It's AERIS Goddammit!

Regardless of who wants to call her what, Aeris is what she was brought into this world as in America. We first met her (those of us who played the ENGLISH version) AERIS.

Besides the fact that the name “Aerith” sounds competely disgusting as somthing to utter at someone as a name, Kingdom Hearts was a good Disney game, but as for a Squenix game, it just bastardized alot of the cooler characters in the series. Cloud does not need a wing and Vincent’s cape to be cool.

Ok, so I was wrong, but I have never been much of a linguist anyway. And no I have not ever heard a native Japanese person speech much English.

And anyway, like Cid said this whole Aeris/Aerith thing was probably just some Square translation error.

Aerith and Aeris are exactly the same name except for the last consonant; they’re both pronounced “ah-eh-rith/riss”, so I really have no idea why Aerith would be any more “disgusting” than Aeris.

Meh, I guess it boils down to personal preference for me. I just cant stand the way Aerith sounds. Especially knowing now that it isnt even the Japanese version of the name.

Ah, but it is.

Let’s put it this way. Japanese games often make use of foreign words when they name things - even though phonetically there’s no way to pronounce them in Japanese. For instance, Sephiroth is originally a Hebrew name. Does that mean that the Japanese version of Sephiroth’s name is “Sefirosu”? Hardly. It’s “Sephiroth”, because the word the name is based on is Hebrew, and the Hebrew name is written “Sephiroth”. Similarly, the Greek word Aerith was the original one. Phonetically it became “Aerisu” when written in Japanese. Smart translators would have realized the origin of the name and used “Aerith”, but these translators weren’t smart.

Aerith sounds like Aeris with a lisp… kinda… not exactly, but ya know, kinda

I think that may also be part of my problem, I dont like the way it sounds. Lisps bother me and that could be it.

Ithin it thilly?

Thats what I thaid,
Thean (Sean)

I just called her that bitch who wants to ruin the relationship between cloud and tifa.
>_>;;

Tifa was pretty slutty though… Aeris was a good match for Cloud.

And Tifa was slutty because she wore a tight T-Shirt and bounced? Gimme a break.

“But remember, Phoenix Downs don’t always work. I’m looking at you, Aeris!”

(yeah I had to say it, that line’s been in my head all day)

Indeed, I got the feeling that Tifa was a giood girl she was! She couldn’t help it if she had obscenely large breasts, or prefer simpler clothing for fighting!

And I can’t stand saying Aerith. It just sounds stupid to me, too.

Neither were slutty, but Aeris was a lot sweeter and more innocent than Tifa. Cloud was the sluttiest. He tried to have sex with The Don.

Yeah, I’m not seeing anything at all about any of her actions being considered “slutty” the only remote part was the part where they got Cloud all sexied up… But even at that, she did it for a reason.
Tifa was just scantily clad.

Did sexy clothes make Lara Croft a slut? Wait… no… bad example…

Lara Croft was a slut without being sexy.

Lara Croft flaunted her goods and I don’t think she ever slept with a guy. I think she’s more a tease.

You saw that too?
“Uh- oh this one looks tough we may need backup on this one. Aeris, why don’t you summon up something fierce.” (Aeris summons Bahumat) 50damage :hahaha;

Tifa got around… remember Johnny ? And those guys she ran around with before she tossed in with Cloud…

Holy crap! If what you say is true… I still dont give a damn!
Call me crazy, but I dare say that a girl is able to hang out with guys and be thier friend without having to “get around” with them…!

as for the lara croft thing… I did say it was a bad example! :slight_smile:

Going By my FF7 Battle shots and KH & FF7:AC shots I have on my PC. Boob’s size, No numbers.

Tifa: Big, May [STRIKE]be fake.[/STRIKE] have socks\purse\padding. Victory Dance is a very ‘Jiggly’ one. Better outfit for AC I’ll wait untill the DVD\Trailer.
‘Flower Girl’: Possibly a size smaller than I’d like. But very beliveble. Same goes for KH. AC gained a Size.
Yuffie: Seen as shes only 14-18 (Depening on who and what). She’s Still a girl so I’m saying that looks promcing for her 20s if she was real.

Big Nutter
“Lara Croft was designed by a 18 year old Bloke, with no girlfriend”
eh, Expert for the sexiest girl for a game.