Lost Prophets

That’s the thing. Their older stuff is over 20 years old. If you’ve been listening to it for that long, the overuse and repitition is definately there. The overuse in fanmanship is there too. I don’t like entire metal cult because everyone’s favourite band is Iron Maiden or some other staple metal band like them. It’s just overdone.

And “The Reason” is the name of the album. I’m actually not crazy about the song.

Edit: You know what? Why am I even defending Hoobastank. I keep forgetting that I actually don’t like them very much either :stuck_out_tongue: Only select songs.

Eh, did you read any of the lyrics for the rest of the songs?
Angst. Hello?
(I hate that song too :D)

Edit: How sickeningly convenient, Hades.

You have a lip ring.

If you want deep and meaningful lyrics try some Hasil Adkins.

Iron Maiden is my no means my favourite band, but they’re still good, and not yet trite. Some of their songs and song templates are trite (the ‘end of the world’ songs like Out of the Silent Planet are, for the most part) but the Wicker Man was a fairly original song. Actually, most of Brave NEw World was either original, or a new twist on old stuff.

Bah, the Lost Prophets suck. THey’re just another pop-punk band that decided to ‘go against the trend’ and play slightly heavier and with piano some of the time.

No they aren’t, but I bet it made you feel cool to say that.

They indeed are not pop-punk. They don’t have a punk bone in their bodies.

EDIT: And they aren’t terribly poppy, either.

For once, I’m gonna semi-agree with Hades.
They’re not pop-punk. They’re just pop. With a piano and “heavy”

I don’t care much for 'em.

Your point? Where are your standards at, really? Unless you listen to nothing but bands who play the spoons and such, how can you complain about originality? The Lost Prophets do what they do, and well. That’s good enough for me.

And they’re not pop, any way you look at it. Most of the people on these forums haven’t heard of them, so they can’t be pop as in popular, and since they’re hard rock in nature, they can’t be pop musically either.

what the hell are you talking about? I didn’t say they sucked, infact I haven’t even heard anything by them. Lol, yeah, I live in the 80’s, sure. maybe I was born in the 80’s, but I certainly don’t limit myself to the decade in which I was birthed. Clearly you’re the one that’s stuck in the 80’s, with all your samurai fanaticism and uh over-exerted polydindrums. I mean seriously man, I don’t know where you get this idea that I only listen to music from the 80’s. Maybe you’re the one that’s limiting his mind by saying I’m limiting my mind!

IF YOU GUYS DON’T SHUT UP, SYCHO AND I ARE GOING TO START MAKING UP BANDS AGAIN AND START TALKING ABOUT THEM

Dude, that would be sweet if you guys did that again. I thought that was the most entertaining part about the MCR thread.

Ok, now I downloaded a couple songs by Lost Prophets. “Shinobi VS Dragon Ninja” and “Goodbye Tonight”.

Complete waste of time! Well I gotta say, Shinobi VS Dragon Ninja had it’s moments, but it’s nothing I’d want to listen to all the time. Goodbye Tonight was pathetic. I couldn’t even listen to the whole thing, so I just skipped through various parts, and nothing caught my attention.

In conclusion, Lost Prophets suck. That’s my final comment in this thread.

ps hades u sux 2 lolz

sigh

Good taste is dead. Truly.

Yeah, holy shit Lost Prophets suck. They are like, terrible. They sound like they are sucking weeners during their songs. They are just horrible. Same with Hoobastank, only not really now that I realized that I dont actually like them!

Basically all the bands Hades likes suck. I mean seriously, can you have any worse musical taste!? All the bands he listens to are all like “DOODODOOOOOO HARDCORE PUNK/rock/piano/singing/classical(lolsure)/uh DOOOOARAAR DARRRR DARR”

I don’t particularly like them, but I can understand why someone would. I’ll probably send them to my girlfriend, she likes that kinda stuff. shrugs

And Incubus isn’t a shitty name, man, Incubus is the male equivalent of a Succubus, and Succubi rule!

As for Iron Maiden being trite… I can see it. They are one of my favorite bands, but they get pretty campy at times. I would say that their most “trite” period is from No Prayer for the Dying to Virtual IX. Coincedentally, that’s the period in which I don’t like most of their music, although there are a few gems on each of those albums. If you want high quality Iron Maiden, I’d go with most of Number of the Beast, Powerslave, and Piece of Mind and all of Iron Maiden and Killers. That’s my two cents.

Most of the ‘trite’ albums you mentioned are ones without Bruce Dickinson, which I’ll agree with. Iron Maiden wasn’t the same without him.

Also, Lanyx, I don’t think Hades Listens to any hardcore punk, at least from what he’s said so far.

Hades probably listens to the hardest of the hardcore punk. I bet it’s up there with Discharge and the Exploited.