I've been pondering death

The whole purpose of the afterlife is to give people hope << if you don’t believe in it or believe in it but can’t really imagine it. If the afterlife existed, how could YOU tell me what its purpose is?

Plus, I doubt all people are hopeful for an afterlife… some people believe in hell, remember? :smiley:

I think that you probably get reincarnated because something has to happen to your mind after death. Of course, I may be completely wrong and we may all just go to the nowhere outside the Universe where there is nothing, and I mean nothing. No void, no time, no light and no darkness. Maybe all you end up with is memories, stripped of all the delusions humans attach to them. Maybe that’s why the good people will go to heaven, they’ll have good memories, and the bad’ll have bad memories. Or I may be wrong. For all we know, this could all be a dream and that when we go to sleep we’re actually awake and we’re asleep when we’re awake and this chatroom doesn’t exist except in all our minds 'cause we’re having the same dream. This debate is pointless unless you kill someone and leave them dead for, say a week, then revive them and ask them what they saw.

Where do folks go when they die?
simple
they go to Branson, Missouri

This means three possible things:

1. All forms of the afterlife exists, and it all depends on what you believe.
  2. Only one form of the afterlife exists, and all other forms are wrong.
  3. There is no afterlife.
    No, actually, if you thoroughly studied multiple religions, you’d see that there is one heaven, and that different cultures’ interpretations of heaven can co-exist because many are extremely similar. Even Hinduism, which has existed since long before recorded history, has so many things in common with Judaism/Christianity/Islam, Shinto, Buddhism, AND Primal Religions that it’s startling, at least if you look at it in a more general way.

And guys, don’t start shit on how Christianity is corrupt or how all religions are control methods and you’re tuff and independant for being aethiest. It’s bullshit, you’re stupid for ever thinking that, and I don’t want it being talked about. This thread is purely about death.

Actually, there are striking parallels to taking a trip to Branson during tourist season and Dante Alighieri’s The Inferno…You wait 30-60 minutes in traffic in heat that makes you want to pass out, trying to get to someplace far away to see some long dead person, it has a lake you can’t swim in, and once you get there you already regret being there.

DEATH IS JUST A REALLY COMFORTABLE SLEEP!
IT’S LIFE THAT SUCKS. I MEAN, HERE YOU WERE SLEEPING HAPPILY AND PROBABLY HAVING A NICE DREAM AND THEN, ALL OF A SUDDEN, YOU’RE THROWN INTO A COLD WORLD WHERE BARELY ANYONE ACKNOWLEDGES YOU AND THE FEW THAT DOES HATES YOU OR ARE ONLY FRIENDLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE MONEY. A WORLD WHERE YOU EVEN HAVE TO PAY TAXES!

I heard if you believe in God, you go to Heaven, and if you don’t, you go to Hell. ::dekar!::

Sounds like my first day of middle school

Dude. There BETTER be a fucking heaven or something. At least a giant house to hang out with people in. Where the fuck am I going to play games and hang out with friends when I die?

I’ve never been scared of death, I’ve only been scared of never being able to feel love, joy or anything positive again.

I don’t really care about death. If heaven and hell don’t exist, then it doesn’t matter. If they do exists. Well, since all religions have different views on what you should do to get into “heaven” (#1 is usually that you have to believe in that particular religion) you’re pretty fucked, no matter what. So I just life life at it is and worry about death when I die.
Makes everything a lot easier. And according to the Dante’s Inferno Test I’m gonna end up in Limbo anyway, so no real biggie there :stuck_out_tongue:

Hades…
Me and maz discussed this a few WEEKS AGO, where the FUCK were you?

Yeah…
<a href=“http://www.livejournal.com/users/stevus/”>Down the page a bit</a>

Lucky you. I’m headed for the 6th Circle… O_o

8th

Purgatory suckers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe in the heaven hell thing. I pretty much agree with what hades said. The only real difference between the ‘heavens’ is how you get there, and small specific things.

I rated high for Limbo and the Malebolge. Guess I’ll be Steve’s roomie in Hell then. :frowning:

…WHAT did I say about NOT posting your outcomes? rolls eyes

Also, not all spiritual beliefs focus on afterlife. As a matter of fact many beliefs of the left hand path don’t mention an afterlife at all.

Dalton I’m ashamed! You’re a good boy, or you were ;_;

So wait, are you saying you dont think there are people out there who take good ideas that are taught in certain religeons (christianity, catholosism, jewdism, ect spelling?) and twist them around to take advantage of people’s weak willpower? Are you saying that somthing created by MAN couldnt possibly be corrupt? Huh, I guess I’m a bad judge of human nature.

As a side note, I’m not Aethiest or anything, I dont really care to have a title at all, in fact, religeon has no place in my life, not even the lack of it. I want to be as disconected from that whole mess of stress. Its just not worth it to me.

Then you’re considered atheist, just like me.