes not fair.

If they skip Shelob, I’m going to butcher the producers.

Sam gets his box in the extended version! I just checked it on my DVD!

Pink may be thinking of the Rankin Bass Return of the King. It’s sort of a sequel to the cel shaded Lord of the Rings, and what’s left out between the two is Shelob.

You do know that means they cut it from the original? Which means that it most likely won’t used unless it’s in the extended version of Return of The King.

Originally posted by Cala
If they skip Shelob, I’m going to butcher the producers.

I think Gollum referenced Shelob at the end of the second movie.

And what are people talking about the shire battle not fitting, the third book is by far the shortest since it’s been bulked up by hundreds of pages of appendixes.