I'VE FINALLY SOLVED THE MISSING DOLLAR QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so excited!

<b><u>The Question:</u></b>
Three guys go to a hotel and pay $10 each to the manager. Then he realizes that it was only supposed to cost $25, and gives $5 to the bellhop to give back to them. The bellhop realises that $5 can’t be split into three, so he dcides to keep $2. He gives three dollars back to the guys.

If the guys payed $9 each, which makes $27, and the bellhop has $2, which makes $29, WHERE IS THE MISSING DOLLAR!?

<b><u>The Answer:</u></b>
THERE IS NO MISSING DOLLAR!

The guys payed $9 each and the bellhop has $2, so that makes $29, right!?

<font size=“7”>WRONG!!!</font>

At this point, you have to ask yourself where the bellhop got his money from. He got it from the money the guys payed the hotel, right? So THEREFORE, it’s already PART OF THE $27. So why would you add it on again? You wouldn’t!

The missing $3 are in the hands of none other than THE GUYS WHO RENTED THE ROOM!

VOILA! AY PLUS!

I know Macc’s real name.

SHIT! This shall be my next quest.

lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun.

So what did the three men pay? 10$ or 9$? since you seemed to change halfway through.

:kissy:

I must say, I’m impressed. I could never figure it out. :biggrin:

They payed $10, but they got $3 back, so they payed $9. The hotel got 3 payements of $8.33 and the bellhop got $2. Understand?

You’re so witty. And pretty. And gay.

But three payments of $8.33 would result in $24.99! :o:O:O:O:O:O:O:O MISSING PENNY! :o:O:O:O:O

SHIT! MISSING PENNY!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Let’s find it!

Actually, the answer is quite simple, but it’s a trick question. They pay 30 total, and recieve back 3, which you subtract from 30. This equals 27, then you subtract the 2, which brings the total to the correct 25. The same would have happened if they paid 27 in the first place, they would have recieved 2 dollars in change (which is what the bellhop stole), because you subtract the bill from the amount paid to get the change. There’s no adding involved in the answer. So the answer is that there is indeed no missing dollar, but that’s the logic behind it. Better explained Hades, because I really don’t know what the hell he was saying they way he said it. :stuck_out_tongue:

No see, if you say stupid things like that you just make it more difficult then it actually is. :stuck_out_tongue: Hence why this is some great riddle.

:kissy:

Was this an extended effort of yours … ? :slight_smile:

Wow…I’m totally confused.

Well, congratulations I guess. You just figured out a riddle I would’ve gave up on, what are you going to do now? Sleep?

I’ve never heard of that one :smiley:

I don’t get it.

You should give me $30 so I can figure it out.
By staying in a hotel.
And have sex with the bellhop.

Wait wait…who’s having sex with the bellhop? Should I get a camera, or my bellhop outfit?

Good for you Hades.

What “stupid things?” If this is an attempt to redeem yourself for having your little ego-tripping questioning of my logic shot down, you really need to find better things to do with your time :confused:

claps Good one, Hades. =D